Honeymoon

Started by redboots, February 21, 2008, 05:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: stephenite on June 17, 2008, 04:30:09 AM
Quote from: stpauls on June 16, 2008, 03:49:07 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on June 16, 2008, 03:44:16 PM
Yeah she mightnt, but its all the other feckers out there.
Goin through it at the moment and swear to god next person asks me how are the wedding plans coming along, they are gettin a headbutt!!! Feckin thing is 6 months away!!

lucky you, mine is in less than 4 weeks and that is all i am getting too, how are the plans going and how many have replied etc etc!! fecking pain in the arse!!!

Try having a small wedding in Sydney and finding out every **** is deciding a wee trip to Australia would be very nice and sure we can fit the wedding in as well - it's a small wedding for a reason ye c***ts.

Come out to Oz whenever ye want - I'll put ye up, just don't all land on the one week expecting a big Irish white wedding when all we're doing is hitting the Registry Office and going for a quiet family meal. >:(

the better half's brothers had a similar problem a couple of years ago, one of them got married in Fermanagh and no one really came to the wedding, yet when her other brother got married in NY, all the cousins decided to go, just cause it was in New York!!!

goal and a point

anyone know of any or purchased through any sites that have good deals. or you just better booking everything yourself

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: goal and a point on July 22, 2008, 10:45:11 AM
anyone know of any or purchased through any sites that have good deals. or you just better booking everything yourself

Booked ours through Buttercrane travel in Newry, got a fantastic price.
Tbc....

nifan

got sorted through http://www.travelcounsellors.ie/

Happy with what we are getting, and the women we dealt with had been to South Africa a number of times and really knew the areas she was talking about which was good.

stpauls

i think it is Pathfinders, or Trailfinders, behind the Boots on Royal Avenue in Belfast are meant to be very good for prices and organising everything for you!!

under the bar

Yes do Cancun all inclusive.  You won't regret it.  And visit the Mayan ruins, or let the wife lie in while you do it.   Also if you like snorkelling the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world is just off the coast.   

Onion Bag

Quote from: stpauls on July 22, 2008, 11:39:18 AM

i think it is Pathfinders, or Trailfinders, behind the Boots on Royal Avenue in Belfast are meant to be very good for prices and organising everything for you!!

I know a guy who works for Trailfinders and he tells me that you are better going along with someone like them (And this was not a sales pitch) coz if your itinery fucks up, or you are not happy with something, at least you can blame someone and hold someone accountable, but they basically do every corner of the world and all staff are well travelled and experienced,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bannside

Twas a few years ago alright, but for our honeymoon me and da missus did 3 days LA, drive up Big Sur to San Francisco (just to be sure of getting to see Antrim play Kilkenny in the all ireland semi ) 3 days in Lake Tahoe, 4 days on the island of Kauai (Hawaii), and back to LA for a few days before flying home. About 17 days. Fought on about 14 of them!

Seriously check out (google) Kauai Marriott resort and beach club, for the ultimate, or else stay locally a bit cheaper and just use the hotel facilities.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Hereiam on February 21, 2008, 08:22:29 PM
Me and the Mrs went to Las Vegas for 4 nights, San Fran for 3 nights and Hawaii for 7 was a trip well worth every penny.

Looking at booking my Honeymoon shortly, and was thinking along the lines of this or Maybe LA, Vegas and Hawaii, What sort of money are talking for the likes of this, Spending money etc.getting hitched next July but want to get this booked as early as?

balladmaker

Not honeymoon related, but whatever you do, don't spend more than 3 days in LA.  I made the mistake of spending a week in it, was ready for the road after 3 days.  Once you do Disney, Universal Studios, Warner Studios, Hollywood, Venice Beach, that was enough for me.

Would recommend Arizona, Las Vegas and LA for about 14 nights in total.  A great trip.

Then again if its your honeymoon, and you fancy eating, drinking and whatever else for 2 weeks, then all inclusive in a good resort is the way to go.

Hereiam

From what I have been told L.A is not worth seeing. The trip was booked with Thomson for around £4500. The hotels we stayed in were great no problems at all. If you go to Hawaii I would advise you to go to the Island Maui. Spending money was about £1500 probably would have been more if we had threw money into the slot machines. In Vegas we done a trip to the grand canyon which we booked separately and in San Francisco we done the Alcatraz tour which was very interesting. The only problem with this type of Holiday is that every one that I go on now will not beat it.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Hereiam on November 03, 2008, 10:29:51 AM
From what I have been told L.A is not worth seeing. The trip was booked with Thomson for around £4500. The hotels we stayed in were great no problems at all. If you go to Hawaii I would advise you to go to the Island Maui. Spending money was about £1500 probably would have been more if we had threw money into the slot machines. In Vegas we done a trip to the grand canyon which we booked separately and in San Francisco we done the Alcatraz tour which was very interesting. The only problem with this type of Holiday is that every one that I go on now will not beat it.

f**k its expensive, for a 2 week holiday, Dont know why LA is in my head, i suppose its the whole movie hollywood thing, and celebs, my sister reckoned LA wasnt all that great, because it is so big and everything is so far from each other, So we may look at San Fran, Vegas, Hawaii,
£1500? was that each or for the 2 of you, and was it for the whole holiday?

Canalman

Not married, but from what I have seen Hawaii would be the best homeymoon destination . Miami/Key West would also get a nod.

cornerback

Did Santa Monica, San Fran & Vegas for the honeymoon...

Brilliant time. Santa Monica is ideal as its close enough to LA for any tourist spots you want to visit but also slower paced for a relaxing holiday before we hit san fran & vegas...

Travel agent was the person that advised us not to stay in LA.

Cant remember the price or spending money but can look into it if you want.

Onion Bag

Ball Park, cornerback, roughly how much are you talking?