holidays this september

Started by youngfella, February 01, 2008, 01:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Hello,

I'm going to take my girlfriend, miss youngfella, on holidays in September as a present for her passing her masters. I would like to tap into the considerable knowledge of the  gaa board for some recommendation's. The location needs to be near the coast, sunny, have good restaurants and be cheap. I open the floor.

thanks
Pull hard and early

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

youngfella

I wish to avoid Greece and Turkey. Being both these and they treat women poorly
Pull hard and early

Bensars

2 weeks in mexico all inclusive.   £ 700  ceefax

Gnevin

Quote from: youngfella on February 01, 2008, 01:16:57 PM
Hello,

I'm going to take my girlfriend, miss youngfella, on holidays in September as a present for her passing her masters. I would like to tap into the considerable knowledge of the  gaa board for some recommendation's. The location needs to be near the coast, sunny, have good restaurants and be cheap. I open the floor.

thanks

Not going to keep the 1st/3rd Sunday free then  ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

youngfella

ooo for f**k forgot about the hurling.
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Pull hard and early

his holiness nb

Quote from: Bensars on February 01, 2008, 01:28:37 PM
2 weeks in mexico all inclusive.   £ 700  ceefax

Spot on there Bensars, many see these holidays as more expensive, but if you take the all inclusive (all drinks, snacks and meals) into consideration, its great value. Plus you have the wonderful carribbean sea.
Most hotels have 4-5 bars and restaurants so you dont feel restricted to one place, but if you go to Cancun allow yourself at least 2 outings.

Chitzen Itza (spelt arseways I'd say), one of the wonders of the world no more than 2 hour away, cant be missed.

Note - watch apocalypto before you go.

Secondly, Coco Bongos. I aint a fan of nightlcubs, but this place is unreal, as much of a "show" as a nightlcub. You can do it as part of the club hopping tours. About 40-50 us dollars each for entry into 4-5 clubs, ending up in Coco Bongos, with all drink included in the price!!

Also one great thing about Cancun that most other carribbean destinations have is that you can fly direct from Dublin as opposed to switching in London, Paris or Amsterdam. Only a few hours difference but generally the flight home is overnight so you will be in no form for hanging around an ariport for a few hours in the morning.
Ask me holy bollix

Billys Boots

QuoteChitzen Itza (spelt arseways I'd say), one of the wonders of the world no more than 2 hour away, cant be missed.

Best thing I've ever seen.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Blegard

Quote from: youngfella on February 01, 2008, 01:36:06 PM
have you got a link bensars?

Put on BBC and press text for Ceefax  :D

Recommend the dominican republic. get an all inclusive or just PAYG as its cheap. Beautiful place. 10 days is plenty though. Not sure what flights cost. otherwise bundoran all the way.
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

his holiness nb

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 01, 2008, 01:44:31 PM
QuoteChitzen Itza (spelt arseways I'd say), one of the wonders of the world no more than 2 hour away, cant be missed.

Best thing I've ever seen.

Something else allright. Amazing how they designed it to make the eagle noises from the echoes when you clap outside it.
Great stories around it too, wouldnt fancy their local ball game either.
The winning captain won the honour of getting sacrificed!!

Saw that two years ago then the Taj Mahaj last year. Wonderful experiences, but with his/her holiness jnr on the way this year it could be a while before I see any more!
Ask me holy bollix

Fluffy Che

Key West. 90 miles from Cuba, amazing (romantic) sunsets,  tropical weather and your good friend, the Yankee Dollar..
Midnight to Six..

Puckoon

Cancun is a great spot. If you are snorkelling off the isla mujeres and you find a wedding ring, mail it to me. :-\

Stay at the hilton. Swim up bar, beautiful views from the rooms.

youngfella

jesus lads, mexico looks lovely. Buts its a bit out of my league £600 person. was thinking more about a cheap ryanair/easyjet flight and i'll take care of the accodation. P.s. I really want to avoid brits, nothing spoils romance quiet like a naked 30 stone cockney on the beach
Pull hard and early

his holiness nb

Ah lads, he wants something cheap, I think we are getting carried away.

If money isnt a factor and you want pure quiet, beautiful seas and relaxation I'd go for the Malidives, with Antigua in second and St Lucia in third.

If its something less pricey I'd go for Cancun ahead of Dom Rep.

Ask me holy bollix