Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

magickingdom

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 07, 2008, 02:13:14 AM
Quote from: Seamus on June 07, 2008, 01:33:56 AM
Ireland's Attorney General Paul Gallagher is an attendee at the Bilderberg conference in Chantilly Virginal this weekend.

Under heavy security it is believed that Obama and Hillary Clinton had their private meeting at the premises last night. At this stage it seems almost a certainty that they will be on the Presidential, VP Democratic ticket. If that is the case Hillary will be President within two years.

Personally I feel that Joe Lieberman will be lame duck John McCain's running mate with Romney having an outside chance. We should know after the weekend.

How could Hillary be president in two years?

in seamus world these things are planned. just like jim corr

stew

Obama hasnt a chance in hell of winning this election. Thank God that baste billory got her arse kicked by Obama. ;D

Thanks democrats, you have handed the presidency to McCain. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Seamus

The O'Reilly disciple has spoken.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Hurler on the Bitch

Ref: Hillary said ... "She will suspend her campaign..." .. methinks as assassination is on the way... also the dual ticket.. just think .. Hillary being a woman could save the White House a fortune by cooking and cleaning, while Bill - in between blowjobs in the garden shed - could keep the gardens in good order...

J70

Quote from: stew on June 07, 2008, 09:31:20 PM
Obama hasnt a chance in hell of winning this election.

At this point, I think Obama has a tough task ahead of him. However, there are five months left, and McCain has been quietly left to his own devices to this point with all the attention on the Democratic race. The scrutiny hasn't even started on him yet, while Obama has been pounded for the past three months. He has crawled across the finish line, but at least Obama has the experience of beating the Clinton machine behind him, which he will need, given what is likely to come. A lot is riding on the VP choice for both. McCain, in particular, is trying to balance winning the hard right wing conservatives with maintaining his popularity among moderates of both sides, while Obama obviously has bridges to build to reunite the Dems.

DrinkingHarp

Obama hasnt a chance in hell of winning this election. Thank God that baste billory got her arse kicked by Obama. ;D

Stew,

if McCain beats Obama I will drive up and shovel the snow off your driveway on the inagural day.

The Republicans destruction of the econmy, the war, the deficit and over all ruination these past 8 years will put Obama in the White House.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Seamus

Heard Kathleen Sebelius is Obama's VP choice, she is 12/1 with Paddy Power at the moment
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

muppet

I think Dubya and co will reckon their bravado with the Ruskies should win it for McCain.

Unfortunately when the Russkies respond, not by escalating the phoney handbags, but by trading their oil in Euros (quickly followed by Iran and Chavez) and the dollar collapses, the US economy, banking system etc., will go with it (as will ours and the UK's). And I'm talking Zimbabwe not a mere recession.

The headbangers with no real options may, as usual, look to 'war' their way out of trouble but it would be quite a feat to simultaneously fight completely different wars in Iraq, Iran, Russia and Venezuela particularly with soup replacing oil as the top commodity.

But who cares as long as the GOP are in power, eh Stew?
MWWSI 2017

aontroim

Obama has chosen Joe Biden as his candidate for VP. He was a candidate for the Democrat nomination for a while until he pulled out of the race.  Here is what McCain says about him;

"There has been no harsher critic of Barack Obama's lack of experience than Joe Biden. Biden has denounced Barack Obama's poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing -- that Barack Obama is not ready to be President."

dodgy umpire

Biden is the best pick obama could have made. a very experienced candidate, he will attempt to nullify the criticism of obama about his lack of experience. a solid candidate with no drama
The Boys in Red and Black are back

J70

Just be prepared for endless reruns of Biden plagiarizing Kinnock in campaign speeches from '88, as well as his attacks on Obama's inexperience and his description of him as a clean-cut, intelligent black man in the primaries just gone. Biden is certainly very well qualified, but in the vicious world of American campaign politics, where substance means little in comparison to "gotcha" attacks and the amplification of fairly meaningless slips and gaffes, this choice could lead either way, particularly given Biden's verbosity and tendency towards the occasional gaffe. This campaign is going to be very nasty, despite both candidates original pledges to rise above it. I would not be surpised to see Obama contrast Biden's loss of his wife and baby in a car accident right after he originally won his senate seat with McCain's leaving his first wife when she was recovering from a car accident, although saner heads might prevail. Character is not an issue where Obama can easily score points against a man who spent five years as a POW.

Gabriel_Hurl

Anyone watch the 2 Clinton's speeches the last 2 nights?

The Democrats unifying?

The GAA

McCain can pull a master stroke here and nominate a woman as his running mate to woo the disenfranchised hillary fans

magickingdom

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 28, 2008, 03:06:40 PM
Anyone watch the 2 Clinton's speeches the last 2 nights?

The Democrats unifying?

obama might have a bit of a problem here. a poll taken before he selected his vp had 26% oh hillarys supporters not voting for him and one taken after he nominated biden showed 50% of hillarys 18m voters not voting for him (they were not all voting mccain, just not voting obama). i must say as one who was hoping hillary would get the nomination obama aint doing much for me, sure he beats bush hands down but so does mccain. it might be alot closer than some people think

J70

Quote from: The GAA on August 28, 2008, 03:12:57 PM

McCain can pull a master stroke here and nominate a woman as his running mate to woo the disenfranchised hillary fans

The has been speculation that the  governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, would be chosen by McCain (she's actually very attractive, in a glasses plus hair-tied back secretary kind of way! :P), but, unless I've missed something today, it seems at this stage to be between Romney, Pawlenty (governor of Minnesota) and, the wildcard, Joe Lieberman (I'd love it to be him as it would tear the party apart!).