omagh_gael

Quote from: tyroneman on February 01, 2008, 10:41:59 AM
The Kerry / Derry match is on Setanta,

its kerry v donegal on tg4 sat night

Star Spangler

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 01, 2008, 12:00:02 PM

The Kerry / Derry match is on Setanta,

its kerry v donegal on tg4 sat night
I thought TG4 no longer had the rights for NFL?

tyroneman

According to the schedules............................

Donegal v Kerry is on Setanta Ireland live, not TG4 - Saturday night

TG4 is live on Sunday with Galway v Laois and deferred coverage of Armagh v Cavan

ONeill

It's live on Q101.

Some change from this time last year. The all-singing all-dancing opener in Croke versus the Jackeens in front of 80'000 seems a distant memory. For the record, that team was -

P McConnell,
R McMenamin, C McGinley, M McGee,
D Harte, D Carlin, M Penrose,
M Murphy, S Cavanagh,
R Mulgrew, O Mulligan, C Cavanagh,
R Mellon, C Donnelly, E McGinley

Those in bold line out again.
Only Harte and Carlin hold position.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Penrose at LHB  - I'd just about blocked that one out from memory  ::)

Bensars

I think its going to be the pattern for the year, that all oppisition sides will field a big full forward line.

Unfortunately it has been causing significant problems

Fuzzman

How tall is swift and PJ Quinn? What about C.McCarron (Back lawn)
Would have thought McCaul would have got a CB slot or even full back
Doesn't he play FB for the Poly?

Unreal the amount of players still out injured this time of year isn't it

Anyone know what shape Mugsy is in?
Noticed even his reliable accuracy was letting him down more and more last year with missing loads of frees and don't mention the Meath game.
At least though he didn't go into hiding in that game despite so many wides.

How will Tommy fair at 14?
I've saw him live? Is he fast?

Anyone know if Setanta Ireland will show the highlights of other matches later in the week

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 01, 2008, 02:13:57 PM
How tall is swift and PJ Quinn? What about C.McCarron (Back lawn)
Would have thought McCaul would have got a CB slot or even full back
Doesn't he play FB for the Poly?

Unreal the amount of players still out injured this time of year isn't it

Anyone know what shape Mugsy is in?
Noticed even his reliable accuracy was letting him down more and more last year with missing loads of frees and don't mention the Meath game.
At least though he didn't go into hiding in that game despite so many wides.

How will Tommy fair at 14?
I've saw him live? Is he fast?

Anyone know if Setanta Ireland will show the highlights of other matches later in the week

PJ Quinn would be approching 6ft, Swift is slightly smaller but would have a better physique, McCarron would be the tallest of the three and possibly the most powerful (PJ could do with a bit more power for county football in my opinion).
Dont think Tommy is best suited to the full forward line in county football and would like to see him out around the half forward line. I have saw him excel in the full forward line for Ardboe but I think he is more effective out the field in county football where there is slightly more space. Tommy is very, very quick and an excellent athlete - there would not be too many on the tyrone panel quicker than him I would think.

tyroneman

QuoteNoticed even his reliable accuracy was letting him down more and more last year with missing loads of frees and don't mention the Meath game.

Mugsy's free taking has been atrocious for the county. He's been dining out on 2 massive frees against Kerry in 2003 and has missed from 15yards in the mckenna this year alone.

Tommy has all the makings of a scoring forward - accurate, can take points from anywhere, is willing to try points from anywhere and is very nippy.

Star Spangler

QuoteTommy is very, very quick and an excellent athlete - there would not be too many on the tyrone panel quicker than him I would think.

All the more reason for him in the full forward line.  He's an ideal corner forward imo.  It's also worth remembering that the best full forwards aren't necessarily good fielders but are good ball winners.  A full forward catch technique is usually from a standing start where a midfield has a run-up.  The best player for standing start catches are strong and not easy moved from their spot under the dropping ball and they don't necessarily need to be higher in the air to still win the ball.   That's why I'd argue that Mugsy's best position is at full forward and not half forward.  The way he won the ball in the 2005 All Ireland before feeding it off to Canavan is a good example of a good full forward.

Tyrones own

QuoteHub hitting the ground running is unlikely. Takes him a while to get up to speed and we have now been waiting over 4 years for him to get there.

I know, it was wishful thinking on my part but if he doesn't i think he needs to be put out to pasture
  and maybe take Donnelly and Holmes with him, just how many chances should some of these lads get :-\
  Hughes will most likely never perform to the required level again imo and the other two are fantastic club footballers
  but that's about it.
  Harsh maybe but a team carrying  passengers don't win Championships IMO.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThe Tyrone v Kildare game isn't being televised unfortunately.

of course not !!  you dont seriously think this fixture could supplant Kerry v Donegal do you ?

red hander

'of course not !!  you dont seriously think this fixture could supplant Kerry v Donegal do you ?'

See Kerry's obsession with Tyrone goes on...