Nokia N95

Started by Minder, January 07, 2008, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

I have an O2 XDA and the sister saw me using the Sat Nav on it - I installed Tomtom 6.0 on it. She wanted it on her N95 and when I tried to put it on I discovered that the N95 and Tomtom aren't compatible - not with the internal GPS anyway. You need to use an external bluetooth GPS to get it to work. Bit of a hassle!!  >:(

amallon

Minder - I've done the update from the Nokia site 3 or 4 times now without any problem.  Make sure you backup your phone to memory card first as everything is wiped during the firmware update. 

The GPS is free but if you want turn by turn voice guideance then you need to pay a subscription.  Its around £6 for a one off months subscription or £40ish quid for a years subscription.  Download the maps using Nokia Map Load from your PC using your home broadband connection before using it.  This way the phone will not need to be using its own GPRS or 3g connection to download maps for the area you are in when you are on the road.  It costs nothing to download maps using Nokia Map Loader and the maps of Ireland, Uk and the US are fairly up to date from what I can see.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

FermPundit

I was at the football last night and I spent ages looking for a stopwatch on my phone but couldn't find it. Am i just stupid or is there no stopwatch on this phone?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

FermPundit

Thanks for the link. Of all the things they have on this phone and no bloody stopwatch. I miss it at football matches!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

balladmaker

How are ye's getting on with your N95's after a month or so?  Still in love with it?

Minder

Quote from: balladmaker on February 18, 2008, 03:40:08 PM
How are ye's getting on with your N95's after a month or so?  Still in love with it?

Aye no problems whatsoever, going great guns. The WI FI capability is a great job, the only thing is sometimes when it is in my pocket it goes onto the internet without me knowing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

amallon

You can get the N95 to autolock.  Go into settings, general, security, phone and Sim card security.  Set the keypad autolock period. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Puckoon

I was just on bestbuy.com looking at unlocked phones, 749$ for this phone you are all talking about?! Is it worth the dough?

balladmaker

QuoteI was just on bestbuy.com looking at unlocked phones, 749$ for this phone you are all talking about?! Is it worth the dough?

I don't think any phone is worth that price irrespective of what features it has.  Contract would be the way to go.

ludermor

i lost the back cover of the N95 and cant find any replacement, Anyone any ideas? the cellotape is looking a wee bit cheap

ludermor

cheers for that sammy

fearsiuil

Was in O2 store today and Nokia N95 going to cost 329euro on contract  :o
Lad there told me that the iPhone is coming in tomorrow and is a better deal at 399euro  :o :o :o

The iPhone doesn't have a radio which is surprising. Is there any way to get these cheaper ?