Big Sam sacked

Started by ExiledGael, January 09, 2008, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Sky Sports News just reporting Newcastle have sacked Sam Allardyce. Never liked the man, Shearer anyone?

An Fear Rua

Oh Yes Please, Id love it, just love it, seeing that twat making a complete mess of it.
Its Grim up North

FermPundit

I didn't see this one coming  ;)

Big Sam's record from 24 games - 8 Wins, 10 Losses, 6 Draws

Newcastle are a shambles of a club. Everyone talks about Shearer yet he has no managerial experience but if Shearer doesn't take it who else will want it??
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 09, 2008, 05:50:16 PM
Oh Yes Please, Id love it, just love it, seeing that twat making a complete mess of it.

The most deluded club in the world, everything will end in tears. Could be career suicide for Shearer.

ildanach

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

FermPundit

BBC Sport

Boss Allardyce leaves Newcastle 

Newcastle have parted company with manager Sam Allardyce.
The club, currently 11th in the Premier League, said the decision had been reached by "mutual agreement".

Allardyce, who was in charge for just eight months, said: "I am disappointed to be leaving Newcastle but I wish the club all the best for the future."

Former captain Alan Shearer has been strongly linked with the post but chairman Chris Mort said: "A new manager has not yet been appointed."

First team coach Nigel Pearson will take charge of the team for Saturday's Premier League meeting with Manchester United.

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Leo

Put your money on a foreign appointment.
Fierce tame altogether

red hander

How can you expect success if you aren't willing to give a manager the time to get it right?

Newcastle should take a leaf out of Everton's book ... no doubt they'll be calling for Kevin Keegan's return, the Geordie idiots

Farrandeelin

I hope Shearer is put in place before Saturday if possible and for Utd to give them a right hiding.  ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Real Laoislad

Steve McClaren - Newcastle United
Sam Allardyce -  Republic of Ireland

You heard it off laoislad first  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Big Sam for Ireland? Thats interesting. I'd take him ahead of Venables.

I hope Shearer gets it and fucks up.
Hate that guy.
Ask me holy bollix

Onlooker

I'd say that Sam is a shoo in for the FAI  job.  He should know the scene well as a former Manager of Limerick, and as he has been sacked by Newcastle, the FAI will avoid any compensation payment.

inisceithleann

Newcastle sacked Bobby Robson for finishing 3rd and 4th in successive seasons for under achieving as far as I remember. Sums them up really.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

red hander

Merrion Square couldn't afford Allardyce and there's no way McClaren will get that job.

As for Shearer, I've always had a soft spot for him since he flattened that sc**bag Keith Gillespie in Dublin. 

Couple of mates met him at Cheltenham a few years back and he invited them into his tent to enjoy the hospitality.  They asked him about the Gillespie incident and he said the tr**p was out of order with two girls "who were young enough to be my daughter, and I never like the wee f***** anyway" .... he was, apparently, a gentleman...

Whitehair

Read the other day the new man would be getting 1m euro a year, would that be right? He would take that would he not plus a pay off from newcastle. His backroom team would be pretty expensive to employ though.