Tír Eoghain vs Cill Dara NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 13, 2008, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

I suppose it depends on what yr hoping for from the NFL campaign.

I was always of the mind that too many new players in a team detracts from the overall cohesion of the unit and Tyrone are all about the unit working together.

If you give too many a head against Kildare and they lose................................

KIDDO

Tyrones own

Quote from: tyroneman on January 14, 2008, 01:45:13 PM
Don't think you can have too many new faces in for opener in the NFL

Assuming we will be without Sean Cav, Dooher, SON, Joe McMahon

Devine

PJ Quinn                           C McCarron                         Carlin

Ricey                                 Block                              Model

Colm Cavanagh              Hub

Enda                                 Mulgrew                          Tommy

Mugsy                                Snowy                           McCullogh

what's the latest on Niall Gormley?

What's the story on Sean?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

uselessfootballer

On the point of whether you should load an team in early NFL games with new or squad players, I think that the best policy is to always ensure that there is an established senior player on each line on the team (as a minimum), helping to maintain the shape and balance of the team and to give the newer players the best chance to bed-in and play to their potential. For that reason I would want to change the full-back line propossed by some posters as it is made up of 3 first season players. I think that Conor Gormley should begin the season at 3 and that the younger players such as C McCarron, D McCaul, PJ Quinn And Swift should be tried around him.

In midfield I would like to see Enda McGinley get a few games to try and establish a partnership with either Cavanagh. It's worrying that some posters are alluding to Sean being an early absentee, why is this?

Up front although it's painful to watch fumble around at times during early season games he needs to be played regularly to help him gain the fitness and sharpness needed for the championship as Mugsy at his peak will be vital particularly with the concerns surrounding Stevie.

My 15 for the Kildare match would be

1. Pascal

2. C McCarron 3. C Gormley 4. D McCaul

5. D Harte 6. Ricey or D Carlin 7. P Jordan

8. E McGinley 9. Sean or Colm Cavanagh

10. T McGuigan 11. R Mulgrew 12. R Mellon

13. C Mc Cullough 14. Colm Cavanagh or Shaun ONeill 15. Mugsy

Mix the old with the new

Uladh

Dinny - How are the storm troopers we sent down to ye getting on?

Dinny Breen

QuoteDinny - How are the storm troopers we sent down to ye getting on?

The palyers are loving it at the moment, everyone is getting an equal opportunity to impress, doing a lot of circuit training and pool work.  Seemingly the sessions are very varied and are a doing a lot of ball work. Kildare supporters are fickle but they'll get a easy ride this year it's next year that the knives will be out.

It will be interesting to see how they approach the League, the team against Tyrone will tell us a lot but they has a very tough year ahead of him..

Interesting he had a training weekend in the K-Club and surprisingly the players were allowed to have a few beers on the Saturday night, so far that side of things has been very relaxed.
#newbridgeornowhere

orangeman

The K club no less !!! That's how the other half live !!!!

mattockranger

sorry refresh my memory who's hub? i know but i don't know at the same time!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

anyone shed any light on niall mc ginn, just not good enuf for tyrone seniors or not bothered due to club and soccer wit dungannon?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 15, 2008, 09:48:46 PM
anyone shed any light on niall mc ginn, just not good enuf for tyrone seniors or not bothered due to club and soccer wit dungannon?

Apparently he's giving it two years with the Dungannon Swifts to see if he can break into it across the water, if not he'll commit to the football again.

Would like to see Hub being given a good run out in the League from the start, on reflection, he showed his form of old in patches last year, and the games might bring more consistency.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Niall Mc Ginn's first love would seem to be soccer - gaelic comes second - that's his choice and it has to be respected - Donaghmore aren't paying his wages - Dungannon Swifts are !

He is a fantastic talent who I think could make it for Tyrone.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 15, 2008, 10:30:51 PM
Would like to see Hub being given a good run out in the League from the start, on reflection, he showed his form of old in patches last year, and the games might bring more consistency.

Yeah I thought he looked back to his old self at times. If they could get just get him to stop his shoot on sight policy...there was a game or two when he actually played well but people were slating him because he racked up a good few wides ;D. As for the forthcoming league games its surely imperative we use them to establish a real option at FB. Cormac McGinley and Peter Donnelly were there in the league last season but neither look like they are capable of doing a job. Cathal McCarron seems to have done well in the McKenna, it would be good to give him a run of games. Block could do a job there but hard not to feel he is best at no.6. Id also like to see Aidan McCarron get a few games, been a class act for a while who for a variety of reasons hasnt had an extended chance. Hopefully his decent McKenna Cup form will see him get a run.

For what its worth here's my stab at a team for Kildare. Any word on when Dooher might be fit?

1.Devine
2.McMenamin
3.C.McCarron
4.McCaul
5.Harte/Carlin
6.Gormley
7.Jordan
8.McGinley
9.S.Cavanagh if fit, otherwise Hub
10.T.McGuigan
11.Mulgrew
12.C.Cavanagh
13.A.McCarron
14.Shaun O'Neill
15.Mulligan

rrhf

Niall Mc Ginn's first love would seem to be soccer - gaelic comes second - that's his choice and it has to be respected - Donaghmore aren't paying his wages - Dungannon Swifts are ! - Orangeman
Ha Ha ornageman ye old wind up merchant ye.  You have a good point Mc Ginns choice is and has to be respected, but just like you give your opinion that his first love appears to be soccor over Gaelic Ill give my opinion that he can potentially  make good short term money out of soccor, and who wouldnt  take up his opportunity and that why hes playing soccor. The swifts appear to be marketing him well, looking their big price, looking a killer sale -  Its really all about the money for them too isnt it. theres no poor county players about in Gaelic either.  Do you disagree Orangeman?

orangeman

Absolutely RRHF - The Swifts are investing in him and will want a return if that materialises - I'm not sure what you mean about poor county players ??

Mc Ginn is a fantastic talent and I'd love to see him play for Tyrone - I think he has the potential to have a very good inter county career.

Why do you reckon I'm winding you up ??  :D :D :D :D