10.T.McGuigan
11.Mulgrew
12.C.Cavanagh
13.A.McCarron
14.Shaun O'Neill
15.Mulligan

v

15. John Doyle :'(

Ah no I'm looking forward to going to Omagh and after the Louth game last week it's clear that we won't be taking a step back.
Although that's not saying we won't be pushed back as we still have too many lads who aren't big enough for inter-county.
If we get a draw or even keep it tight id say mcgeeney will be happy as in all fairness its very much a case of looking to next year.

Never been to Omagh, how long should i give myself for the travel time?

As an Omagh exile living in Kilcullen I'd say give yourself 3 hours.

Star Spangler

QuoteTyrone boss Mickey Harte has moved to quell rumours about the fitness of Stephen O'Neill, insisting suggestions that he was set for another knee operation are "exaggerated rubbish."

Harte admitted that he may be out for longer than initially thought, but dismissed out of hand stories circulating that injury may force the former All Star to retire from inter-county football.

"Stephen does not need another operation," Harte told the Irish Daily Mirror.

"All that has happened is that he is doing rehabilitation work and perhaps pushed a little too hard and got some extra pain in the knee.

"Initially we hoped he'd be back by the end of March, and while it may be later, we would certainly be thinking positively," he added.

Captain Scarlet

Grand cheers lads, im not a speed merchant so ill give myself three hours.

Lynchboy here is the team and clubs from the Louth match

Enda Murphy (Leixlip), Emmett Bolton (Eadestown), Andrew McGloughlin (Ellistown), Morgan O'Flaherty (Carbury), Anthony Rainbow (Suncroft), Damien Hendy (Castledermot), Brian Flanagan (Johnstownbridge), Padraig Mullarkey (Round Towers), Killian Brennan (Suncroft), Michael Hartnett 0-1 (1f) (Suncroft), Michael Conway 0-4 (3f), James Kavanagh 1-1 (1f) (Ballymore), John O'Donoghue 0-1 (1f) (Kilcock), Dermot Earley (Sarsfields), Ken Donnelly (Ellistown)

Subs: Ronan Sweeney (Moorefield) Karl Ennis (Maynooth) Willie Heffernan (Nurney) Terry Rossiter (Carbury)

so we have flanno, his style would be suited to mcgeeney as he doesnt hold back and knows how to hit a good honest shoulder.

Still think we have no chance but Im lookin forward to the game.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

lynchbhoy

Is flanno Dicks son or Niall's brother?

Captain Scarlet

no relation. they are my crew!

his day is a galway man and he moved from confey when he was about 7.

has started well
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fifteen against Kildare from these, just three new faces:

Tyrone's National Football League squad 2008...

Dermot Carlin (Killyclogher)
Colm Cavanagh (Moy)
Sean Cavanagh (Moy)
Jonathan Curran (Coalisland)
John Devine (Errigal Ciaran)
Peter Donnelly (Coalisland)
Brian Dooher (Clann na nGael)
Conor Gormley (Carrickmore)
Niall Gormley (Trillick)
Ciaran Gourley (Rock)
Davy Harte (Errigal Ciaran)
Colin Holmes (Armagh Harps)
Kevin Hughes (Killeeshil)
Philip Jordan (Moy)
Cathal McCarron (Dromore)
Damian McCaul (Donaghmore)
Pascal McConnell(Newtownstewart)
Colm McCullagh (Dromore)
Michael McGee (Loughmacrory)
Enda McGinley (Errigal Ciaran)
Brian McGuigan (Ardboe)
Tommy McGuigan (Ardboe)
Joe McMahon (Omagh)
Justin McMahon (Omagh)
Ryan McMenamin (Dromore)
Ryan Mellon  (Moy)
Raymond Mulgrew (Cookstown)
Owen Mulligan (Cookstown)
Shaun O'Neill (Dromore)
Martin Penrose (Aghyaran)
P J Quinn (Moortown)
Martin Swift (Killyclogher)

And this is what Teamtalk say about the game on Saturday: 

Looking ahead to the Kildare tie, which actually falls on the fifth anniversary of Mickey Harte's first NFL assignment as Tyrone boss (which ended in a one-point defeat to Roscommon back in 2003), Tyrone look set to be without Sean Cavanagh, Peter Donnelly, Mickey McGee, Joe McMahon, Justin McMahon and team captain Brian Dooher for the visit of Kieran McGeeney's side.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Captain Scarlet

Just heard on local radio this mornin that anthony rainbow made his debut in omagh in 1990.
some going to be still knocking around. anyone of those lads from tyrone still playing much, just out of curiosity.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That's some going indeed Captain, wouldn't be too many of the Tyrone lads still playing I'd say, bar in the over 40s!

tyrone86

What age is Rainbow - must be at least 36 or 37 if he was playing in '90. Dooher has been around the panel the longest - since 96. Holmes would have been around during that period as well then you've a gap of a couple of years until the Minor teams of 97 and 98 started to make the panel.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat age is Rainbow?

Just turned 36 before Christmas and is rumoured to be in the running for Kildare captain although he denies it any time I ask him.

Lynchbhoy stop pretending you know anything about Kildare football, it's nearly 20 years old man since you last played here  :D
#newbridgeornowhere

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 28, 2008, 04:27:37 PM
Fifteen against Kildare from these, just three new faces:

So no place for Aidan McCarron. He has been knocking on the door for a while now and could argue he hasnt had a proper chance to shine (certainly in comparison to the likes of Peter Donnelly who hasnt thus far convinced for Tyrone despite plenty of opportunities)...McCarron was worth a game or two in in the league in my opinion.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Agreed, the only really questionable omission, I'd suspect that he faded somewhat in the final trials.

Dinny Breen

Rumour has it this is the probable Kildare Team for Omagh...

Murphy
O'Flaherty
McLoughlin
Bolton
Rainbow
O'Neill
White
Brennan
Mullarkey
Doyle
Conway
Kavanagh
Sweeney
Earley
Donnelly
#newbridgeornowhere

Tyrone Dreamer

Would like to see a few things tried out on Saturday night but obviously still win the game. Would be pleased with a team like this (injury permitting):
P McConnell
C Gormley
C McCarron
M Swift
R Mellon
R McMenamin
P Jordan
K Hughes
E McGinley
C Cavanagh
R Mulgrew
T McGuigan