Nokia N95

Started by Minder, January 07, 2008, 01:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: fearsiuil on March 13, 2008, 09:08:02 PM
Was in O2 store today and Nokia N95 going to cost 329euro on contract  :o
Lad there told me that the iPhone is coming in tomorrow and is a better deal at 399euro  :o :o :o

The iPhone doesn't have a radio which is surprising. Is there any way to get these cheaper ?

That couldnt be right, dunno what way it works down Mexico way but up here in the black north i got it free on an O2 contract, 1000 txts and 600 mins for £35 mth.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerrykeegan

just picked up an 8 gig one of these boys. Vodafone are doing 129 on a business contract. A serious piece of kit.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Minder

Aye it is a great job,i got mine in January on an 18 month contract so hopefully when i am due for an upgrade they will be giving the i phone free as an upgrade

balladmaker

Check out the below link from Vodafone.....why do they say 'Get the improved N95 8Gb now'???  What have they improved about the 8gb?

Also, why do Vodafone claim 'Only available at Vodafone'.....sure O2 have them as well!

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?go=phones.home

Minder

They have improved the battery,one of the weak points of the first N95,also the original N95 did not have 8GB as standard,In fairness 02 were giving you a free 8GB san disk memory card anyway.

balladmaker

QuoteThey have improved the battery,one of the weak points of the first N95,also the original N95 did not have 8GB as standard,In fairness 02 were giving you a free 8GB san disk memory card anyway.

I read the advert as if they had improved the actual '8Gb N95' itself from an earlier 8Gb release.  Why are Vodafone claiming that you can only get this phone on Vodafone when it is also available on the O2 website?

stew

I am in the business and there are ways to save batery life, you can for example cut your back light time down, this can add as much as 15% to your battery life and then there is charging the phone the right way. We dont sell Nokia anymore because we use a CDMA system as opposed to GSM which is what you lot roll with but I am familiar with them and you should only charge your phone when it needs to be charged and at least once a month let it run completely dead and then charge it overnight, this also adds to battery life.

One other genius move, if you talk less you have plenty of battery life, send texts.  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

amallon

Turning off bluetooth will give you good battary saving.

There is an N96 coming soon from Nokia.  Its supposed to be the new and improved version of the N95 and has 16GB of internal memory. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

balladmaker

The new N96 16Gb looks the business.....

amallon

The N96 is supposed to have a "DVB-H digital TV receiver" built into it.   How would this work?  Would you be able to get freeview?  

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Minder

Since i have had my Nokia 95 when checking my hotmail i have been able to look at it as you would on a PC but when i try and sign in now it has started asking me to "enable cookies", im not sure whether this has anything to do with hotmail becoming Microsoft Live but i am having to just use "mobile" Hotmail which as you can imagine is very basic. Anyone any ideas?

DirtyDozen12

just got the n95 8gb last saturday in carphone warehouse last sunday and i think its the shit!best phone i have ever seen-even the guy in car phone warehouse said he would far rather have it than the i phone!so many features its brilliant but you are nearly afraid to take it out of your pocket in public in fear of some whore mugging ye!think it was valued at 600 squid on play.com
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

pintsofguinness

QuoteAny advice gratefully accepted.

Surfing and posting on the gaaboard from your mobile is quite sad but looking up work calendars!! What?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Against the Breeze

Thinking of getting a new Nokia on Vodafone but N95 is way out of my price range.  Was looking at new 6500 or 6500 slider..Anyone any tips?

ziggysego

I've an N73 and regret it terribly.
Testing Accessibility