kilkenny

Started by T O Hare, January 28, 2008, 04:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

lads, any tips of good haunts around kilkenny.. heading on a stag this weekend there!!!
is it true about the lap dancing club
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

his holiness nb

Quote from: T O Hare on January 28, 2008, 04:26:13 PM
lads, any tips of good haunts around kilkenny.. heading on a stag this weekend there!!!
is it true about the lap dancing club

According to the outraged locals on the Joe Duffy show, yes its true!
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Kilkenny was a far better place before all the stag and hen partys and Dubs started coming around the place..
Anyways if its good pubs/niteclubs your looking for then i would advise the following haunts...

Langtons it's on Johns Street just follow the crowd as everyone ends up there plus your bound to bump into a Kilkenny Hurler as they crawl all over Langtons

Morrisons - Just of The Parade on Ormonde Street across from the MulitStory car park..Good lively place with probably the best looking DJ in the world and yes i mean female..She won Miss Kilkenny a few years back  :o

Paris Texas - On High Street, Usually where all stag/hens go as its the only place that will let in wans that are dressed as stags/hens..

Kyteler's Inn..Beside Dunne Stores..They have revamped this place lately and its a great night out..Type of place that you stay all night..All rock/80's type of music

Carpa Diem - Across the road from Kytelers..I think this has been renamed now though.So not sure what it is called now but everyone knows it as Carpe Diem

If it Hurling talk your looking for go to Syd Harkins on Rose Inn Street

Ps don't under any circumstances insult any Kilkenny person about Hurling as they are vicious..believe me i know!

If its a few young wans ye are after head for Matt the Millers or Biddy Earlys on John Street then go to The Coo niteclub..

You'll Never Walk Alone.

dodo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 28, 2008, 07:45:05 PM

Ps don't under any circumstances insult any Kilkenny person about Hurling as they are vicious..believe me i know!

A few subtle references to great Cork and Tipp hurlers being the best in their positions gets much better milage than an insult........some of them bucks are awfully smug about their hurling.

As for a great pint head off the beaten track (2 minutes !) to Doherty´s on Friary Street. Good place to start with a few before heading to the lively spots.

Lone Shark

Last time I was there was last autumn, and due to a few on street fights even the nightclubs were closing at 1.30. You might want to suss that out befoe you step out, because it's very irritating to take your time all evening only to find the whole show is shutting up just when you thought it was entering peak season, so to speak. It may have chilled out since Christmas, but I think it's been destroyed by the stags etc. myself.

amallon

Stay off ye olde wine Thomas!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

cheers for the advice, especially A Mallons! :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Darndale Anto

Why da bleeding ell would anyone wan ta go to bleeding culchie land  ???
Meself and me burd Jacinta went ta Carlow once...bleeding kip man im tellin yeez..full of bleedin dirti culchies..der was an awful bang of shite off them

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: Darndale Anto on January 29, 2008, 06:06:11 PM
Meself and me burd Jacinta went ta Carlow once...bleeding kip man im tellin yeez..full of bleedin dirti culchies..der was an awful bang of shite off them

Yeah. Cheers Anto. Mind the door on the way out.

G'Luck now.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on January 29, 2008, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: Darndale Anto on January 29, 2008, 06:06:11 PM

Yeah. Cheers Anto. Mind the door on the way out.

G'Luck now.
Busy day today? lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

his holiness nb

Be careful the door doesnt hit your arse on the way out, it'll crumpled the rolled up copy of "the sun" in your back pocket  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

stpauls

does anyone know if the lap dancing club is still in operation in Kilkenny, i am heading there for my stag next month and it would be so much fun  ;D if it was!!!

Billys Boots

QuoteThe Coo niteclub

Aaaargh, if I'm correct this used to be called Itchycoo Park (the ouldies will get it) in the 1980s, and was inhabited solely by farmers looking for the ride.  Hasn't changed much if Laoislad is hanging out there so ...  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 21, 2008, 12:06:30 PM
QuoteThe Coo niteclub

Aaaargh, if I'm correct this used to be called Itchycoo Park (the ouldies will get it) in the 1980s, and was inhabited solely by farmers looking for the ride.  Hasn't changed much if Laoislad is hanging out there so ...  :P

Aye thats the place..
I haven't been there in years though. Im far to auld for that now  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.