Paddywagon Attacked Again

Started by full back, January 24, 2008, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on February 10, 2008, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on February 09, 2008, 03:27:26 PM
I read the thread on OWC about the last time, not much condemnation about the arson attack itself, the majority were piping on about the stupidity of parking it there and also the possibility that it was part of insurance fraud.
And pretty much slating the company in general in a "what do you expect when you have a van with tricolours on it" etc etc kind of way.

Shocked to hear the attitudes to be honest, all sorts of posts bar any admitting there is a problem of bigotry in the Unionist community in the area thats responsible.

**beforre you go on, I aint saying one side is worse than the other**

Care to quote any of these bigotted posts? I've read (and contributed) to the OWC thread(s) on this and I don't recognise your version at all.

Good man Sammy, the master word twister. Even you can surely see that in my post, as quoted by yourself above, I didnt once say there were "bigoted" posts on the OWC thread  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 11, 2008, 09:32:54 AM
I read the thread on OWC about the last time, not much condemnation about the arson attack itself, the majority were piping on about the stupidity of parking it there and also the possibility that it was part of insurance fraud.
And pretty much slating the company in general in a "what do you expect when you have a van with tricolours on it" etc etc kind of way.

Shocked to hear the attitudes to be honest, all sorts of posts bar any admitting there is a problem of bigotry in the Unionist community in the area thats responsible.

Care to quote any of these bigotted posts? I've read (and contributed) to the OWC thread(s) on this and I don't recognise your version at all.

Good man Sammy, the master word twister. Even you can surely see that in my post, as quoted by yourself above, I didnt once say there were "bigoted" posts on the OWC thread  ::)

Right so the posters aren't bigotted, they're just supporting bigottry??? OK got that.

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on February 11, 2008, 10:04:01 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on February 11, 2008, 09:32:54 AM

Right so the posters aren't bigotted, they're just supporting bigottry??? OK got that.

I didnt say they supported the attacks either Sammy. Would you please read my post again slowly before responding, its very straightforward.
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Incidentally Sammy, feel free to apologise for the suggestions that I was accusing the OWC guys on that thread of being "biggoted" or "supporting" bigotry.

Or at least admit you were wrong, although from previous experience, I wont hold my breath.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 11, 2008, 11:04:40 AM
Incidentally Sammy, feel free to apologise for the suggestions that I was accusing the OWC guys on that thread of being "biggoted" or "supporting" bigotry.

Or at least admit you were wrong, although from previous experience, I wont hold my breath.

Read your post again and tell me what you were trying to say (if it wasn't what I've claimed). I've read it through a few times and can't see any other explanation.

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on February 11, 2008, 11:06:10 AM
Read your post again and tell me what you were trying to say (if it wasn't what I've claimed). I've read it through a few times and can't see any other explanation.

I wasnt TRYING to say anything, I was just plain old saying it!  ;)

You are looking for hidden meanings in my post, which is weird as its a very clear straightforward post Sammy.
I was most clearly not accusing them of being bigoted or supporting bigotry. If anything, they were trying to change the subject rather than admit there are bigots in the unionist community. But they didnt say they supported what happened, nor did I suggest they did.

Sammy, admit it, you got this one wrong, and suggested I was calling them bigoted or supporting bigotry. You know fine well there is nothing in my post to suggest this, you owe an apology, or at least a retaction of what you said.
Cut the bullshit and admit it.
Ask me holy bollix

Jim_Murphy_74

Ermm, for a lad so could at parsing the language of the GAA rule book you seem to have got this one all wrong!!!

This post reads to me that there are posts on OWC making excuses for the actions of bigotry: provocation, stupidity etc...

Having read the thread, I would have to concur.  Maybe you feel that this denial amounts to bigotry in itself?

/Jim.

SammyG

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on February 11, 2008, 11:52:08 AM

Ermm, for a lad so could at parsing the language of the GAA rule book you seem to have got this one all wrong!!!

This post reads to me that there are posts on OWC making excuses for the actions of bigotry: provocation, stupidity etc...

Having read the thread, I would have to concur.  Maybe you feel that this denial amounts to bigotry in itself?

/Jim.

I'm obviously a bit slow this morning (wouldn't be the first time). HHNB posted that the threads on OWC were condoning and excusing bigottry (I read that as saying they were tacitally supporting bigottry but I could be wrong) and I asked him to quote some of these posts, he has so far failed to do so.

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on February 11, 2008, 11:55:54 AM
I'm obviously a bit slow this morning (wouldn't be the first time).

Slow or too stubborn to make an apology?

HHNB posted that the threads on OWC were condoning and excusing bigottry

Sammy, that is pure and utter bullshit, and you are aware of this.

and I asked him to quote some of these posts, he has so far failed to do so.

You asked me to quote "bigoted" posts. I never once said any of the posts were bigoted.
This is why I havent quoted any posts
::)
Sammy stop digging and be a man, you got this very wrong. You have been caught out before at this shite and never once admitted you were wrong or apologised.

For f**k sake be a man and admit it.

Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 11, 2008, 12:02:33 PM
I'm obviously a bit slow this morning (wouldn't be the first time).

Slow or too stubborn to make an apology?

HHNB posted that the threads on OWC were condoning and excusing bigottry

Sammy, that is pure and utter bullshit, and you are aware of this.

and I asked him to quote some of these posts, he has so far failed to do so.

You asked me to quote "bigoted" posts. I never once said any of the posts were bigoted.
This is why I havent quoted any posts
::)
Sammy stop digging and be a man, you got this very wrong. You have been caught out before at this shite and never once admitted you were wrong or apologised.

For f**k sake be a man and admit it.

I'll try again, if you weren't saying what I accused you of, then what where you saying? What was the point of your post? If you can tell me what I got wrong then I'll be happy to apologise but, so far, all you've done is repeat the same sh1te several times.

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on February 11, 2008, 12:05:31 PM
I'll try again, if you weren't saying what I accused you of, then what where you saying?

What was I saying?

Sammy, this is what I was saying, no more, no less.

"I read the thread on OWC about the last time, not much condemnation about the arson attack itself, the majority were piping on about the stupidity of parking it there and also the possibility that it was part of insurance fraud.

**beforre you go on, I aint saying one side is worse than the other**"

What was the point of your post?

We were discussing the paddywagon attack here, I also read a thread about it on OWC and therefore expressed my suprise that there were very few people on there condemning the attack, more so deflecting blame to the company themselves, and suspecting them of insurance fraud. I suggested a possible reason was to avoid admitting to a problem of bigotry within the Unionist community in that area. I at no stage suggested that anyone on that thread was part of this community, bigoted, supporting bigotry or condoned bigotry.

To be quite honest I have no idea why there was so few people on there condemning the attack outright.

If you can tell me what I got wrong then I'll be happy to apologise but, so far, all you've done is repeat the same sh1te several times.

You said my post inferred that there were "bigoted" posts on the thread in OWC. This is what you got wrong, this is very clear.

Now stop complicating things and be a man about it.
No doubt I will get another long winded post trying to muddy the waters, or else just no reply  ::)

Ask me holy bollix

brokencrossbar1

Quoteall sorts of posts bar any admitting there is a problem of bigotry in the Unionist community in the area thats responsible.

Sammy just for you, the main part of the post that kicks your posting about bigotry in posts in the hole!  HHNB clearly states that there were not biggoted postes but there were posts that were basically stating that it was the company's own fault for having a bus with a tri-colour on it, or parking it in the area.  Why should a company feel that they cannot have a bus painted what ever way it wants, and not feel safe it where it parks it because of it?

To make excuses for people carrying out an act based on bigottry is to latently accept the bigottry as justifiable.

SammyG

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 11, 2008, 12:18:13 PM
Quoteall sorts of posts bar any admitting there is a problem of bigotry in the Unionist community in the area thats responsible.

Sammy just for you, the main part of the post that kicks your posting about bigotry in posts in the hole!  HHNB clearly states that there were not biggoted postes but there were posts that were basically stating that it was the company's own fault for having a bus with a tri-colour on it, or parking it in the area.  Why should a company feel that they cannot have a bus painted what ever way it wants, and not feel safe it where it parks it because of it?

To make excuses for people carrying out an act based on bigottry is to latently accept the bigottry as justifiable.
That would be correct if these posts actua;lly existed. For the fourth or fifth time, I have not seen these posts, every single poster on OWC condemned the attack. A few had a go a the Paddywagon boss for his lies and bigottry (which is fair enough as that bigottry was directed at NI supporters) or said that he might be spoofing again but nobody said the attack was justified in any way

his holiness nb

Sammy you said that I said there were bigoted posts on there. I didnt.

It couldnt be any clearer.

I can only presume at this stage I wont get an apology for what you said. Says a lot about you imo.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 11, 2008, 12:37:21 PM
Sammy you said that I said there were bigoted posts on there. I didnt.

It couldnt be any clearer.

I can only presume at this stage I wont get an apology for what you said. Says a lot about you imo.

I have already said that I'm happy to apologise for that, but you still won't tell me what posts you were talking about.