Philistine Nation

Started by Pangurban, December 27, 2007, 07:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangurban

Just two items from RTE news today, which each in there own way point up how we are now a society that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
The way has now been cleared for the construction workers to begin the demolition of part of Tara, the facilitate the construction of yet another road.
Pupils in the Kerry Gaeltacht area of Dingle, are protesting about having to learn through the medium of Irish. Its not true that their parents are protesting about having too accept Gaeltacht development grants.
As we continue our decline from nation status to corporate status, with little culture and few values left to auction, it occurs to me that we might do well if we could persuade the good old U.S.A. to assimilate us officially as one of there states, thus regulating the lives of our emigrants, bringing us cheaper prices, and allowing us to vote for a government that actually does something. Some of you might prefer to sell out to a France or some other European Nation, i would be open too that, but dont think they could afford us.

red hander

This truly depresses me, and i've 12 pints of stout on board

magickingdom

firstly should this be in the non gaa section pangurban?

secondly, that shower in dingle should never have been grant aided in the first place and any grants should be stop immeadiately, they'd be speaking polish tomorrow if there was a cent in it.

and finally, love the joining the USA bit. think it would be great if they would have us  :D

Lecale2

I believe there was a movenment in the 1920s advocating Ireland (26 Counties) as a state of the USA. They way things are going it looks like they have had their wish.

muppet

QuoteI believe there was a movenment in the 1920s advocating Ireland (26 Counties) as a state of the USA. They way things are going it looks like they have had their wish.

They were called the PD's but they are extinct now.

Quoteit occurs to me that we might do well if we could persuade the good old U.S.A. to assimilate us officially as one of there states,

Dear God no! It's bad enough watching Dubya doin' his "Ma fella 'mericans" speeches without him actually refering to me.

Dunno why but all this talk of voluntary colonisation reminded me of this (I think its the original from the book):
It's nae good blamin it oan the English
fir colonising us.  Ah don't hate the
English. They're just wankers. We are
colonized by wankers.  We can't even
pick a decent, vibrant, healthy culture
to be colonized by.  No. We're ruled by
effete arseholes.  What does that make
us?  The lowest of the fuckin low, the
scum of the earth.  The most wretched,
servile, miserable, pathetic trash that
was ever shat intae creation.  Ah don't
hate the English.  They just git oan wi
the shite thuv goat.  Ah hate the Scots.

MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

Quotedemolition of part of Tara

i presume from such a moronic statement you are just looking for a row so here goes .
the road that is being built is one and a half miles from the hill of tara . ( a hill by the way that thoug the reputed home of the high kings has given up very little f its treasure . un like the many sites this road has caused to be excavated. all of these site are being preserved by record for all time. The road is being built so real people in modern Irelnad can go about their real life .
these is a small minority who are trying to over rule the express wishes of the local people through a persistent and  insidious campaign of  letter writing and pr stunts who seem to have a poor understanding or compassion of the commuters traveling to work every day whi they seem to see annoyances to their pursuit of the preservation of their vision of Yeats' Celtic vision
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Gnevin

Stop f**king moaning, i am f**king sick of the listen to moaner would you be happier if it was the 80's and we where all poor or blowing the shit out of each other . Don't forget where we came from you moaning **** !
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

zoyler

Not often I agree with Rosnrun and he could have added in the waste of millions of taxpayers moneys my purposly pennyless protesters taking cases to the High & Supreme Courts whgich they know they are going to loose put which we have to pay for plus the escalating cost of the project.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gnevin on December 28, 2007, 01:21:58 AM
Stop f**king moaning, i am f**king sick of the listen to moaner would you be happier if it was the 80's and we where all poor or blowing the shit out of each other . Don't forget where we came from you moaning **** !

Let it out Gnevin, speak your mind, don't bottle it up  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

England is bad
France is not good either

But joining the USA is a step too far

So have a nice day !!!!!!!!!!!

Ye all  ;) :D ;D ;D

Zapatista

A decent rail service and some political will would solve the problem.

I think the only reason we wanted the Brits out was to give ourselves the chance to live like them.

Don't worry about the Cluture. We can always pick and choose where our Culture starts. It's now traditional to have Christmas Crackers with Christmas Dinner, it might soon be part of our Culture too.

Orior

Taxi for Drici! Taxi for Drici!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Quote from: drici on December 28, 2007, 03:22:12 PM
It's better while you are telling it if you are holding an imaginary steering wheel in your hands and glancing over your left shoulder(unless you are in France or Italy or somewhere like that which would leave you looking out the window of your imaginary car)

Horse and carts are universal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Pangurban

Sadly Rosnarun,G.Nevin and zoyler exemplify my point, we have become so mercenary, moronic and witless, to the point that we are beyond redemption. Someone once said there is no slave worse,than the one who licks his chains. Your Granchildren will regret your ignorance

ONeill

I'm doing my bit Pangur. I've started to bake soda bread.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.