2008 Six Nations Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2008, 01:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Time for steady eddie to go! who would get motivated when you have this clown talking to ya.

Would love to see Jake White as coach - im sure its a challenge that he would be up for!

muppet

Captain Hook for manager. Anyone but Eddie. If we had lost a classic I wouldn't mind. With backs we have we never passed, with Wallace, Leamy and Heaslip we never gave them a run. Awful gameplan, awful performance, awful manager,
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Ok Eddie mightn't be very inspiring at the minute but IF Horgan had scored the try in the first half, Eddie would have been the best thing since bread was sliced.

Aaron Boone

Wales picked up the Triple Crown trophy up the hallowed steps of the Hogan Stand.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2008, 03:42:38 PM
Ok Eddie mightn't be very inspiring at the minute but IF Horgan had scored the try in the first half, Eddie would have been the best thing since bread was sliced.

To be fair, he wouldn't.  It might have bought him some more time, but he'd have to do a lot to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 08, 2008, 04:25:27 PM
Wales picked up the Triple Crown trophy up the hallowed steps of the Hogan Stand.

In fairness what harm have the sheepshaggers ever done to us?

lynchbhoy

have to say that I like wales (in rugby at least).
They play the game the way it should be played and always try to do so (all teams are guilty of tripping or illegal activities guring the game - aussies and sa are worst btw)

Delighted for wales and they deserved it.
Will their nerve last and can they take the grand slam?

Ireland are mediocre , currently with great unused talent.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on March 08, 2008, 05:26:02 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 08, 2008, 04:25:27 PM

In fairness what harm have the sheepshaggers ever done to us?

No harm at all Turlough sure didn't they give us st patrick to get rid of the snakes ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

An Gaeilgoir

I think this si also the end of o Driscoll as captain, he has never been a true captain...time to hand it to the big red lad and let him "put the fear of god in the opposition"

Maguire01

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on March 08, 2008, 06:11:46 PM
I think this si also the end of o Driscoll as captain, he has never been a true captain...time to hand it to the big red lad and let him "put the fear of god in the opposition"
Why not?

orangeman

O'Driscoll has been very poor - loves the publicity etc etc - it's been a while since he showed what he was capabl of and should be stripped of the captaincy and let somebody else have a go.

slow corner back

Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2008, 09:48:59 PM
O'Driscoll has been very poor - loves the publicity etc etc - it's been a while since he showed what he was capabl of and should be stripped of the captaincy and let somebody else have a go.
O Connell is the popular choice to take over as captain but it has to be said he had a poor world cup also and was no great shakes today. He knocked on numerous times and then as pack leader saw his scrum pushed back by seven welshmen. An awful lot of this irish team are living on past glories, the lack of pace today was awful as it was against the french. Only Rob Kearney in flashes showed any pace or invention. Next week at Twickenham is a dead rubber for both sides, while it is always good to beat the english at anything winning next week would not prove much if it is done playing 10 man rugby like we did against france and tried today. Personally I would like to see a few new faces get a try out, if we lose so what Tony Buckly should start as should Luke Fitzgerald. Why not bring along young O Connor from Ulster as back up fly half, it is pretty clear that Paddy Wallace will not take ROGs place anytime soon so why not introduce a youngster to the squad.France began experimenting for the next world cup at the start of the tournament we should start next saturday.
Having said that I dont think it will happen, Eddie will want to go to twickers and avoid a hammering at all costs, keep eddie in his job and never worry about the next world cup.

ziggysego

No arguements, the better team won. Ireland has the talent, but they lack direction. EOS should have left two years ago and I'm surprised he got a new contract before the World Cup. Should have been shedded after their performance.

The brother-in-law is delighted. Rang me from Croke Park to rub my nose it in.
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Shocking display by Ireland today. An incredible lack of ambition on our part against a decent but far from great Welsh side. A change of management is badly needed as the whole set up appears very stale. Eddie has had long enough in charge. Time for a new voice with new ideas that might reinvigorate the players. Jake White is still looking for a job?

Fair play to Rob Kearney. Very good performance. He did get turned over for the Welsh try alright but I thought he was Ireland's best player by a mile.

Shamrock Shore

WTF was Jackman doing? Did he lose the small bit of sense the Lord gave him?

It was a rank performace overall but Ireland could still have undeservedly stolen it until that lump eejit gave away a needless penalty.

EOS needs to have a long think about his position now - if we lose to England on Sat then it wil be the worst 5/6 Nations since 1999.