I'll back myself in public
16 (61.5%)
please stop picking on me
3 (11.5%)
you'll never use a keyboard again
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

brokencrossbar1

Passedit, you're an awful lick arse so you are, "oh mods look at me, saving you time" :P You would expect nothing else from a Down hoor!  Make the Moderators earn their crust is what I say!  It is too long since we had a proper barney on the board, not the silly your da's bigger than mine.  We used had reason, clutured debates than once in a while, whne the drink was in, burst out onto the streets and shirts were ripped off.  But shure after the pucking we all hugged and claimed "jeez, you're some boy, thon was a fair auld scrap".  Too many take it too serious on here and if they have delved into the depths of the internet to find solace then they are to be pitied rather than anything else. 

Now away with the lot of ye, tis half past the hour of 4 and there are alshes of pints to be consumed in Biddy Mulligan's or where ever it is that you wet your tongues!  C'mon Cross!

his holiness nb

A question for Mods, if you arent around when a personally abusive post is put up, and its repeated before you get to it, do you still just go on to the first warning?

Seems a bit odd that people might breach the rules twice and get a warning, while someone else who does the same while mods are around, will get a ban.

Can you clarify that please?

Everyone can see if the mods are online or not, so that could let people squeeze in multiple rule breaks and only get punished for one.
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Holiness - I don't have the answer, but there's a hint in your own signature.  :)

Puckoon

Quote from: passedit on February 22, 2008, 09:21:49 AM
QuoteThis thread, albeit another interesting sociological experiment by passedit Grin, is subject to the same rules and regulations as every other thread. Personal abuse or insults, Rule 9 warnings, etc etc, all *still* apply in here, and any rule breaches in here will be treated as if they were in any other thread.

I do my best mod. ;)  I already consider this thread a success with the Rapprochement of 5times and Puckoon but I'll continue to strive for world peace.

To continue the well worn analogy of the virtual pub, the aggrieved poster can come here to shout 'oi did you call my pint a woman'***, to which the object of their ire could respond with' I'm sorry old chap, i was merely remarking on your educated choice of ale'. All friends again. Or if it turns nasty other posters can join in with a few ' Leave him Kev he's not worth it' s. Problem sorted. Either way Mod3 gets more quality time eating out with the family, everyone's a winner.

*** Disclaimer.....this is a well worn fight starting tactic where i come from and any resemblance to any person living, dead or virtual is purely coincidental.

Cheers passedit - it was just what I was looking for off a Thursday evening. :-\

his holiness nb

:D :D :D :D :D

Honest question though.  It could leave someone posting abuse repeatedly for hours and only having a warning to worry about.

There was an incident where I was abused twice yesterday by a poster, said the same thing on both posts, and the warning were as if it were one offence.

I dont for a second want to suggest the guy get in any more trouble, just that people may take advantage of this "glitch" in the disciplinary system.
Ask me holy bollix

passedit

QuotePassedit, you're an awful lick arse so you are, "oh mods look at me, saving you time" Tongue You would expect nothing else from a Down hoor!

Aye BC that'd be me alright, I'd say Mod3 is afraid to step back for fear of falling over me. 

I'm deeply insulted and there are multiple rule infractions in that post so i'm afraid i've no choice but to report. My hands are tied, rules are rules afterall.

Ye arma barsteward
Don't Panic

passedit

Don't Panic

passedit

Don't Panic

brokencrossbar1

3 strikes, you're out of here!!!!!!!!

Have you a speech impediement running down your fingers or something? 

passedit

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 22, 2008, 05:22:21 PM
3 strikes, you're out of here!!!!!!!!

Have you a speech impediement running down your fingers or something? 

See his humourless' post.  ;D
Don't Panic

pintsofguinness

QuoteSay i was to report Mike Sheehy2 to the mods, i would then come on this thread and state his being from Kerry as a valid reason.
Equally if i was to report him and stayed schtum he could post here that he had been reprimanded and invite his accuser to make his identity and reasoning public. then everyone could throw in their tuppence worth and maybe settle a few scores without getting banned etc etc.

I reported two posts on the "Eduardo's leg" thread because it's boring, predictable personal abuse.  It's hardly worthwhile as if they do get warned another account will just be set up tomorrow but the only other options are to respond and get a warning myself or set up a second account for myself and abuse them back but I can't be bothered wth that.     
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bar None

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 22, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Honest question though.  It could leave someone posting abuse repeatedly for hours and only having a warning to worry about.

There was an incident where I was abused twice yesterday by a poster, said the same thing on both posts, and the warning were as if it were one offence.

I dont for a second want to suggest the guy get in any more trouble, just that people may take advantage of this "glitch" in the disciplinary system.

::) ::) ::) ::)

pintsofguinness

Maybe the mods should ban those that have been banned, how many time before?, I've lost count.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I must say I've great difficulty with this reporting business. I've only ever reported someone once and that was Aristotle Flynn when he sent me a PM accusing me of using the internet to 'groom young people'  Mind you the Mods took no action that I'm aware of. Even in the height of my shamozzle with 5times, to whom I've apologised on at least 2 occasions for my part in that incident although he has never responded to accept this, I never felt any need to report him. Now we have people being reported for the simplest of things such as posting on the wrong thread. I really think some people need to take a look at themselves and take a chill pill. God almighty there's more to life. Like Pints you made a number of accusations about my friend Lecale2, all of which were totally incorrect. Despite this he never reported you. I'm very disappointed that you never apologised to him for that

pintsofguinness

QuoteNow we have people being reported for the simplest of things such as posting on the wrong thread.

Who's doing this and how do you know?

Like Pints you made a number of accusations about my friend Lecale2, all of which were totally incorrect. Despite this he never reported you. I'm very disappointed that you never apologised to him for that
I broke no rules and the mods where posting on the thread so there wasn't exactly much to report.
I'm not apologising for something when I'm right.

I don't like reporting either, I'd much rather it the old way where (apart from extreme cases) you stood up for yourself (though I understand the need for the rules) however I'm not sitting taking shite from something with apparently only 4 posts when I can't respond.