Paddywagon Attacked Again

Started by full back, January 24, 2008, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

A TOURIST bus decorated with leprechauns has been badly damaged in a petrol-bomb attack in south Belfast.

Dozens of mainly Australian and New Zealand tourists were unable to visit the Giant's Causeway yesterday because another coach could not be found. Police last night said they were pursuing all lines of inquiry following the attack at Fitzwilliam Street on Tuesday night.

It is believed a window on the bus was broken and petrol poured in before being set alight. Coaches from 'Paddywagon' tours were fire-bombed twice in Belfast in 2000.

A neighbour alerted the manager of a Fitzwilliam Street hostel where the bus was parked.

Stephen McPhellamy of Paddywagon, said he would find it "saddening" if it proved to be a sectarian attack.

"Half of our work-force in Northern Ireland are from a unionist background," he said. Paddywagon, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary, describes itself as "a backpacker's friend and an aid to tourism in Ireland - nothing more".

http://www.irishnews.com/irishnews/2008/1/540/5860/578389_334533834322Paddywagon.html

his holiness nb

Whats wrong with these people, are they too thick to realise these buses are full of foreigners, not taigs?  >:(
Ask me holy bollix

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

The good thing to come out of this is that those tourists can see now that unionists  are the real bigots in the north.  To listen to unionists and their version of history you'd think they were victims in the whole thing but keep it up lads, show the world what yous are (if they don't already know).
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 24, 2008, 12:36:01 PM
The good thing to come out of this is that those tourists can see now that unionists  are the real bigots in the north.  To listen to unionists and their version of history you'd think they were victims in the whole thing but keep it up lads, show the world what yous are (if they don't already know).

I was chatting to a Polish man last year in London. They know all about Northern Ireland and what community is being bigoted.
Testing Accessibility

Solomon Kane

Quote from: ziggysego on January 24, 2008, 12:38:45 PM

I was chatting to a Polish man last year in London. They know all about Northern Ireland and what community is being bigoted.

What a really stupid comment. I seriously thought better of you Ziggy.

Rossfan

Quote from: Solomon Kane on January 24, 2008, 07:17:53 PM

So do the Joe Duffy listeners after that twisted cnut who was giving out about the C of I selling Rosary Beads

So do the Joe Duffy listeners after that twisted cnut who was giving out about the C of I selling Rosary Beads
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

red hander

'What a really stupid comment. I seriously thought better of you Ziggy.'

'LEAVE THE DARKIES ALONE. UDA'  Actual graffiti in Village 18 months ago after spate of attacks on immigrants living in the loyalist area...

Solomon Kane

It's all cleared up now then. Only the Unionist community is bigotted. Not an ounce of bigotry appears in the nationalist community. I wouldn't defend unionism but to tar a whole community with the same brush as a bundle of extremeists is bigotry in itself.

Donagh

Well look on the bright side Solomon, at least OWC supporters weren't implicated on the attack on the bus.................this time

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Solomon Kane on January 24, 2008, 07:17:53 PM

Truth hurts.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Donagh on January 24, 2008, 08:12:18 PM
Well look on the bright side Solomon, at least OWC supporters weren't implicated on the attack on the bus.................this time

I wouldn't hold my breath - there is a match in less than a fortnight. Some bright spark will form a link. Mind you, it would have taken some leap of the imagination to link the last attack/non-attack to NI supporters.

Pangurban

Does nobody think the corporate name of this tour company PADDYWAGON is racist or demeaning

ziggysego

Solomon Kane, he didn't mean the Unionist community. He meant certain elements of the Loyalist community. You can't deny that.

You know me, I don't throw around shit like that unless it's true.
Testing Accessibility