Celebrity Bainnisteor

Started by Barney, February 06, 2008, 08:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

John Quane would be a well known lad too. He played Centre Field for Limerick for a good few years. Always gave Darragh O'Sé his bellyful of it too. Sorry to see them go out (Galtee Gaels) but it's interesting to see the effect the GAA lads are having on the old battleaxe. She almost seems human, and when she was closing her eyes singing Amhrán na bhFiann, holding one of the lads hands, she looked like she was really into it.

Of course, as she admitted herselve, she came into it with a gender-politics agenda, but she seems to have been mightily impressed by the lads decency.

thejuice

When I heard about this a few weeks ago I was thinking, oh Jesus, but saw it last night, was in stiches. Great stuff, dont know if I could take Jon Kenny serious as a coach, sounds like he could have been on stage. good show.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Was looking to watch this online but I keep getting all that "Access restricted" crap from RTE. Does anyone know a way round this for the folk's in the 6 Counties?

Louth Exile

Last night was the perfect example of how the celebs make no difference at all and it is the better team that wins and it is as simple as that. John Kenny was clearly a far better coach than Nell and I really wanted to see the Limerick lads win, but the class shone through in the extra time. Derry clearly had one of their managment team togged out as a "player" not chance, the lad was older than Stephen Melia and was doing all the talking, as well as making all the decisions we can safely assume
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

stevo-08

I just cant stand that Nell McCafferty one but thought it was hilarious watching her poke the lads with her crutch saying "Bib, Bib, Bib..." And then in total bewilderment "Jaysus Brian, you're going to have to show me what a hop is". And then McEniff showing her like she was a 6yr old.  :D :D

Was hoping the limerick lads would win, it's just asking to much to watch nell yahooing on the sideline like a scaulded cat.... But it's probably just aswell Derry won, Nell wouldnt have let them near the sangwidges if they lost!!!

toiletroller

i think thats yer man Gabriel Mc Guiness. He could well still be playin.

Louth Exile

Quote from: toiletroller on April 14, 2008, 12:44:26 PM
i think thats yer man Gabriel Mc Guiness. He could well still be playin.

Yer man doing all the talking in the Derry dressing room???
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Jinxy

Quote from: Louth Exile on April 14, 2008, 12:36:31 PM
Last night was the perfect example of how the celebs make no difference at all and it is the better team that wins and it is as simple as that. John Kenny was clearly a far better coach than Nell and I really wanted to see the Limerick lads win, but the class shone through in the extra time. Derry clearly had one of their managment team togged out as a "player" not chance, the lad was older than Stephen Melia and was doing all the talking, as well as making all the decisions we can safely assume

It was a nice little speech she gave in the dressing room beforehand in fairness to her. A pleasant change from the usual roaring and lepping before a game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

wherefromreferee?

With the Dublin v Meath schmozzle dominating yesterdays thoughts, I totally forgot to tune into this - how'd it go last night??
In your Endo!

Louth Exile

The beautifull Rose and her boys from Kiltimagh had a win over the former Minister and his Weford lads with a last gasp goal  :o

AZOffaly

I was disappointed in her to be honest. I know she's supposed to be a lovely girl, but she didn't come across that well, or even that interested. Still glad she beat the Fine Gael bookie though :D

sail_in

Lads,

Can someone help me out here?

Am I right in thinking that Sunday night's programme (6.30pm) the first time we see the new show, and if so, is it repeated at any stage?

I missed the Rose on Sunday night as it turns out that the fact that the manger would miss an important TV programme isn't a good enough reason to get an U14 Feile game called off!  >:(

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: sail_in on April 22, 2008, 08:54:49 AM
Lads,

Can someone help me out here?

Am I right in thinking that Sunday night's programme (6.30pm) the first time we see the new show, and if so, is it repeated at any stage?

I missed the Rose on Sunday night as it turns out that the fact that the manger would miss an important TV programme isn't a good enough reason to get an U14 Feile game called off!  >:(

It's online here, repeated on Saturdays I think around 5 or 6...

http://www.rte.ie/tv/celebritybainisteoir/ep4.html
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

bcarrier

Thoughts...

Have mayfield any ringers ?

Mayobridge could win this.

Jinxy

Wouldn't have had Marty Whelan down as the Tai Chi and relaxing strolls on the beach type. Seems to have got into the spirit of things well though. Felt sorry for poor oul Nell after the match. Anyone heading along to the final in Parnell Park on Friday? It's free in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.