Partying in Newcastle

Started by illdecide, February 12, 2008, 04:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Lads there are a number of guys (around 30) going to Newcastle (England) next weekend for a stag doo, can you's name a few Bars/Nightclubs to go too and the ones to avoid!!! and any other attractions that should get a visit??? (and hopefully the local cop shop is not one of them :D :D)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Leo

The Anchor near Donard Park for decent pint, Quinns in Main Street for music, O'Hare's down the Promenade for the fight .... oh, not that Newcastle?
Fierce tame altogether

Rav67

Right opposite Central Station there's an O'Neills- its pretty busy all day Friday and Saturday.

Osbourne's Bar on the Osbourne road- its a good spot and has dirt cheap drink, happy hour is on 5.30-7.30 and its open to 11 I think.

Mushroom Bar after that is open to 1.30 its got good offers on to.

If you're heading onto a club, try Buffalo Joes (good on a Saturday night anyway), Perdu, Liquid or somewhere down the Gate(its like Newcastle's version of the Odyssey in Belfast, a few places there).

full back

If you are looking for an early house the Beehive is your spot, think its around Bigg Market - but you have to clean your shoes on the way out...

The Real Laoislad

Newcastle is a great spot,Or as the Dubs would say its a bleedin deadly buzz man....
The Sports Bar in The Gate is a good spot also there is a place called Buffalo Joes which is a decent spot
Another good place to go is a venue called For your eyes only....Ill leave it up to your imagination what that venue is about.. ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

southdown

Buffalo Joes is quality.  Do not go near the big nightclub on the ship on the river, full of teenagers off their heads on drugs.  For your eyes only isnt too bad either ;D

Shortso79

Sam Jacks is a great pub - recommend it

Surreal Steve

get yourself to a st james park for a goal fest

illdecide

Quote from: Surreal Steve on February 13, 2008, 12:04:12 AM
get yourself to a st james park for a goal fest

don't worry about that chief there is 11 tickets floating about in our group and i've my name on one of them C'mon UTD (not telling which UTD)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Onion Bag

Buffalo Joes, Jasus the talent and the beer! ;D
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

downredblack

Down round the ground there are loads of all you can eat for a 5iver Chinese restaurants , Get a good lining before a night on the "dog" ( Newkie brown )

Candyman

Check out Blue Velvet.... Classy spot!!!  ;)

off the laces

Theirs a place just down from the gate called FEVER not to bad a place either loose women about!!!
Keeps 'er' straight

Hoof Hearted

Buffalo Joes - Yes, do you remember the film Coyote Ugly, a wee bit like that where a few lovely ladies get up on the bar and dance !!
Class !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ardal

Couple of good spots down by the quays also. I vaguely remember one of them being called the cooperage (or something similar). In my day, if you drank the board there, you drank free the rest of the night; don't remember anyone managing it though