Partying in Newcastle

Started by illdecide, February 12, 2008, 04:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: bingobus on July 01, 2009, 10:11:43 AM
Quote from: stiffler on June 30, 2009, 05:49:49 PM
In newcastle myself this weekend, anyone recommend any good bars to slug in Friday during the day?

During the day we drank in a pub called the Beehive in the city centre, in Grassmarket. A real old style pub, good mix of locals and visitors and a good atmosphere in it. Drink very cheap as well. Its by no means an upmarket type of pub, more a rough and ready local with very friendly staff and locals.

An absolute sh1thole, although it's been a few years since I was in it but I can't imagine it's changed. I remember it sold pints for 1 quid from 2 to 6 during the week, some absolute victims around it. Also it's in BiggMarket  ;)

bingobus

Quote from: thebigfella on July 01, 2009, 10:37:09 AM
In newcastle myself this weekend, anyone recommend any good bars to slug in Friday during the day?

During the day we drank in a pub called the Beehive in the city centre, in Grassmarket. A real old style pub, good mix of locals and visitors and a good atmosphere in it. Drink very cheap as well. Its by no means an upmarket type of pub, more a rough and ready local with very friendly staff and locals.

An absolute sh1thole, although it's been a few years since I was in it but I can't imagine it's changed. I remember it sold pints for 1 quid from 2 to 6 during the week, some absolute victims around it. Also it's in BiggMarket  ;)

Yes, the Biggmarket, wrong city!!
It could be described as a shithole I suppose but we had a serious day's craic in it and it was full all day. Some "characters" about it for a group of lads on the beer it was far better any any other spots we where in during the day. After 6pm the place will come to life and there'll be lots of places to go.

stiffler

Quote from: bingobus on July 01, 2009, 11:12:13 AM

It could be described as a shithole I suppose but we had a serious day's craic in it and it was full all day. Some "characters" about it for a group of lads on the beer it was far better any any other spots we where in during the day. After 6pm the place will come to life and there'll be lots of places to go.

Good man, that sounds like the spot all right, i think its down at the bottom of the bigg market?

Arrive in Newcastle about half 10 so it could be a messy day!

T O hare- i dont want any silly songs out of you this weekend  :P
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bingobus

Quote from: stiffler on July 01, 2009, 02:58:34 PM
Quote from: bingobus on July 01, 2009, 11:12:13 AM

Good man, that sounds like the spot all right, i think its down at the bottom of the bigg market?

Arrive in Newcastle about half 10 so it could be a messy day!

T O hare- i dont want any silly songs out of you this weekend  :P

Thats the spot, its at the corner of the square, Ladbrokes beside it. Rough and ready but a good boozer. You'll get used to the smell of pish after a few pints!

Tony Baloney

Buffalo Joes is closed according to their website. What is an adequate substitution?

bingobus

Sam Jacks could be a similar type of spot.

But you'll not fail in finding a busy spot.

stiffler

Heading over this weekend on a stag.

Anyone know of any early openers in the city centre?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: stiffler on July 08, 2010, 07:26:17 PM

How early?

stiffler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 08, 2010, 07:32:05 PM

How early?

anything after 10am

illdecide

Quote from: stiffler on July 08, 2010, 07:49:32 PM

How early?

anything after 10am

Yes the irish bar facing the train station should get you an early pint sir
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Two Hands FFS

lloyds maybe?

Minder

I thought Newcastle was good but didn't quite live up to the hype. Not much different to any other big English town as regards nightlife and if you are with a crowd of mates you will have a good time no matter where you go.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on July 09, 2010, 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: stiffler on July 08, 2010, 07:49:32 PM

How early?

anything after 10am

Yes the irish bar facing the train station should get you an early pint sir
O'Neills.

You could do like the Donegal fellas on our plane and sit skulling pints in Newcastle airport bar when you land! Strange.

I think we spent most of the morning and early afternoon in a boozer called The Akenside or something below the Tyne Bridge on Quayside.

The Worker

anyone recommend anywhere to stay in newcastle close to the city centre?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: The Worker on October 16, 2010, 09:25:59 PM
anyone recommend anywhere to stay in newcastle close to the city centre?

I stayed in a Premier Inn. I think it's on Newbridge St. It's grand if you're over for a game or a stag.