Paddywagon Attacked Again

Started by full back, January 24, 2008, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 15, 2008, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on February 15, 2008, 01:04:36 PM
. Don't make a personal claim, then when someone takes you up on it, complain that they are being personal.

Personal claim? I didnt say who did or didnt do it  ::)

I made a guess that it was highly likely to have been "unionists", but didnt say I know this for sure.

Who you accused or didn't accuse is entirely irrelevant. To recap, you made claims as to your personal knowledge of Belfast, As someone who lived in that very part of Belfast for a number of years, I pointed where you were incorrect, and you took the hump at being exposed, accusing me of "playing the man". By those standards, no-one should ever be able to take you up on anything. Poor try, really.

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 15, 2008, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on February 15, 2008, 11:29:42 AM
Now even I'm getting bored. I've clearly said I don't know who carried out this latest attack. However, I accept it likely wasn't Loyalists, based on what McPhilemy said, since McP would likely be in a position to know (he's only the bloody owner of the bus!), plus he would have no reason for excusing Loyalists that I can think of. If there's a flaw in my reasoning or judgement over this, feel free to point it out.

I dont need to point out the flaws in that, they are obvious for all to see.

Go on then, humour me...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 15, 2008, 05:21:31 PM
Who you accused or didn't accuse is entirely irrelevant. To recap, you made claims as to your personal knowledge of Belfast, As someone who lived in that very part of Belfast for a number of years, I pointed where you were incorrect, and you took the hump at being exposed, accusing me of "playing the man". By those standards, no-one should ever be able to take you up on anything. Poor try, really.

Took the hump?? I just told you where I got the information from, and why I believed it  ::)

When you say "exposed" are you suggesting I told lies about spending a lot of my youth in Belfast?

I never claimed to know the area in question on this thread. I just commented on my experience of Belfast. So out with it, are you calling me a liar?
Otherwise how was I exposed?

Go on then, humour me...

You said you have no idea who did it, yet are happy to dismiss one group totally, with no backup to clear their name, but the word of a man you dont trust.
If he said it WAS loyalists you would be questioning him for proof
Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 15, 2008, 05:31:36 PM

Took the hump?? I just told you where I got the information from, and why I believed it  ::)

When you say "exposed" are you suggesting I told lies about spending a lot of my youth in Belfast?

I never claimed to know the area in question on this thread. I just commented on my experience of Belfast. So out with it, are you calling me a liar?

Spare me the mock indignation. I never accused you of lying, just being incorrect. Though ther may have been an element of bluff* on your part, as well.

* - Cue: "Ooh, ooh, Mods, the nasty man  just called me a bad name"

Go on then, humour me...

You said you have no idea who did it, yet are happy to dismiss one group totally, with no backup to clear their name, but the word of a man you dont trust.

I have no idea who did it. I did not "dismiss one group totally", I merely said this time it was likely not them, on the basis of McPhelimy's reported comment. When I have questioned McPhilimy's comments in the past, it was on the basis of suspect motives on his part. This time, when he said he didn't think it was "Loyalists", I have no reason to doubt his motives. It's called making a judgement according to the circumstances.

No, since they would normally  have been the most likely suspects. But why would McPhilimy eliminate them this time, unless he knew, or thought he knew, that it wasn't them? Besides, he didn't say it was Loyalists... ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 15, 2008, 06:17:16 PM

Spare me the mock indignation. I never accused you of lying, just being incorrect. Though ther may have been an element of bluff* on your part, as well.

* - Cue: "Ooh, ooh, Mods, the nasty man  just called me a bad name"

You dont even have the balls to call me a liar when you clearly think I am  :D :D :D :D

Incidentally, I have no intentions of reporting you for calling me a liar, even if you did.

I think you are a liar based on many posts over your stint here, none of which I am going to get into now, so dont bother asking.
Its hardly the worst insult one can throw and I dont think its worth reporting.

But again with your little fued. Thats whats becoming a pain in the hole, let it go.
Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 15, 2008, 06:24:56 PM
You dont even have the balls to call me a liar when you clearly think I am  :D :D :D :D

Incidentally, I have no intentions of reporting you for calling me a liar, even if you did.

I think you are a liar based on many posts over your stint here, none of which I am going to get into now, so dont bother asking.
Its hardly the worst insult one can throw and I dont think its worth reporting.

But again with your little fued. Thats whats becoming a pain in the hole, let it go.

No, for the second time, I don't think you're a liar, just a bit of a bluffer who gets indignant when caught out. Oh, and rather sensitive and thin-skinned when the debate doesn't go your way.

Me, I've had all sorts of things said about me, on this Board and elsewhere, and frankly I couldn't give a shite.

So fire away and report me all you like - see if I care. See if the Mods care. See if anyone cares.

Anyhow, it's Friday evening and I have an urgent appointment with a bottle of wine.

Toodle Pip!  8)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 15, 2008, 06:33:02 PM
I don't think you're a liar, just a bit of a bluffer who gets indignant when caught out.

Caught out? Jaysus I spent a lot of time in Belfast in my youth, West belfast to be exact. If by not knowing this area (which I am fairly sure is not in west belfast) and that means I was "caught out" then fair enough  ::)

Oh, and rather sensitive and thin-skinned when the debate doesn't go your way.

No I just dont like when it gets personal.

So fire away and report me all you like - see if I care. See if the Mods care. See if anyone cares.

My last post said I have no intentions of reporting you for that  ::)

Enjoy the wine.

p.s. In the interest of the board, lets let this little spat go, agreed?
Ask me holy bollix