Free State Government grant to Orange Order

Started by T Fearon, February 07, 2008, 11:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: GweylTah on February 09, 2008, 06:46:17 PM
Next question?

Insread of sarcastic insults, why not check yor facts?

The Dublin Government treats churches as charities, so they are largely tax-exempt.

"Religious" schools are also very heavily subsidised by the State, many have been built with public money and much of their running costs paid for out of tax.

All of these institutions are sectarian in the true sense of the word.

If they are funded by public money, then there's no reason why the Orange order shouldn't be - plenty of taxpayers to the State are Orangemen and Orangewomen, aren't they reflected in the flag and doesn't this indicate as they are a welcome minority and cherished as children of the Nation?

Aye dead on, the schools are sectarian in every sense of the word! you really do spout some shite gwayltah.

isnt it well for the protestants in the south that are in the orange order, they get to belong to a bigotted organization and they get to be represented in the fleg as well as have their bitter organization get finances from the govt.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: GweylTah on February 09, 2008, 11:17:42 PM
"We are born into a church".

Very illuminating that, in 2008, you think in such a way .... and your poor attempts at pedantry don't cut it either.

I don't think the Orange in the national flag is supposed to only be those members of the Protestant population who have been becalmed.

Or is it?

???

Answer my questions please, and less of the smoke screening, bigot.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

Quote from: Gnevin on February 08, 2008, 11:11:22 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 08, 2008, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on February 08, 2008, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 08, 2008, 03:20:42 PM
Isreal didn't exist for many years but still refered to as Isreal by many. My da still talks about meeting someone at Guy's entry even though Guy's entry has been the Spar shop for about 10years. Unionists use they name 'Ulster' for OWC and we all know what they are talking about. Many say Ireland when they are talking about the Republic of Ireland (evident in the Ireland v Brazil tread).Tomato - Tomato.
No its Tomato - Politicize ,red skinned fruit while us true veg remained loyal to the cause and didn't sell out   :o

Sorry Gnevin but I don't understand that? So a tomato is a fruit but you are a veg, am I right?
us meaning people  like fearon , sell out meaning the treaty .Was also going for the whole tomato fruit or veg angle .....  awe forgot it .

This level of imagery is wasted on you lot . I think I'll just email it too Seamus Heaney, he'll appreciate my genius
;D ;D

Dammit Gnevin. If you want to get involved in a debate with me the least you could do is lower yourself to my level or there will be no debate at all. If you keep posting smart stuff it will turn from debate to you making a comment and leaving me with an inferior complex and unable to respond. Have a heart is all i'm saying. >:(

GweylTah

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2008, 02:37:58 AM

Very illuminating that, in 2008, you think in such a way .... and your poor attempts at pedantry don't cut it either.

I don't think the Orange in the national flag is supposed to only be those members of the Protestant population who have been becalmed.

Or is it?

???

I have pointed out the stark inaccuracy of your comments, you take a tantrum and hurl a reckless insult at me - and accuse ME of a smoke-screen.

You're a right one you are!

If the churches and their schools on this island are entitled to grants, tax ememption, contribution to capital costs and nearly 100% running costs in some cases, for 'sectarian' worship and education, then why not the Orange Order (and the like)?

Sorry if it's a difficult or awkward question for you, but there you go.

Zapatista

Schools are an essential part of society. The contribution schools make to the well being of community's and the country as a whole are unmeasurable.No school is merely political and religious institution unlike the OO.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: GweylTah on February 10, 2008, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2008, 02:37:58 AM

Or is it?

???

I have pointed out the stark inaccuracy of your comments, you take a tantrum and hurl a reckless insult at me - and accuse ME of a smoke-screen.

You're a right one you are!

If the churches and their schools on this island are entitled to grants, tax ememption, contribution to capital costs and nearly 100% running costs in some cases, for 'sectarian' worship and education, then why not the Orange Order (and the like)?

Sorry if it's a difficult or awkward question for you, but there you go.

As I have clearly stated before, no organistations that discriminate on any basis should be eligible for any kind of financial assisance from the public purse, none. Regardless of what currently exists for the Churches, and any assistance they receive is there by dint of those same Churches performing a valuable societal function such as teaching, which cannot in any way equate with the functioning of the Orange Order, except in eyes of a bigot, such as yourself, who is blind to the poison you so closely espouse.

Regardess, multiple wrongs will not a right make. The Orange Order is a supremacist, discriminatory, bigoted organisation that has no place in Ireland, or anywhere else, in 2008 in its current incarnation. That this Irish government sees fit to finance its very clear sectarianism lends legitimacy to a malignant and pernicious presence on the Irish landscape.

And you have not pointed out any inaccuracy in my comments, you have only paraded your own ingrained ignorance.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...