Nokia N95

Started by Minder, January 07, 2008, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

FermPundit

I've had the Nokia 6280 for the last 18 months but today I upgraded to the N95. Should have it on Wednesday. A couple of friends have the phone and they have been very positive about it.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Louis the Red

The N95 battery life is brutal, but the N95 8gig (Black version) is grand.  Have had it about a month and no problems to date.  It really is the 'dogs balls'!!!

balladmaker

Here's a review of the phone, warts and all.....all depends what you want from a phone.  The GPS thing seems a bit of a gimmick to me....

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/nokia-n95.htm

Minder

Quote from: Louis the Red on January 07, 2008, 06:18:14 PM
The N95 battery life is brutal, but the N95 8gig (Black version) is grand.  Have had it about a month and no problems to date.  It really is the 'dogs balls'!!!

The one im getting is "N95 + 8GB memory card", i take it this isnt the latest one,the black one is i think. Whats the difference? Forgive the ignorance........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

balladmaker

So lads....did you receive your new N95's?

What are your thoughts on the phone, does it meet expectations?

Minder

Quote from: balladmaker on January 14, 2008, 08:32:49 PM

I got it on Friday, its a serious piece of kit. Still getting to grips with it, if you use the GPS,WI FI etc much the battery is gone but its not as if we live in Siberia so electricity shouldnt be a problem to charge it. The only issue i have is with the GPS, i got a fix on my location within a minute or two but when i open it again now it is always where i got the original fix (my house), i asked a fella in o2 shop today and he said the GPS can be temperamental and can take about 5 minutes to get your location.

FermPundit

Quote from: balladmaker on January 14, 2008, 08:32:49 PM

Got the phone on Satuday and it is really good although I've been pretty busy and I haven't had time to see all that it can do.  When I upgrade my phone I always insist that it has so many applications but I honestly end up only using half of them. I'm going to make a real effort this time to make full use of this phone!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

stephenite

Lost the phone I had mid-contract and had been using a crappy little piece of crap that was in a drawer at home. Went to buy a new one last weekend, asked about the N95 8GB to buy new - AUS$1400.00 :o

Settled for something a little less fancy that still had the Bluetooth for connectivity to the new car radio

Norf Tyrone

I can get a barely 2nd hand nokia N80 for £70. Is that value for money, and any views on the phone. I really only need it for ringing, and texting, but the wee add ons at that price sound value for.

What ye think?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 07, 2008, 05:55:08 PM
Quote from: stiffler on January 07, 2008, 05:53:25 PM
I have had the Nokia n73 for almost a year and a half now, and it has broken on me about 4-5 times. Usually the speaker went in it, one time it turned itself off whenever someone called. I would not recommend this phone to anyone going on my experience.

What other phones out at the minute are worth a look? im due a upgrade next month. I found the n73 to be a bit bulky, i would prefer a smaller phone, something like the nokia 6300.

Is the n95 the phone with the GPS?

Yeah would agree it's a bit bulky alright...Fingers crossed i won't have any of these problems other N73 users have had

Oh no  :'(...My phone is starting to give problems
Anyone that rings me says they can hear an echo as they speak,basically they can hear back what they are saying to me....
I shouldn't have cursed it my crossing my fingers  :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

amallon

Minder - To get the GPS to connect make sure you slide the phone into the open position.  Hold it at a 45 degree angle to help speed up the initial GPS connection.  If you are trying to use it in the car it will need to be in the windscreen to get a clear view of the sky.  There is a diagram in the user manual which shows you the best way to use it.

Norf Tyrone - I had the N80 before the N95 and it was good enough phone.  Make sure you get one with the latest firmware as the earlier versions had serious bugs in them which would try the patience of a saint.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Minder

Cheers Amallon, have you ever used any of the updates from the Nokia site? i was gonna do it the other day but dont want to balls the whole thing up....

Uladh

What is the additional costs to use gps or the net or does it come off your monthly allowances?

Minder

Quote from: Uladh on January 17, 2008, 11:20:28 AM
What is the additional costs to use gps or the net or does it come off your monthly allowances?

GPS is free but is hard on the battery,on my tariff i get 1MB of internet usage free per month (they reckon its about 40 pages if your phone is 3G) or i can pay £7.50 a month for unlimited use.