Cheltenham 2008

Started by boshiba, January 17, 2008, 05:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

not sure.. jp owns it.. it won at the weekend....you should nt be using that great mans name

honest to god.. da told a few boys in the bridge and they all back it!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mickey Linden

U should not be using that great mans name either!

jaykay

Nickey Henderson trains it, it's declared in 2 races in the next few days.  1.10 Warick on Thursday and the 3.05 in Doncaster on Friday.

Mickey Linden

His price will change a fair bit then in the next few days according to what race he goes for and how well he goes. Will keep a look out anyhow. 8/1 for the trimuph hurdle is short enough to be honest!

Our Nail Loney

Will take a lot to win the Triumph, some very good horses in it this year. I especially like Celestial Halo, saw Ruby getting interviewed about it a while back and he got very excited about it. Though its a tough race, in work here looks like its gonna be a quiet night since there's no racing on so might have a look at the Triumph and post my thoughts here later...

Louth Exile

Well if Leopardstown goes ahead on Sunday (and it must be looking dodgy with the current weather) the ground could only be bottomless and he swore he wouldn't run him in that type of ground again.

Gowran I see is due an inspection in the morning, with Kicking King due for a run in the race before the Thystes
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Our Nail Loney

Had soarta assumed Carr wouldn't run him at the weekend for a while now just going by his comments about the ground.

Pity as it would have been a good pointer towards the Champ Hurdle, thought Sublimity ran ok last time out, but wanted to see him with a bit more fitness before weighing him up for the CH.

thewobbler

I was kind of thinking something must be up with Glencove Marina. Was generally 6s or 7s on oddschecker yesterday apart from one bookie who had him at 14s (BetDirect i think).

Mickey Linden

Thats terrible news about Glencove Marina. i was really expecting him to go well at cheltenham. Good job I didnt back him ante-post

Louth Exile

I'd echo the sentiments about glencove, looked like a good one for the festival alright  :(
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Our Nail Loney

Pity about Glencove, can't really pretend to be that sad though as I have backed Joe Lively antepost for the RSA

bcarrier

A very impressive return by Kicking King. Next few days are vital but definite gliimer of hope for connections now.

Does Home of hurling ever post on here now ? He used to have good info from Nicky Richards and EJ O Grady yards .

Louth Exile

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 24, 2008, 07:08:38 PM
Pity about Glencove, can't really pretend to be that sad though as I have backed Joe Lively antepost for the RSA
I think it was the Arkle was his likely target, not the RSA

Our Nail Loney

It was antepost favourite/joint favourite for both markets as hadn't been stated which it was going for as yet

I am just happy one less serious contender for joe Lively, have been very impressed with him this year has come on lepas and bounds, I have him at 12/1 now into 8/1

Our Nail Loney

Just to show I wasn't talking shite about it being head of the rsa market

QuoteGLENCOVE MARINA, at the head of the ante-post betting for both the Arkle and the Royal & SunAlliance Chase, has been ruled out for the season.

Trained by Willie Mullins, the six-year-old sprang to prominence for the Cheltenham Festival events by effortlessly winning a Grade 2 novice chase at Leopardstown earlier in the month.

His big-race target had not been finalised and he was earlier handed entries in both championship events before disaster struck.

"He's got a tendon injury and he's definitely out for the season," Mullins told At The Races.

Mullins went on: "We are not sure how long the injury will take, I haven't spoken to our vet who scanned him but he is definitely out for all this season and maybe we'll decide to give next season a miss too. 

"He appeared to be fine after Leopardstown because we were checking him every morning.

"He'd had a week off and he was back riding and doing small canters, but we just noticed a little bit of heat on the backside of his leg and was hoping against hope it might have been something else, but it wasn't.

"So we sent him off to get scanned and the vet told us the bad news this morning.

"He was the most exciting horse I've had foryears, the potential that he had, he has come out and shown that this year over fences.

"I was really looking forward to him so it is very disappointing."