OWC Challenge - count the Kaflicks!

Started by Donagh, January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Could be a bit of fun for the OWC defenders over at Windsor Park and put an end to some of the more tiresome threads sustained by indefatigable windbag contributors on the Board. As I'm sure all genuine proponents of the six county soccer teams 'Football For All' publicity drive are aware, their next game coincides Ash Wednesday when all Catholics will be giving public witness to their repentance before God by having the cross of ash placed on their foreheads.

To be honest nobody really believes these assertions about your Kaflick mate who goes to all the games, so now you can even take photographs to prove that the GAWA army aren't the mono-cultural, bigoted, sectarian, white supremacists grouping as is often alleged in the student cafes and bars of downtown Belfast.

nifan

QuoteTo be honest nobody really believes these assertions about your Kaflick mate who goes to all the games

Fair enough, your call. Im sure he wont give a feck whether you believe in him or not

Donagh

Quote from: nifan on January 31, 2008, 02:08:38 PM
QuoteTo be honest nobody really believes these assertions about your Kaflick mate who goes to all the games

Fair enough, your call. Im sure he wont give a feck whether you believe in him or not

Ach go on nifan. You could use this thread to post all the phone pics of the 'Kaflicks' at the game next week - could be quite funny seeing all those Fenians having a good time in Windsor and would certainly get one over on Tony.

Fluffy Che

There'll be a guy at the gate with a sponge..
Midnight to Six..

nifan

Aye right enough, ill be going round the game snapping all the catholics there
thats what the games about for me

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Fluffy Che on January 31, 2008, 02:13:19 PM
There'll be a guy at the gate with a sponge..

Is that to give the Catholics a good oul scrub anyhow cos they are all doirty!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Donagh

Quote from: nifan on January 31, 2008, 02:17:04 PM

Maybe EG could do it then - from the amount of time he spend on here talking about such matter, the 'cultural' side to following the GAWA is the attractive bit.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM
To be honest nobody really believes these assertions

You may not believe it, but don't assume you speak for everyone, except (perhaps) those people like you and Fearon who appear to need to believe this sort of thing.  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

BallyhaiseMan

some on here are more obsessed with the Northern Ireland football team than the actual Northern Ireland fans themselves  :D

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2008, 02:20:18 PM
Quote from: nifan on January 31, 2008, 02:17:04 PM

Maybe EG could do it then - from the amount of time he spend on here talking about such matter, the 'cultural' side to following the GAWA is the attractive bit.

I, too, shall be concentrating on the game, but even if I weren't, I'm not sure I'd be able to recognise the Catholics in the crowd, anyway. Perhaps we should delegate the count to this chap, seeing as he is said to be a regular* attendee at NI games and he is undoubtedly better qualified to judge than me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Farquhar

* - Perhaps "faithful" would be a better description!  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Donagh

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 02:27:01 PM
Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM
To be honest nobody really believes these assertions

You may not believe it, but don't assume you speak for everyone, except (perhaps) those people like you and Fearon who appear to need to believe this sort of thing.  ::)

I believe you. Just thought I would lend a helping hand to FFA and give you an opportunity to capitalise on a gold plated PR opportunity. Tsk, try to help some people and this is what you get...

Mentalman

What about those snaky "lapsed" (destined for hell) Kaflicks?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Donagh

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 02:31:02 PM

I'm not sure I'd be able to recognise the Catholics in the crowd

You can't miss them - they'll be the ones with the big black cross on their foreheads!

nifan

Aye donagh, all catholics will have a black cross on their head come 8pm.

Most ones i know have them off about an hour after they get them

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Any true Catholic is supposed to keep theirs on until midnight.

The others are just doing it for show. . .
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"