Previous topic - Next topic

Pick one and give a reason. Don't be bias as to who u support

C.Ronaldo
L.Messi
Kaka

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Carmen Stateside

Anyone see the lad Pato playing for AC Milan yesterday? Looks the part, have no doubt that he will be included in this type of poll very soon! Scored on his home debut were he partnered fellow Brazilian Ronaldo ( who scored 2) up front. See he got the number 7 shirt aswell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X3OqylhxFw

Leg End

His holiness i apolagise for the stupid coment but in my opinion to name a list as long as that without including ronaldo i find amazing that for anyone who watches football cant see that ronaldo deserves to be in there

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 14, 2008, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 14, 2008, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: Leg End on January 14, 2008, 04:45:01 PM
nonsence. we're talking form at the minute... your saying you'd have all these in your team be4 ronaldo, stop being stupid and talk serious football

This is about opinions leg end, I gave mine so dont appreciate your "stop being so stupid" comments.
If you arent capable of debating intelligently then I wont bother indulging you.

Speaking of "dont be stupid" arent you the one saying Ronaldo is better than Kaka?

Don't even try and argue with him his holiness he is just blinded by his United loyalty
The thing is he can only give facts on how Ronaldo is playing in the Premiership while Kaka is doing it on a World/European stage... for example just look at what Kaka won last year on a personal level

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007
FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007
Ballon d'Or: 2007 
FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2007
Toyota Award: 2007
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2007
World Soccer Player of the Year: 2007

Anybody that says that Kaka isn't the best player in the world really doesn't have a clue what they are on about..
Ronaldo may well go on to become the best but at the moment he ain't and until he starts doing it against the best teams in the world he will never be the best player in the World.
Kaka has proved it against all the big teams Ronaldo hasn't

as for LL saying i'm blinded by united loyality.. As was mentioned before andeven though i asked for it.. its virtually impossible to have an unbias poll... but at least i'm blinded by the loyality of the team i follow and not the view you scousers take that because you support liverpool  you can't say anything good about united or anything or anyone related to them ( i would have no probelm saying how good gerrard and torres are at the minute)... like rio ferdinand saying he's shite which means Sir Alex Ferguson and all England managers are wrong to pick him.... Roy Keane.. I'm sure shearer did make a dick out of him and i'm sure thats all keano can think about after captaining a side to a treble... all his premiership medals and fa cup medals... and now ronaldo... i'm sure there are alot more i could reference but couldnt be bother looking through them,,,,

then you go on to say about how its opinions and u cant disagree yet anybody who disagrees with you doesn't have a clue somewhat of double standards i think..

next thing i am not the only one saying that ronaldo is better i can see plenty of post above agreeing with me not to mention the poll results...
we're here for a good time, not a long time

The Real Laoislad

Quoteas for LL saying i'm blinded by united loyality.. As was mentioned before andeven though i asked for it.. its virtually impossible to have an unbias poll... but at least i'm blinded by the loyality of the team i follow and not the view you scousers take that because you support liverpool  you can't say anything good about united or anything or anyone related to them ( i would have no probelm saying how good gerrard and torres are at the minute)... like rio ferdinand saying he's shite which means Sir Alex Ferguson and all England managers are wrong to pick him.... Roy Keane.. I'm sure shearer did make a dick out of him and i'm sure thats all keano can think about after captaining a side to a treble... all his premiership medals and fa cup medals... and now ronaldo... i'm sure there are alot more i could reference but couldnt be bother looking through them,,,,

then you go on to say about how its opinions and u cant disagree yet anybody who disagrees with you doesn't have a clue somewhat of double standards i think..

next thing i am not the only one saying that ronaldo is better i can see plenty of post above agreeing with me not to mention the poll results...

Answers in order to the above highlighted comments
1)I have often said how much i admire Scholes and Giggs so get your facts right when you say i can't say anything good about United
2)Yeah these England managers really proved they knew what they were doing when they were at the helm  ::)
3) You couldn't bother finding anything else about Ronaldo or maybe there isn't anything else  ???
4) I think Kaka's awards over the last 12 months proves im right and your being biased
5) So 30 people on a internet poll are right and the Worlds journos/Mangers/Players were all wrong in voting Kaka into winning 7 awards for 2007,Or maybe it's because there is more biased United fans on this site or maybe you have a few other usernames  ;)

Im really getting tired of you now..At the end of the day i have provided facts and stats on why Kaka is the Worlds best player at this moment,Ronaldo is good and in the Top 5 and maybe he will one day become the best but he has yet to prove it against the worlds best teams which Kaka has done on many occasions including tearing Man United apart last season (that was a good night) :D
If you still believe Ronaldo is the best player in the world fair play to you for your loyalty but i disagree with you
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Leg End

If you still believe Ronaldo is the best player in the world fair play to you for your loyalty but i disagree with you

thanks and you are totally entitled to your opinion but i'll have to agree to disagree with u
we're here for a good time, not a long time

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 14, 2008, 11:00:24 PM
Quoteas for LL saying i'm blinded by united loyality.. As was mentioned before andeven though i asked for it.. its virtually impossible to have an unbias poll... but at least i'm blinded by the loyality of the team i follow and not the view you scousers take that because you support liverpool  you can't say anything good about united or anything or anyone related to them ( i would have no probelm saying how good gerrard and torres are at the minute)... like rio ferdinand saying he's shite which means Sir Alex Ferguson and all England managers are wrong to pick him.... Roy Keane.. I'm sure shearer did make a dick out of him and i'm sure thats all keano can think about after captaining a side to a treble... all his premiership medals and fa cup medals... and now ronaldo... i'm sure there are alot more i could reference but couldnt be bother looking through them,,,,

Answers in order to the above highlighted comments
1)I have often said how much i admire Scholes and Giggs so get your facts right when you say i can't say anything good about United
2)Yeah these England managers really proved they knew what they were doing when they were at the helm  ::)
3) You couldn't bother finding anything else about Ronaldo or maybe there isn't anything else  ???
4) I think Kaka's awards over the last 12 months proves im right and your being biased
5) So 30 people on a internet poll are right and the Worlds journos/Mangers/Players were all wrong in voting Kaka into winning 7 awards for 2007,Or maybe it's because there is more biased United fans on this site or maybe you have a few other usernames  ;)

Im really getting tired of you now..At the end of the day i have provided facts and stats on why Kaka is the Worlds best player at this moment,Ronaldo is good and in the Top 5 and maybe he will one day become the best but he has yet to prove it against the worlds best teams which Kaka has done on many occasions including tearing Man United apart last season (that was a good night) :D

But not as good as the final  8)

LL everone is basis towards there own club...some people more than others (like you saying carragher is better than Rio)

The Real Laoislad

Or you saying Rio is better that Carra  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

Are you saying you know more than the last 3 england mangers and all the players that picked last years team of the year  :D :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: new devil on January 14, 2008, 11:50:51 PM
Are you saying you know more than the last 3 england mangers and all the players that picked last years team of the year  :D :D

Why oh why oh why do United fans always bring in the England thing when they are talking about Ferdinand  ???
For the last time....The last few England managers didn't do anything to suggest they knew what they were doing when it came to picking a English team and not that i care anyways...
Carra is a better defender than Rio...Rio is a flair player,He has probably more raw footballing skills than Carra i would agree with that,and i fairness he gets the odd goal but he is also just as liable to f**k up and if you can't see that Carra is a better defender than Rio because remember defending is their primary job then you really do have the blinkers on..
Vidic is a brilliant defender and if it wasn't for him Rio wouldn't look or be half as good as people think he is..
The Vidic/Rio partnership reminds me of the Phil Babb/Paul Mcgrath situation when Babb was playing for Ireland....
Now before ye throw your toys out of the pram im not saying Rio is as bad as Babb but Mcgrath made Babb look good
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

The reason we go back to the England thing is because thats the yardstick that these players are measured at!!

Catch your self on man...carragher is a good defender with a big heart but hes to slow...sure even sol campbell was on the England team before him

Why was Rio on last year team of the year if hes so bad..you have the worst case of ABU Ive ever seen

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: new devil on January 15, 2008, 01:06:09 AM
The reason we go back to the England thing is because thats the yardstick that these players are measured at!!

Catch your self on man...carragher is a good defender with a big heart but hes to slow...sure even sol campbell was on the England team before him

Why was Rio on last year team of the year if hes so bad..you have the worst case of ABU Ive ever seen

Why  ???  Because i disagree with you over a player  ??? Will that be your answer to everything from now on when we have a disagreement over players just because i don't agree with you I'm suddenly a ABU  ::)
I thought it was all a matter of opinions but seemingly not....
Believe me i don't care enough about United to hate them with such passion i prefer to direct my energy towards supporting my own team,And if Rio was a Liverpool player (god help us) i would be saying the same thing at least i can be honest and call a spade a spade..I have often slated Liverpool players when i think their not good enough
So maybe you should catch yourself on and realise it's not all about United it's about soccer and various opinions on things i never bring who they play for into consideration when I'm judging a player so get off yer high horse and stop thinking the world revolves around Man United
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thewobbler

QuoteCarra is a better defender than Rio...Rio is a flair player,He has probably more raw footballing skills than Carra i would agree with that,and i fairness he gets the odd goal but he is also just as liable to f**k up and if you can't see that Carra is a better defender than Rio because remember defending is their primary job then you really do have the blinkers on..

Laoislad, it simply isn't possible to debate football with you, as you seemingly cannot take the blinkers off when it comes to Liverpool. Your frankly ridiculous argument can be flipped on its head ffs. Carragher would look an infinitely better player if he had someone of Ferdinand's ability alongside him, just the same way Vidic does. The sheer class of Ferdinand allows stoppers to get on solely with what what stoppers should do, i.e. disrupt play. They don't have to worry about things like organising a defence, or what happens when a ball is played over their head, or what to do if their keeper wants an outlet for a counter attack, or about the pace of the opposing forwards, as Rio is there to bail them out every time. I would sum them up as this: Ferdinand is truly a world class defender who would improve any team, Carragher is an extremely honest stopper who will nevr let you down.

Hank Everlast

as much as i dont like him, ronaldo is currently the best player in the world!

AZOffaly

Quoteyou scousers take that because you support liverpool  you can't say anything good about united or anything or anyone related to them

I resent that remark. Granted I know a lot of Liverpool fans who can't stand United, but I also know a lot more Liverpool fans who have great respect for United and for the way they play and the success they've had. That is not to say they wouldn't love to 'knock them off their f*cking perch' (A. Ferguson re. Liverpool, 1986).

Manchester United are Liverpool's greatest rivals, and vice versa (with respect to Everton and Man City), and it will always be thus. And in the same way that United used Liverpool as their yardstick when Alex Ferguson took over, Liverpool now use Manchester United as theirs because United have unquestionably been the most successful and best team in England in the last 15 years at least.

There will always be disagreement between them because the rivalry is so intense, and because when one is doing well, the other is typically languishing a bit. But I would like to think that most Liverpool fans can see that United play a lovely brand of football, and are also very well organised and efficient. They are the model for a successful team. To say that LFC fans can't say anything good about United or players like Vidic, Scholes, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Giggs, Keane, Hughes, Schmeichal, et al is wrong in my opinion.

As to the poll in this thread, I voted Kaka. My vote was based on they question 'If you had the money, which of them would you buy if you could only buy 1'. That is a long way from saying that Ronaldo is not a good player. In fact based on this season, Ronaldo is playing better than either of the other 2. He lets himself down sometimes with the diving, and also the fact that he hasn't really delivered in the big games, but I don't see any argument in saying that Ronaldo is having the best season of any of the three.

So, if the question is as I posed above, I would answer 1-Kaka, 2-Messi, 3-Ronaldo (and I struggle to think of any other player breaking into that big 3 at the moment). If the question was regarding the current season and their form, I would say 1-Ronaldo, 2-Messi, 3-Kaka.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Leg End on January 14, 2008, 10:40:31 PM

and not the view you scousers take that because you support liverpool  you can't say anything good about united or anything or anyone related to them 

I dont support Liverpool, I dont support anyone, if I was to pick a favourite team it would be Sheffield Wednesday.
And I am not an ABU, I had Tevez and Scholes on that list too.
Ask me holy bollix