Celebrity Bainnisteor

Started by Barney, February 06, 2008, 08:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

It's good craic, but sure it's all hammed up for the cameras. All that roaring and shouting from the Mayfield lads before the game, breaking the table and all. Load of shite. It's a pre-season celebrity tournament. They were playing it up for the cameras, end of story.

I thought Kean's ploy of getting them away to a hotel and having Stachan and Given talk to them, as well as the suits, was a nice touch, and probably appreciated by the players because it makes them feel looked after, but Dave Barry's comments are 100% on.

As for the Dublin wan, I couldn't listen to her. She's 'easy on the eye' as Tommy Lyon's said, but how could you listen to her on the pitch? 'No kicking, when you get through do one of these (punch) over the thing, because there's no thing'. Whatever the feck that means Glenda, nice rig out though :)

cnoc16

Ah i was on the Crumlin team for the show and she ain't that bad at all, she is a sound girl and she ain't stuck up at all, as I had expected, she wouldn't be too effective as a manager and picking a team and it was an experienced player on the line making decisions, being communicated to him by the real selectors of the team.

Very worthwhile experience and it has brought a bit of excitement to the club, pity were out. ha

Jinxy

Yer man getting put off killed ye by the looks of it on TV. I'd say he was fairly disgusted with himself. Had heard from a friend of a friend that Glenda was a good egg alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

his holiness nb

I'd have imagined most non Dubs would root for the Cork team in this one. But yer man Keane is an awful gobshite so maybe not.

Fair play cnoc, best laugh so far was when ye were welcoming Glenda on last weeks show!

Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

I hope you are not that poor young lad that looked like he was totally in love with Glenda. I'd imagine he was heartbroken after it was over :D

Jinxy

The Crumlin boys seemed like a good bunch of lads. I was actually quite disappointed for them. No team should have home advantage anyway.

tintin25

What about the wee corner forward on the Mayfield team?  :D You just knew he was gonna be brought on!

Shamrock Shore

Oh Jazes no Holiness. I was hoping the Crumlin lads would bate 12 bales of shite out of that Cork shower. I am sure most of the Cork lads are fine but 'Keano' sickens my ring so it was 'Crumblin' all the way for me.

I see that other Gobshite, the Sindo's Barry Ego, was there in the crowd. God sometimes has a wicked sense of humour. Ego is walking proof.

cnoc16

Ah yeah one of the lads is in love with her, and sickens me to say there is a bit of both ways in it I believe, but they are keeping fairly quiet.

In fairness she has been in the club 2 or 3 times since it was on.

Here we are giving our corner back some stick about little podgie roasting him, haha :D :D :D

I wouldn't say losing the man killed the game for us, but it made a difference, they were better than us plain and simple despite what some of our players continue to say, they had a good game plan, we didn't.

AZOffaly

QuoteAh yeah one of the lads is in love with her, and sickens me to say there is a bit of both ways in it I believe, but they are keeping fairly quiet.

God Jaysus. That's some recalibration. Captain of the Irish Rugby team to intermediate club player from Crumlin. Fair play to them :D

QuoteI wouldn't say losing the man killed the game for us, but it made a difference, they were better than us plain and simple despite what some of our players continue to say, they had a good game plan, we didn't.

Ah here, that's not fair, slagging off poor Glenda. I distinctly heard her telling ye to , you know, enjoy this. Ye know what to do. If ye had just did the thing and put the thing over the  thing ye'd have won :D

Shamrock Shore

Good man AZ  :D

I'd say the big full forward captain lad is the one cnoc16 may be referring to. She, loike, made him captain after all!

Jinxy

The thing is, Crumlin lost because they didn't have enough of the thing to kick it over the thing as many times as the other shower of things did.

GalwayBayBoy

I actually though Gerald Keane didn't come off too badly from it although when I saw that ringpiece Barry Egan at the game I was tempted to change my mind.

Was laughing away when he was giving the half-time teamtalk while stuffing his face with Jaffa cakes. ;D

thebandit

I met Aoibheann Ni Shuileabhain out in Cork on Saturday night, I wonder was she down in connection with the show? She was good oul craic

Jinxy

Yeah Kiltimagh were playing Mayfield.