Eircom league and IFA soccer

Started by his holiness nb, January 09, 2008, 06:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 10, 2008, 04:56:43 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 10, 2008, 04:52:43 PM
Back on topic we are still waiting for someone to step up and admit they dont like Irish soccer due to "patriotism" to the GAA. But ye dont mind English soccer.

Come on guys, ye know who ye are, own up!!

Maybe you should do a poll so people can vote ..I'm  pretty sure that there is posters here who feel that way..

Nah I tend to avoid polls on issues like this, they are too easily abused, for example guys who arent GAA fans but are members of this site might vote on this when they really shouldnt, its a futile excercise.

There must be some poster though that feel that way, hopefully they will come forth.
Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on January 10, 2008, 03:35:08 PM
I dont have time to find it online right now, I had a flick through the hard copy a few years ago but I'm 99% sure it was UL. It was a LoI side, IC Football team, IC Hurling side and an AIL Rugby club first team squads and the results were clear. The Gaelic Footballers were the best on average, with hurlers best hand eye, rugby most upper body and soccer aerobically the fittest. There was a small mention in the press at the time IIRC.
Well memory and understanding of reports combined with subjective approach can be very faulty.
A quick read of the exhaustive Tralee study explains these matters objectivly.
Different strokes for different sports.

GalwayBayBoy

Back on topic we are still waiting for someone to step up and admit they dont like Irish soccer due to "patriotism" to the GAA. But ye dont mind English soccer.

Magpie Seanie is probably your man.

Big Man U fan but can't stand Sligo Rovers. ;D

his holiness nb

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 10, 2008, 06:07:59 PM

Magpie Seanie is probably your man.

Big Man U fan but can't stand Sligo Rovers. ;D

Now we are getting somewhere! Why dont you like them Seanie??
Ask me holy bollix

MW

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 10, 2008, 10:06:50 AM
Was Wardy not to blame for Ballymena's third goal in the 4-2 game.  Haven't got across to see him playing yet, but will do sometime.  Good to see that he is doing well, but he will be welcome back to Antrim if he wants. Still gets the odd game for Sarsfields.

He was but mind you most of our defence chipped in with crapness that day, as against Cliftonville. I think Sean should be an asset in the Glens side for years to come. (and more chance of silverware than playing for Anrim I would think :P)

McCabe would be in the Fermanagh panel (see link below) if he could commit. He may play later in the year. His father is a former Fermanagh manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7171979.stm

Interesting, didn't know that. Didn't see his debut for the Glens at Armagh but from what I hear were it not for Hamilton's hat-trick, McCabe would've been a cert for man of the match.

Doogie Browser

Seen an advert in the paper today for a Masters type tournament in the Ice bowl, it is for 'legend's' from both leagues.  Fail to see how this can work, attendances are poor enough so don't think there will be an appetite to watch an over weight bunch of fools losing their dignity (sounds like my 5 a side games!)

Tony hawks

Quote from: MW on January 11, 2008, 05:47:44 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 10, 2008, 10:06:50 AM
Was Wardy not to blame for Ballymena's third goal in the 4-2 game.  Haven't got across to see him playing yet, but will do sometime.  Good to see that he is doing well, but he will be welcome back to Antrim if he wants. Still gets the odd game for Sarsfields.

He was but mind you most of our defence chipped in with crapness that day, as against Cliftonville. I think Sean should be an asset in the Glens side for years to come. (and more chance of silverware than playing for Anrim I would think :P)

McCabe would be in the Fermanagh panel (see link below) if he could commit. He may play later in the year. His father is a former Fermanagh manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7171979.stm

Micheal Ward has just signed for Ballymena utd,we used to have a great wee player called stephen o`neill decided to go back to tyrone may have won some minor trophies with them...

Interesting, didn't know that. Didn't see his debut for the Glens at Armagh but from what I hear were it not for Hamilton's hat-trick, McCabe would've been a cert for man of the match.

The Real Laoislad

Was away for last weekend until tuesday and have been ridiculously busy work wise all week so only getting a chance too post this now..Not sure if anyone has posted something about it either
It was with extreme sadness i heard about Kilkenny City FC folding..I've supported them for a long time and went to matches whenever i was home and played underage for them as well
Pity because there was some great lads at the club..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

What could they do? The interest just wasn't there in the area for a senior team to operate.