Honeymoon

Started by redboots, February 21, 2008, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornerback

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 03, 2008, 10:53:44 AM
Ball Park, cornerback, roughly how much are you talking?

Your probably looking at £3000 for flights (incl 2 internal) & hotels, then £1000+ for spending money

Must check tonight just to confirm that - don't think i'm too far away anyway.

Edit: there was a very favourable exchange rate at the time - slighty under 2 Dollars to the pound

cornerback

Checked it out for you last night Onion Bag

I was bang on with the £3000. 

Onion Bag

Holy f**k i got a quote back there for 3 nights in LA, 7 nights in Hawaii, 4 nights in Vegas, total of £5590, and then you have spending money

Bundoran doesnt look so bad after all!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

gawa316

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 04, 2008, 10:20:52 AM
Holy f**k i got a quote back there for 3 nights in LA, 7 nights in Hawaii, 4 nights in Vegas, total of £5590, and then you have spending money

Try and get a flight over to San Fran and then book with a agent from there. We went to Oahu for 4 nights then onto Kauai for 10 nights (7 in an apartment in Poipu and 3 in the Princeville resort) cost us about $5500. I should have the name of the travel agent if ye pm me

Donagh

Your might better off getting the flights yourself and booking hotels separately. Bit more time consuming looking for hotels and special deals etc but will be worth it. Reckon I saved myself about £3k for my trip to South America during the summer.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Donagh on November 04, 2008, 03:07:14 PM

Your might better off getting the flights yourself and booking hotels separately. Bit more time consuming looking for hotels and special deals etc but will be worth it. Reckon I saved myself about £3k for my trip to South America during the summer.
I used to do that, but in the last year or so I find that trailfinders can get better deals on hotels than I can by booking on internet (also some hotels can offer cheaper deals on the phone than on internet - still trailfinders got me the best of all prices - to koh samui last year and dubai this year)

Donagh

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 04, 2008, 03:14:07 PM
I used to do that, but in the last year or so I find that trailfinders can get better deals on hotels than I can by booking on internet (also some hotels can offer cheaper deals on the phone than on internet - still trailfinders got me the best of all prices - to koh samui last year and dubai this year)

Dunno, I got a quote and an itinerary from them and they had me traveling for 36 hours on my outward journey with 3 or 4 connections. I was able to book the same destination myself direct from Schiphol and was in my hotel in 13 hours later. Plus if you book very early a lot hotels will offer good deals. 

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Donagh on November 04, 2008, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 04, 2008, 03:14:07 PM

Dunno, I got a quote and an itinerary from them and they had me traveling for 36 hours on my outward journey with 3 or 4 connections. I was able to book the same destination myself direct from Schiphol and was in my hotel in 13 hours later. Plus if you book very early a lot hotels will offer good deals. 
I always check to see if I can get a faster/cheaper/more direct way anyhow - just to ensure they hadnt missed something.

sometimes they dont have certain carriers/airlines that have better routes to various locations - carribean and south america seem to be in that category

Tyronelass

Have been looking at honeymoons as well,

Visited trailfinders and found them excellent, very informative and helpful.
At the minute we've 2 main option:

4 nites in Vegas, 2 nites in LA, 3 nites Santa Babara, 1 nite Monterey and finishing with 4 nites in san fran

OR

4 nites in Vegas, 2 in LA, 5 in Hawaii and 4 in san fran

Generally to go to Hawaii would push the cost up - is it worth it?

gawa316

Quote from: Tyronelass on November 06, 2008, 06:31:39 PM

Definitely, I'd move there today if I could. Kauai is absolutely beautiful (cause it's the oldest) and not as populated or built up as the other main islands. Oahu is class as well but Honolulu is a bit of dive. The north shore is the spot, especially if you're into your surfing

JimStynes

http://contiki.co.uk/tours/17-la-to-the-bay
http://tours.trailfinders.com/tailormadetours.nsf/tailormadetours?readform&continent=usa&country=Western%20USA

Im looking at different tours for USA at the minute, the trailfinders link about has a load of different types of tours you can do. Im just going to be copying the itinerary and doing it myself as i will be doing it at the tail end of a round the world trip as i would say you could do them yourself for much cheaper.

cornerback

4 nites in Vegas, 2 nites in LA, 3 nites Santa Babara, 1 nite Monterey and finishing with 4 nites in san fran

OR

Be sure to do the helicopter tour of the grand canyon

We used this outfit and thought they were great.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Las-Vegas/Grand-Canyon-All-American-Helicopter-Tour/d684-2280AAHT

overdabar

just back from my honeymoon, 4 weeks in australia. had an absolute ball.
found that when i was booking and sorting out my itinerary with trailfinders the bloke i was dealing with was an absolute knob and everything was hassle for him. give the itinerary to kuoni and they changed a few things and put me in nicer hotels and when they give me the price they were about 200 quid cheaper, i told them they were a bit dear and they knocked of another 250. if you need someone to cross check price with, give kuoni a go

Onion Bag

OR

I am looking for something similar, but i think this is too much travelling, you will find yourself constantly on the move, thats why i was going to go for 3 places or maybe even 2, LA, VEGAS, AND HAWAII for a week,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

goal and a point

i booked honeymoon, worth trying 3/4 different agents and then play them off between each other. Used 1 english, 1 south of ireland and 2 from north. i saved £1000 in 4 weeks of bargaining. Ended up with different hotels but roughly same star rating and close by that option, there are always are chepaer options if you are not looking to stay at the very best hotels. It was a person in a travel agent told me this and i ended up using Buttercrane in Newry as reccomended on this topic forum 4 months ago.