Armagh V Cavan

Started by Travis T O Justice, February 01, 2008, 02:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Was Martin O Rourke auditioning for the World Diving Championships yesterday? Some Performance if thats the case,

as for the game, No Complaints,

If Armagh had taken their chances especially in the first half, It would have been an annihilation,

only about 6 or 7 of our lads playing will be there or there abouts in the summer, so i thought we competed well against a much stronger team.

Travis T O Justice

Have to agree with Mackers and one or two other posters here reagrding Cavan's fouling, it seemed to me to be blatanatly planned and excuted - I counted 3 or 4 yellow cards to Cavan - teh majority of which came from the Aussie Rules tackling they employed - soured the game for me.

On a lighter note, very impressed with the return of Clarke even in light of point blank misses - the thing to take from this is that he's in the right places at the right times and given the fact that he has been out of action at this level for so long he is deffinatley worth his salt - afew more games and drier ground and I beleive he will be back to his deadly form.

Enough been said about Tony Kernan so I ain't gona labour the point - brilliant debut and fair play to Donal Murtagh for releasing him and the brother.

All round smily faces really - roll on Westmeath!
"If it was easy any monkey could do it....go get me a monkey Barry".

mackers

Love that reply Altovito, nothing wrong with my eyesight, thanks for your concern. Johnstone turned him and another defender for one point in the second half, other than that he contained hum very well. So much so than as Donagh has stated earlier he spent a lot of the match "gurning" and in one instance ended up giving up ten yards on a free in frustration after Moriarty got the ball off him. The goal came from a snapshot from a rebound, hard to blame Moriarty on that one.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

thebandit

I was disappointed with Duffy yesterday, he was impressive on the ball alright, but his man did a lot of harm. AOR did ok, but was caught for pace on a few occasions imo. McKeever tightened things up well.

Abble

i watch the fella play and express my thoughts on his form here, I certainly wouldn't verbally abuse him and if I thought anyone near me in the crowd was at that lark i'd be rippin...i hate that oul sh1te...

it would be v rare i would be critical of any of the squad but it is glaringly obvious that stevie has not shown the form of old this good while, and when you have maybe 4 or 5 other decent lads sitting on the bench having to watch it, they might be starting to wonder about the whole thing and and this can then lead to some discontent among players....

it is only the first game of the national league however....so how the management can give stevie the 'shake' he needs we'll wait and see....but i can say when he is firing he is a joy to watch.

Tyrones own

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 04, 2008, 01:42:32 PM
Was Martin O Rourke auditioning for the World Diving Championships yesterday? Some Performance if thats the case,

as for the game, No Complaints,

If Armagh had taken their chances especially in the first half, It would have been an annihilation,

only about 6 or 7 of our lads playing will be there or there abouts in the summer, so i thought we competed well against a much stronger team.

Seriously lads, where are the diving police amongst the Armagh men to report on the
consistent antics of some on that team, especially O'Rourke and why oh why does Clarke automatically go to
ground once contact is made, the picture on the BBC website is typical of him imo
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

altovito

m orourke does go to ground easy in all games but it is workin for him + refs are giving the frees.yesterday was his best game for a long time the amount of break ball he won was unreal. bit ironic that a tyrone man is bringing up divin.hopefully the management will have the balls to make changes + take players off if they arnt playing well, no matter who they are

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteNot this crap again. I've yet to hear anyone actually verbally abuse him at a match (and I go to a lot of matches), despite what he thought he heard last year.

I've definately heard people calling him greedy at games. Personally I think its very unfair, my interpretation is that Stevie generally isn't greedy but that a lot of Armagh's other forwards (particularly the more inexperienced ones) constantly want him to take on the responsibility of shooting rather than having a go themselves.

As for the Kernans, when it comes to Stephen, one swallow doesn't make a summer. When you've had as many chances with Armagh as he's had, you're bound to play well eventually. Hopefully he can show this form on a regular basis and if he does, fair play to him.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mackers

Altovito was questioning my eyesight there but there must be something wrong with my hearing because I go to the vast majority of Armagh matches and not ONCE have I heard any abuse being shouted towards Stevie. I'm with AFS on this one and was very disappointed with Stevie going to the Irish News with this non-story last year. He went to the Irish News after the Louth game last year and everyone around me that day had said it proved what a class act he was that although he was having an off day he kept plugging away and got the match winning goal.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.