Spiting on pensioners, unionists show their class again

Started by Donagh, January 23, 2008, 08:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

I think the point of that is that he is Commander in Chief of the Parachute Regiment who murdered a few people down the road in Derry city a few years back – and from what I seen on the tv it was a display cabinet full of Charles and Diana tat – should have been binned on grounds of taste and decency more than anything else.

Chrisowc

I can't for the life of me understand why a town council would want a statue of someone born in bred in that town who went on to become the 2nd longest serving Prime Minister of New Zealand outside their council offices.
::)

Sure it'll help the unemployment numbers in the town......for an afternoon, as a couple of boys with a shovel and spade pull it down.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Solomon Kane

I can't see why Mrs Brolly has an issue with all the military memorabilia. Were there not rumours that the securocrats provided her husband Francie with a healthy income for many years?

Donagh

Quote from: Solomon Kane on January 23, 2008, 07:09:08 PM
I can't see why Mrs Brolly has an issue with all the military memorabilia. Were there not rumours that the securocrats provided her husband Francie with a healthy income for many years?

Who said Mrs Brolly has an issue with the memorabilia? From the news reports all I gathered was that Joe's ma was abused because she had the effrontery to turn up and represent her constituents.

Armagh4SamAgain

I saw on another tread that there doin it in cananda to.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

stibhan

"Dr Bassett said any move to remove Massey's statue because of his Orange Order connections would be over the top as he was not an extremist"

Eh, can anyone else see the paradox?

Donagh

"Bassett told the New Zealand Herald: "You'd have thought a little town in Ireland would be rather proud that one of their people went off to New Zealand and became prime minister."

Yeah we're really proud we spanned a raving supremacist bigot and sent him overseas on am imperialist mission to lord it over the native Māori.

Zapatista

I could not give a shit about what NewZealanders have to say about it. In fact I would remove the statue just becuase they have an opinion. Fcuk them.

Tony hawks

Quote from: Donagh on January 25, 2008, 11:22:55 PM
"Bassett told the New Zealand Herald: "You'd have thought a little town in Ireland would be rather proud that one of their people went off to New Zealand and became prime minister."

Yeah we're really proud we spanned a raving supremacist bigot and sent him overseas on am imperialist mission to lord it over the native Māori.
Donagh obviously your grasp of this gentlemans history is quite slight however this seems to be par for the course for you btw do you find the hunger strikers feature in dungiven to be example of creating good community relations in the borough of limavady.?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Tony hawks on January 26, 2008, 10:37:29 AM

Donagh obviously your grasp of this gentlemans history is quite slight however this seems to be par for the course for you btw do you find the hunger strikers feature in dungiven to be example of creating good community relations in the borough of limavady.?

Might not really create good community relations but they remind people of what 10 brave men died for.......Same thing as all this marching every year about some battle years ago?? Great for community relations...???   
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Solomon Kane

A big mission for a 14 year old. Most kids just get sent to the shops at that age. This guy must have showed promise at an early age.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Solomon Kane on January 26, 2008, 04:44:32 PM

A big mission for a 14 year old. Most kids just get sent to the shops at that age. This guy must have showed promise at an early age.

Did this guy ever come back to Limavady?? Dont know myself but if he didn't why insist on a statue for someone who fcuked off to NZ when he was 14 and never came back, must have really loved the place.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME