Honeymoon

Started by redboots, February 21, 2008, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redboots

Need some help lads....Will be booking honeymoon soon has anyone any advice, anyone every been to mexico??????????????????
Red Boots

illdecide

South Africa is the ticket. 1 week in Durban and 1 week in Cape Town. in saying that i went to Orlando for mine which was good too but south africa is the ticket
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Puckoon

Mexico is a nice spot. Was in Cancun on my own belated honeymoon. Good time, great views, great food, super weather and some of the all inclusive resorts are great value.

his holiness nb

Mexico is the biz, caribbean sea, lively resort (Cancun) and great day trips, Chitzen Itza.

What sort of thing are you looking? Lively? Desert Island quiet?
Ask me holy bollix

redboots

when you were in South Africa do you go on safari at all 
Red Boots

stevo-08

we went to south america - venezuela & peru. wouldnt have changed a single thing about it. totally chilled out & relaxed on an island off venezuela before heading to Peru for amazing sightseeing & trekking, including doing machu pichu.

suppose it all depends on what you're looking for.

ziggysego

My sister is going to Norway for hers.
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: stevo-08 on February 21, 2008, 07:10:16 PM
we went to south america - venezuela & peru. wouldnt have changed a single thing about it. totally chilled out & relaxed on an island off venezuela before heading to Peru for amazing sightseeing & trekking, including doing machu pichu.

Doing the same ourselves this summer. Have Caracas and Lima hotels booked already - any recommendations for Cusco and booking the Machu Pichu trek? Going on to Lake Titicaca and La Paz and back by Arica in Chile for the flight back to Lima.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 07:17:58 PM

Where's her new husband going ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Bar None

All inclusive Domincan Republic.  ;)

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on February 21, 2008, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on February 21, 2008, 07:10:16 PM

Doing the same ourselves this summer. Have Caracas and Lima hotels booked already - any recommendations for Cusco and booking the Machu Pichu trek? Going on to Lake Titicaca and La Paz and back by Arica in Chile for the flight back to Lima.

There's nothing like a spot of Eco-tourism ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 21, 2008, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 07:17:58 PM

Where's her new husband going ?

Edinburgh

That would be my perfect honeymoon i go one place she goes to another !
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hereiam

Me and the Mrs went to Las Vegas for 4 nights, San Fran for 3 nights and Hawaii for 7 was a trip well worth every penny.

stevo-08

Quote from: Donagh on February 21, 2008, 07:18:09 PM

We stayed in Novo Hotel in Cuzco  www.novotelcusco.com nice hotel & fairly central.
Is this a honeymoon or a holiday. if it's honeymoon, then i'd highly recommend miraflores hotel in lima - absolutely superb. as for machu pichu, to do the 4 day trek, you need to book 6months in advance. we booked everything through an agent in cork Beacon South America. They used Condor Travel in peru, who looked after everything for us including the machu pichu trek. Are you going to Arequipa? absolutely beautiful city. Caracas is a dump, we spent 1 night there and it was more than enough.