OWC Challenge - count the Kaflicks!

Started by Donagh, January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2008, 02:33:46 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 02:31:02 PM

I'm not sure I'd be able to recognise the Catholics in the crowd

You can't miss them - they'll be the ones with the big black cross on their foreheads!

The only ones I'll be interested in will be the ones wearing the Emerald Green Shirts with the Celtic Cross badge on it, running around on the pitch. And even then it will only be for their passing and tackling etc - just like all their teammates.

That's the true spirit of "Football For All", not the sort of "Sectarian Headcount For All" which you seem to be obsessed with... ???
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

nifan

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on January 31, 2008, 02:36:40 PM
Any true Catholic is supposed to keep theirs on until midnight.

The others are just doing it for show. . .

Aye, they are supposed to, just like they are supposed to not have sex before marriage etc.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

It might be difficult to prove, in every case, if a Catholic, or indeed anyone, has had sex before their marriage. 

They may just be kidding.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

nifan

Depends if it was you who had sex with them :P

Chrisowc

tiresome threads sustained by indefatigable windbag contributors on the Board

If my profile message isn't the finest example of indefatigable windbagging on this board then I don't know what is ::)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

ziggysego

Quote from: Fluffy Che on January 31, 2008, 02:13:19 PM
There'll be a guy at the gate with a sponge..

No way, no self respecting Catholic would clean their ashes off.
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

this tread is a joke right? you'll know the catholics as they wont be carrying condoms, will have ashes on their heads, will have rosery beads with them, wont have had red meat so wont be found near the burger van and will spend the whole game talking about what they're going to do for lent  :P
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Evil Genius

This Catholic soccer fan may want it known that he might not be able to find it in his heart to go to Windsor on Ash Wednesday, though perhaps not for the reasons you might expect. As he explains in his local Fermanagh newspaper:

Wonderful fans deserve 'football for all' stadium

Long after the final whistle in Gran Canaria had sounded the death knell of Northern Ireland's Euro 2008 hopes, 4,000 green and white fans were still doing the "bouncey" and singing "We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland."

Among them were hundreds of fans from Fermanagh and the west of the Province. And among them were people of different backgrounds.

Sean McManus, a construction worker from Enniskillen, isn't your typical Northern Ireland fan. A former pupil at St. Joseph's College, Sean is living proof that not all fans are east Belfast loyalists!

Sean travels to most Northern Ireland away games, and in this campaign was in Latvia, Sweden, Lichtenstein and, of course, Spain last week – "Well, Northern Ireland is our country and I follow them through good times and bad."

To prove the point even further, Sean is an ardent follower of the pride of east Belfast, Glentoran, and has been one of the club's vice-presidents for five years now.

He explains: "I first started following the Glens when Jimmy Cleary was our captain; I remember him from Enniskillen. In September, I had the privilege of playing alongside Jimmy in Paul Leeman's testimonial."

Sean is Glentoran through and through and talks glowingly, for example, about the work the club does in setting up a football academy in Ghana.

In fact, he is such a fanatic that he doesn't like going to Windsor Park for Northern Ireland's home games.

"I do go to the home matches sometimes, but not all the time," says Sean. But not for the reasons one might think.

"Linfield are our great rivals and they get 15 per cent of the money for internationals. I don't like that," he says.

"The sooner we get a national stadium the better," he goes on. "The Maze or wherever doesn't matter to me; we need a stadium that is independent from any club. And anyway, these great fans deserve a new stadium."

Sean is full of praise for the IFA's "football for all" scheme which has proved successful in breaking down sectarian barriers.

"I'm a good example of it," he says with some justification.

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Donagh

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Quote from: thejuice on January 31, 2008, 03:30:06 PM
this tread is a joke right? you'll know the catholics as they wont be carrying condoms, will have ashes on their heads, will have rosery beads with them, wont have had red meat so wont be found near the burger van and will spend the whole game talking about what they're going to do for lent  :P

We never joke about religion up here juice, it's much to important for that. Some people have been known to take it very seriously and bombard us with articles from the Fermanagh Herald. Get a life EG ffs...

Rick O Shea

Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2008, 02:01:32 PM
Could be a bit of fun for the OWC defenders over at Windsor Park and put an end to some of the more tiresome threads sustained by indefatigable windbag contributors on the Board. As I'm sure all genuine proponents of the six county soccer teams 'Football For All' publicity drive are aware, their next game coincides Ash Wednesday when all Catholics will be giving public witness to their repentance before God by having the cross of ash placed on their foreheads.

To be honest nobody really believes these assertions about your Kaflick mate who goes to all the games, so now you can even take photographs to prove that the GAWA army aren't the mono-cultural, bigoted, sectarian, white supremacists grouping as is often alleged in the student cafes and bars of downtown Belfast.

Is that like PIN number?  :P

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on January 31, 2008, 03:48:45 PM
We never joke about religion up here juice, it's much to important for that. Some people have been known to take it very seriously and bombard us with articles from the Fermanagh Herald. Get a life EG ffs...

You were the one who started this thread, presumably out of curiousity as to how many Catholics would be at next Wednesday's game. I was merely starting the count off with Sean. This is hardly a "bombardment" - unless you are afraid I was going to use the old Connolly House tricks of double or triple counting/including the dead/sending RC fans along to Windsor by post etc.  ;)

How does it go? Let me see, with a wee bit of creative counting, out of a toal capacity of just over 14,000, I reckon I could get the numbers of Catholic fans inside Windsor up to around 20,000... :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Has anyone seen the Omen? All photos of lapsed catholics and protestants at the game will be easily recogniseable as there will be blurry shapes around their heads and bodies, hinting at how they will soon perish at the hands of the devil.

:o
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 04:11:15 PM
[unless you are afraid I was going to use the old Connolly House tricks

Somebody isnt paying attention to the catchphrase / buzzwords thread  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 31, 2008, 03:21:13 PM
tiresome threads sustained by indefatigable windbag contributors on the Board

If my profile message isn't the finest example of indefatigable windbagging on this board then I don't know what is ::)

Far be it for me to turn tout, but, HEY MOD3, is that not personal abuse under your new rules?  :P

Orior

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 31, 2008, 03:41:50 PM

Sean McManus, a construction worker from Enniskillen, isn't your typical Northern Ireland fan. A former pupil at St. Joseph's College, Sean is living proof that not all fans are east Belfast loyalists!

Sean travels to most Northern Ireland away games, and in this campaign was in Latvia, Sweden, Lichtenstein and, of course, Spain last week – "Well, Northern Ireland is our country and I follow them through good times and bad."

To prove the point even further, Sean is an ardent follower of the pride of east Belfast, Glentoran, and has been one of the club's vice-presidents for five years now.

He explains: "I first started following the Glens when Jimmy Cleary was our captain; I remember him from Enniskillen. In September, I had the privilege of playing alongside Jimmy in Paul Leeman's testimonial."

Sean is Glentoran through and through and talks glowingly, for example, about the work the club does in setting up a football academy in Ghana.

In fact, he is such a fanatic that he doesn't like going to Windsor Park for Northern Ireland's home games.

"I do go to the home matches sometimes, but not all the time," says Sean. But not for the reasons one might think.

"Linfield are our great rivals and they get 15 per cent of the money for internationals. I don't like that," he says.

"The sooner we get a national stadium the better," he goes on. "The Maze or wherever doesn't matter to me; we need a stadium that is independent from any club. And anyway, these great fans deserve a new stadium."

Sean is full of praise for the IFA's "football for all" scheme which has proved successful in breaking down sectarian barriers.

"I'm a good example of it," he says with some justification.

Its a pity we couldnt get the boul Sean on this here baord to here what he has to say about Neil Lennon, about GSTQ, about the UJ. Does he actually sing along with GSTQ? Does he face the UJ? Wonder does he ever go to gaelic matches? Would he prefer hurling or football? Would he support England against the ROI? Did any of his anscestors fight in the civil war? Ah sure we'll probably never know.

Kyle Laverty is an interesting case. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but when Celtic interest grew, he became less intersted in a move and committed himself to Burnley. Its a pity cause i would have liked to have heard the reception he gets in windsor if after scoring the winner for Celtic against Rangers on a Saturday, and then running our for the wee statelet a few days later.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians