The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Rufus what did you think of the ref on sunday?? and was it true that it was Donal Murtagh's brother??
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: illdecide on April 23, 2007, 02:04:50 PM
Rufus what did you think of the ref on sunday?? and was it true that it was Donal Murtagh's brother??

Don't know if the ref was Donal Murtagh's brother or not, but I thought the ref did a fair enough job. He called it as he saw it, even if that included someone pulling a jersey 60 yards off the ball, in front of the nets. He also appeared to be strict on back chat, which I personally would like to see referrees clamp down on. Maybe he did not keep up with play as much, but I thought he did well. 

Spiritof98

Benny is there a B game tomorrow night?
I'll go back if Marsdens back

illdecide

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 23, 2007, 08:06:49 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 23, 2007, 02:04:50 PM

Don't know if the ref was Donal Murtagh's brother or not, but I thought the ref did a fair enough job. He called it as he saw it, even if that included someone pulling a jersey 60 yards off the ball, in front of the nets. He also appeared to be strict on back chat, which I personally would like to see referrees clamp down on. Maybe he did not keep up with play as much, but I thought he did well. 

No, i didn't mean that he was robbing any team in particular. He was fair enough, i just thought he blew up a bit to much over we petty things. and yes spot on for the slabbering bit. Austie deserved all he got, it wasn't a bad game. well done.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Na Clairsigh

wats the story with the B game this week.  Thought we had a bye but down in the paper that we play Cladai on Thur.  Can anyone shed any light on this??

bennydorano

B game v Clady defintely on Thursday night under lights at 8.30pm(due to the U-16's having to reverse an away fixture with keady@7pm).  Spread the word.

Goats Do Shave

Are Clady playing 2 nights on the trot?  ???

gander

Whats the story with Peadar Toal these days?  Will he be fit for the Donegal match?

Rufus T Firefly

Congratulations to the Saint Catherines Under 16 team who were crowned All Ireland Under 16 C Champions after their victory over Ballinamore of Leitrim this week - special mention if I may to the eleven members of the squad from the Harps!!  8)

http://www.stcatherinesarmagh.com/index.cfm/page/news/news_key/184

Candyman

Correcto Rufus!! At least there's 1 good footballer in our house.... :P
Congratulations St. Catherines....

sitdown

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: sitdown on April 26, 2007, 08:50:24 PM
Are harps away to cross on Sunday

El correcto - 2.00pm throw in.

B Team beat Clady by a point tonight - 1-10 to 3-3 - a late point sealing the victory! Hopefully get a report up from Bennydorano!  ;)

bennydorano

Here u go rufus

B Notes

In their second game of the season Harps entertained Clady under the floodlights in Abbey Park on Thursday night.  As Clady travelled with a depleted squad the game was played with 13-a-side.  Clady certainly used the extra space created by the smaller numbers to good effect scoring 3 points in the opening 10 minutes before Harp’s registered their first score through Stephen McAneaney.  Damien McShane quickly added a second after his initial goalbound effort was well saved.  Harps scored 3 more points through the excellent Matt Cartmill (2) and another from McAneaney to lead 0-5 to 0-3 after 20 minutes. Clady, playing some excellent football, responded well and after some heavy pressure and some poor Harps defending scored 2 quickfire goals to leave the half time score 2-3 to 0-5 in favour of Clady. 

The Harps started the second half with greater purpose and energy and quickly added 3 points from play from Gareth Richards, Matt Cartmill and Damien McShane to leave only 1 between the teams.  The Harps then had a period of sustained pressure that yielded nothing but several wides and numerous balls dropped short into the Clady keeper’s arms. Clady, sensing the let-off, broke up field and scored a goal to go 4 points in front entering the final 10 minutes.  The Harps regrouped from this sucker punch and once again showed great fighting spirit; a Stephen McAneaney point and then a Matt Cartmill goal levelled matters entering injury time.  Refusing to accept a draw, Harps pushed on and Darren Ward hit the winning point to leave the final score: Harps 1-10 Clady 3-3

Harps: Aidan Clifford, Jamie Black, Jim Marley, Patrick Wilson, Neil McArdle, Mickey Kelly, Gareth Richards (0-1), Stephen McAneaney (0-3), Matt Cartmill (1-3), Darren Ward (0-1), Paul Hagan, Sean Daly, Damien McShane (0-2).  Niall Clifford, Declan Morris, Mark Lennon.

An excellent team performance form a severely understrength team, best for Harps were Jamie Black, Patrick Wilson, Stephen McAneaney, Matt Cartmill & Damien McShane.

Next game up is the championship at home to Granemore on Wednesday 2nd May at 7pm.  All players to assemble for 6.15pm.

rootthemout

good win benny by the b team.Can't believe i see rufus promoting keady on the board,has there been another tranfer? ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: rootthemout on April 27, 2007, 12:55:02 PM
good win benny by the b team.Can't believe i see rufus promoting keady on the board,has there been another tranfer? ;D

It's true - I just think the committee are out of touch with my needs!!   ;D