Sporting or other person you admire that you really shouldn't

Started by T Fearon, December 21, 2007, 01:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I almost got to admiring that little cnut Ally McCoist one time while watching a Question of Sport. It was an alarming experience and to ensure it wiouldn't occur again I quit watching the programme for the entire period that he was a team captain. I kid you not. Thankfully his homing instinct has drawn him back to where he belongs so I can happily watch it again.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Barry Ferguson - he plays with his heart on his sleeve for the Hun, gives 110%
Tbc....

magickingdom

alex ferguson in the sporting context and peter robinson of the dup in politics. i also think in time george bush jr will be seen in a better light

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: magickingdom on December 22, 2007, 02:57:08 PM
i also think in time george bush jr will be seen in a better light
And what makes you think that? Lets look at what he's achieved. He started a war to:
1  get rid of a despot who killed thousands of innocent people (with materials supplied by USA) and ended up creating civil war in which far more innocents were killed, 
2  keep the price of oil down and ended up with it now being three times more expensive
3  get rid of Al Kiedia and ended up creating a training ground for them

He also pandered to big business and refused to sign any treaty on global warming until a couple of weeks ago and continues to turn a blind eye to Israeli atrocities in Palestine.

Hard to see how anyone in the future can judge him as anything other than a maniac.

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Drumanee 1

Puckoon

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

magickingdom

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on December 22, 2007, 03:21:35 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on December 22, 2007, 02:57:08 PM
i also think in time george bush jr will be seen in a better light
And what makes you think that? Lets look at what he's achieved. He started a war to:
1  get rid of a despot who killed thousands of innocent people (with materials supplied by USA) and ended up creating civil war in which far more innocents were killed, 
2  keep the price of oil down and ended up with it now being three times more expensive
3  get rid of Al Kiedia and ended up creating a training ground for them

He also pandered to big business and refused to sign any treaty on global warming until a couple of weeks ago and continues to turn a blind eye to Israeli atrocities in Palestine.

Hard to see how anyone in the future can judge him as anything other than a maniac.

all i said was a better light not a great light! (mq you have to look at the title of the thread for the context in which i inc him)and i agree with your point re isreal in particular..