Celebrity Bainnisteor

Started by Barney, February 06, 2008, 08:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roseyland

Quote from: Jinxy on March 31, 2008, 04:03:18 PM
Not up on RTE.ie yet but I'd say it'll be repeated at some stage during the week. I honestly think it works very well (although I'd get rid of Mary O'Rourke and that other dude who nobody has ever heard of).

Mary O'Rourke is gone, not sure why, Marty Whelan has replaced her at the Helm of the Mighty Maryland.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Roseyland on March 31, 2008, 07:02:15 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 31, 2008, 04:03:18 PM
Not up on RTE.ie yet but I'd say it'll be repeated at some stage during the week. I honestly think it works very well (although I'd get rid of Mary O'Rourke and that other dude who nobody has ever heard of).

Mary O'Rourke is gone, not sure why, Marty Whelan has replaced her at the Helm of the Mighty Maryland.

Groan, bring back Mary  :-[
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rav67

To the important question, has to be Glenda.

Could RTE not have managed to actually get recognisable faces for this?  Had to laugh when I think it was your boy "Baz" whoever the feck he is taking the Wicklow side, a crowd of young ones had gathered outside waiting to cheer wildly for the "celebrity" when they showed up, but not a sinner had a clue who he was.  You could almost see the tumbleweed bouncing past the clubrooms.  :D

imtommygunn

I thought it looked very good craic.

When your woman Aoibhinn said "will I need a pair of football boots" one of the boys replies "you'll need a pair of shorts anyway" - classic stuff.

The ex politician guy didn't come across as much craic - came across as a shrewd boy though.

Aoibhinn all the way but wouldn't kick the other one out of bed for farting...

mattockranger

ideal world most famous people as celebrity bainisteor!

ULSTER :
Derry-
Tyrone-
Armagh-
Antrim- Gerry Adams
Donegal-
Cavan-
Monaghan-
Down-
Fermanagh-Fr Brian :D

LEINSTER :
Dublin-Gabriel Byrne
Louth-
Meath-Pierce Brosnan
Laois- Darina Allen ;D
Wicklow-Daniel Day lewis
Westmeath- Michael o'Leary
Kildare- Christy Moore
Wexford-Kevin Doyle
Carlow-
Kilkenny-
Longford-
Offaly-

MUNSTER:
Kerry-
Cork- ROY Keane :o
Limerick-
Tipp-
Clare-
Waterford-

Connacht
Galway-
Mayo-
Roscommon-
Sligo- Neil Jordan
Leitrim-

theres a few of the top of my head

will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

AZOffaly

Offaly - Brian Cowen without a doubt. An ex Offaly under 21, full forward on a team with Matt Connor.

Louth Exile

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2008, 10:38:34 AM
Offaly - Brian Cowen without a doubt. An ex Offaly under 21, full forward on a team with Matt Connor.

I heard then mention this on newstalk last night and was wondering about the truth in it, given that they supposedly lost to Kilkenny. Matt himself would beat Kilkenny surely
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Louth Exile on April 03, 2008, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2008, 10:38:34 AM

I heard then mention this on newstalk last night and was wondering about the truth in it, given that they supposedly lost to Kilkenny. Matt himself would beat Kilkenny surely
Apparently Matt was playing them by himself alright but got sent off with 5 mins to go and KK kicked 2 points in injury time to win by the minimum  :P

hectorsheroes

Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain - ALL DAY LONG!

Louth Exile

Crumlin facing a hefty fine from the GAA for wearing of non regulation kit by Glenda!!

You can't say it didn't mean anything to players anyway!! All in melee and two straight red cards  :o

Louth should be in it next year, I have two ideal Intermediate teams for the challenge.....
The Joes - managed by local comedian Pat Mc Donald (aka Eoin Mc Love in Fr Ted, the one with no willy and also off naked camera) He fits the bill in terms of not having a clue about football anyway!!
The other suggestion is more interesting......
Clan na Gael - managed by former clubman Stephen Staunton. Only problem here is that he is a former gaelic player, although his detractors would say that he doesn't know much about management!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

magpie seanie

Yer man Kean is an awful tool.

Jinxy

I hope the cheesy commentary by Micheál isn't going to be a regular feature.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteYer man Kean is an awful tool

Jazes Seanie - are you only realising this now? Him and his freckin Jaffa cakes.

Despite my usual cynicism in these sort of programs I am actually enjoying this.

Had to laugh at the Cork tools wrecking the table of scran before the game. Gobshites.

Glenda has gone up in my estimation - Kean was already at absolute zero in my books so he can go no further

(serious lack of 'effs and blinds' which is worrying - but I spose it is on at 18.30)

Jinxy

After watching the histrionics of the Mayfield lads before the game I hope they get hockeyed the next day. Caveman stuff. ::)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 06, 2008, 11:01:59 PM
QuoteYer man Kean is an awful tool

Jazes Seanie - are you only realising this now? Him and his freckin Jaffa cakes.

Despite my usual cynicism in these sort of programs I am actually enjoying this.

Had to laugh at the Cork tools wrecking the table of scran before the game. Gobshites.

Glenda has gone up in my estimation - Kean was already at absolute zero in my books so he can go no further

(serious lack of 'effs and blinds' which is worrying - but I spose it is on at 18.30)

Thought the very same myself.  Complete tools.  Pity we won't get a chance til see Glenda along the sideline again.  ;)
In your Endo!