The 2008 US Election thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 05, 2008, 06:08:28 AM

I honestly think the Church rhetoric will sink him in the end, could someone answer me how you
explain away 20 yrs of sitting in the pews listening to wright and co spewing that type of hatred
then think you can suddenly see the light and disassociate yourself from it because it suits at the present time,
was he not outraged with it 10 or 15 yrs ago? and if not, why not :-\
Can you imagine if he was running against a man with a history of involvement with the White supremacist or the like :o
He wouldn't see the light of day! The double standards in this country are sickening >:(
I also believe the only way Obama would consider Hillarious for VP would be if she divorced Bill, he couldn't keep his mouth shut
during her campaign, there's no possible way he'd keep his nose out of affairs in their administration.

How familiar are you with some of McCain's endorsers. He actually actively sought the endosement of Rev Hagee.

http://www.cjr.org/campaign_desk/the_mccainhagee_connection_1.php

Moose

Quote from: Seamus on June 05, 2008, 02:50:50 PM

Obama’s involvement in the Ford Foundation, if the truth were revealed will also hurt.

I had a laugh at the statement by Obama regarding his formation of a research team in order to come up with his running mate. The Bilderberg Group are meeting this weekend in Chantilly Virginia to decide this along with their criminal moves for the year ahead. The Athens meeting did not happen, it was a decoy that did not fool the likes of Jim Tucker.

It’s hard to know which of the three stooges are worse, Evil Hillary is well known at this stage and McCain is no war hero, he happens to be the very opposite.

To save America and the world we have to hope for a Ron Paul miracle, it is still not too late for people to wake up.

Jim Corr called he wants his conspiracy theory back

Tyrones own

QuoteHow familiar are you with some of McCain's endorsers. He actually actively sought the endosement of Rev Hagee.

I'm not exactly sure if you're making a direct comparison of Hagee and Wright and co but below
is a quote from your link which just about sums up my view on the situation.

"You see, I forgot that John Hagee married McCain and his wife, baptized his children, works on his campaign, is one of his greatest spiritual advisors and has been McCain's pastor for the past 17 years,

Your right, the parallels here are eerie. "
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Couldn't give a toss personally about Obama's reverend per se, particularly given the slew of religious whackjobs and bigots who are so prevalent in the US right wing and the Republican party. I just think he handled it badly.

magickingdom

anyone got any ideas as to who obama will pick for vp? if he picks clinton he cant keep his change argument going yet she has a very big gun to his head, she got 18m votes about 20 states and if she ran as an independant (not a hope) she'd kill off obama. does obama dumps change and picks hillary or try and grind it out without her?

off the ground

Quote from: magickingdom on June 05, 2008, 09:17:18 PM
anyone got any ideas as to who obama will pick for vp? if he picks clinton he cant keep his change argument going yet she has a very big gun to his head, she got 18m votes about 20 states and if she ran as an independant (not a hope) she'd kill off obama. does obama dumps change and picks hillary or try and grind it out without her?
john edwards could be a candidate. not sure if hillary wud want to be v.p. shell back him for sure but cud end up being a supreme court judge or something else

J70

Who will McCain go for?

That will have a big effect on his crossover appeal, which is pretty good. If he goes with someone to placate the rabid right, he will lose some of that.

Romney has been mentioned, but I am not sure a highly successful man like him go for being no. 2. There's the Mormon factor too...

magickingdom

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2008, 09:28:26 PM
Who will McCain go for?

That will have a big effect on his crossover appeal, which is pretty good. If he goes with someone to placate the rabid right, he will lose some of that.

Romney has been mentioned, but I am not sure a highly successful man like him go for being no. 2. There's the Mormon factor too...

your kidding j70 romney would jump at it. thats his ticket to the presidency and hes already spent $40m trying to get it. the mormon thing wont help tho even tho it shouldnt come into it

Quote from: off the ground on June 05, 2008, 09:24:40 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on June 05, 2008, 09:17:18 PM
john edwards could be a candidate. not sure if hillary wud want to be v.p. shell back him for sure but cud end up being a supreme court judge or something else

hillary has apparently said she is open to be obamas vp..

heganboy

I'm getting John McCain ads on this site...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

I see that, not exactly positive in questioning safety and the
  photo sure does him no favours, fine unbiased job whoever
  is behind it ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

David McKeown

I have thought from nearly the time he got the presumptive nominee moniker that McCain would pick Charlie Christ, seems to tick most of the boxes McCain would be looking for.  Democratic VP candidate still has me baffled though.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Crist isn't exactly a hardline right-winger though. The conservatives will probably have a fit if McCain goes with him.

Seamus

Ireland's Attorney General Paul Gallagher is an attendee at the Bilderberg conference in Chantilly Virginal this weekend.

Under heavy security it is believed that Obama and Hillary Clinton had their private meeting at the premises last night. At this stage it seems almost a certainty that they will be on the Presidential, VP Democratic ticket. If that is the case Hillary will be President within two years.

Personally I feel that Joe Lieberman will be lame duck John McCain's running mate with Romney having an outside chance. We should know after the weekend.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Seamus on June 07, 2008, 01:33:56 AM
Ireland's Attorney General Paul Gallagher is an attendee at the Bilderberg conference in Chantilly Virginal this weekend.

Under heavy security it is believed that Obama and Hillary Clinton had their private meeting at the premises last night. At this stage it seems almost a certainty that they will be on the Presidential, VP Democratic ticket. If that is the case Hillary will be President within two years.

Personally I feel that Joe Lieberman will be lame duck John McCain's running mate with Romney having an outside chance. We should know after the weekend.

How could Hillary be president in two years?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?