'Twas the night before Christmas… in Kerry

Started by Kerry Mike, December 21, 2007, 01:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

So look, no arguments about two things. First-kerry=great football county, two=kerry competing in Leinster or Ulster historically=many less All Irelands. Happy Christmas

Seasons greetings Mike. See above which hardly constitutes "trying to take away from Kerry's achievements"-I think this thread became a debate about the relative merits of Kerrys achievements which are substantial but devalued somewhat by the fact that they had a practically free ride at provincial level for countless years. So by way of myself and others trying to restate the obivous for the umpteenth time lets take a very simple analogy from the Garrison game-FA cup=ok Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal=you lot come in from the Third Round; United and Tottenham we'll give you lot a bye to Round Six, all other things being equal it doesn't take much to work out who is most likely to come out tops over a period of several years.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

red hander

Watched 'The Green and the Gold' last night on TG4, about the history of Kerry football from the formation of Laune Rangers to the present day.  Great stuff and some magnificent Kerry teams, but 2005 seems to have been completely banished from the history books in a bout of Stalinism from the Animals ... and who said youse boys were bad losers :D

Porterbelly

If we were we could have mentioned how much we were down at half time in '86 and how much we won by  ;D

johnpower

Quote from: red hander on December 26, 2007, 11:25:55 AM
Watched 'The Green and the Gold' last night on TG4, about the history of Kerry football from the formation of Laune Rangers to the present day.  Great stuff and some magnificent Kerry teams, but 2005 seems to have been completely banished from the history books in a bout of Stalinism from the Animals ... and who said youse boys were bad losers :D

I would suggest that you contact TG4 or RTE and suggest a program on Tyrones 2003 and 2005  campaign

Kerry Mike

Jaysus I had some skelp of porter on me last Friday evening, but ye got off lightly, I'm a happy drunk.

Quotebut 2005 seems to have been completely banished from the history books

Not at all we dont want to be seen as being too greedy, but only for that wee baldy fecker we'd be away chasing another 5-in-a-row in 08.

The last Finuge man to captain us, Jimmy Deenihan, and we won a 4-in-a-row way back in the year of our Lord and 1981, and we have another Finuge man in 08, the bould Paul Galvin to hopefully lead us to a new treble.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Aaron Boone

That was some lament from KM (on page 1 of the thread) .