'Twas the night before Christmas… in Kerry

Started by Kerry Mike, December 21, 2007, 01:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 21, 2007, 01:03:58 AM
The Tyrone and Armagh boys had ran out of luck
Not for the first time they weren't worth a f**k

An echo of our own sentiments about Kerry in this decade in 2005 no less (thankfully)!  ;)

Maith thú KM, lean ar aghaidh!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Look, instead of lambasting the talented bard that is km why dont you Tyrone bies did deep into your
rich vein of misery and come up with a counter-classic. May I suggest "I got those quarter final blues" or "Hey buddy,
got a spare quarter (final) "

Perhaps the Down lads can chime in with Doors inspired version of "We've been Down so goddamn long, it feels like crap to me"

Aaron Boone

Championships come handy when you don't have a serious game until August.

Kerry Mike

QuoteAny balls on thon Kerry tree, KM?  Cos I've never seen any on your team when they play the men from the bushes...

Youse were running back to the bushes in 1986 for a good shite or were youse waiting for Armagh to invent yon/thon winning football for youse.

I hate reverting to history but show me the balls in 1986 when in Croke Park on that fine September day, when Kerry did whoop some Tyrone ass with a team of old and crippled men by the considerable score of  Kerry 2-15 Tyrone 1-10 .

Besides 2007, t'was one of the easiest All Irelands we have ever won out of the 36 in total. 

QuoteSorry but such self indulgent crap - don't give up the day job Mike

Thanks but f**k off and have a happy Christmas.

QuoteHave you boys nothing better to do at this time of year?

NO.

There are only so many times you can count to 35... did you know the last Finuge man to captain Kerry led us to 4 in a row , Paul Galvin will only lead us to 3.

QuoteKerry my ar*e, Monaghan till I die...

Ye had a great chance to bate us this year and ye blew it..... just like 1985 . But no gain without the pain. I know there is at least an Ulster title in that team.

QuoteChampionships come handy when you don't have a serious game until August.

yerra, tis great boy,  but what a load of bollixology, our toughest games have always been against Cork and we bate them twice this year, but since Football was re-invented  in 2001with the quarter finals we have won 7 from 7 quarters and played in 5 All Ireland Finals winning 3. I dont know what miserable county you hail from but if you think Championships come easy to us may I suggest spending 1 year in the Kerry training camp.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

GalwayBayBoy

Quoteour toughest games have always been against Cork

I'd hate to see ye're easiest games. ;D

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Kerry Mike on December 22, 2007, 01:43:14 AM
QuoteAny balls on thon Kerry tree, KM?  Cos I've never seen any on your team when they play the men from the bushes...

Youse were running back to the bushes in 1986 for a good shite or were youse waiting for Armagh to invent yon/thon winning football for youse.

I hate reverting to history but show me the balls in 1986 when in Croke Park on that fine September day, when Kerry did whoop some Tyrone ass with a team of old and crippled men by the considerable score of  Kerry 2-15 Tyrone 1-10 .

Besides 2007, t'was one of the easiest All Irelands we have ever won out of the 36 in total. 

QuoteSorry but such self indulgent crap - don't give up the day job Mike

Thanks but f**k off and have a happy Christmas.

QuoteHave you boys nothing better to do at this time of year?

NO.

There are only so many times you can count to 35... did you know the last Finuge man to captain Kerry led us to 4 in a row , Paul Galvin will only lead us to 3.

QuoteKerry my ar*e, Monaghan till I die...

Ye had a great chance to bate us this year and ye blew it..... just like 1985 . But no gain without the pain. I know there is at least an Ulster title in that team.

QuoteChampionships come handy when you don't have a serious game until August.

yerra, tis great boy,  but what a load of bollixology, our toughest games have always been against Cork and we bate them twice this year, but since Football was re-invented  in 2001with the quarter finals we have won 7 from 7 quarters and played in 5 All Ireland Finals winning 3. I dont know what miserable county you hail from but if you think Championships come easy to us may I suggest spending 1 year in the Kerry training camp.

:D fair play Kerry mike its a pity the politicians didn't answer the questions like you anyway the pints must have been good last night ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magickingdom

thats a beautiful poem km, brings a tear to my eye  ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: magickingdom on December 22, 2007, 12:11:29 PM
thats a beautiful poem km, brings a tear to my eye  ;)

Brings a tear to my eye too, but not for the same reason!!   :-\

Top stuff there Mike - it made me and my da guffaw!!!   ;D

Aaron Boone

Winning 7 from 7 quarters is a good statistic, but the point is that's where Kerry's default starting point is each year now. Other provinces battle it out to avoid rounds of qualifiers - Kerry (and Cork) have no need to as they will be in the final 12 each year. Training can be specifically tailored to reach peak fitness in August. Cork also have a decent record in their quarter finals.

Kerry would still be top of the tree regardless what structure they have to face 8), but their number of All-Irelands would perhaps be closer to Dublin's 22. If Kerry were in a province with the likes of Roscommon, Derry or Kildare, then some year these teams would beat them. It wouldn't happen very often but it would happen sometime - like the way shocks happen in Connacht, Ulster and Leinster. Current set-up gives the default into the final 12/quarters regardless as Cork is the only serious game before August. And the last time you were in the 12, you got a handy one in Longford at home.

red hander

Aaron Boone

Frank Casey

To my slightly older twin brother - well done old stock.

Tee Hee come on the three ;D ;D ;D
KERRY 3:7

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWinning 7 from 7 quarters is a good statistic, but the point is that's where Kerry's default starting point is each year now. Other provinces battle it out to avoid rounds of qualifiers - Kerry (and Cork) have no need to as they will be in the final 12 each year. Training can be specifically tailored to reach peak fitness in August. Cork also have a decent record in their quarter finals.

Kerry would still be top of the tree regardless what structure they have to face , but their number of All-Irelands would perhaps be closer to Dublin's 22. If Kerry were in a province with the likes of Roscommon, Derry or Kildare, then some year these teams would beat them. It wouldn't happen very often but it would happen sometime - like the way shocks happen in Connacht, Ulster and Leinster. Current set-up gives the default into the final 12/quarters regardless as Cork is the only serious game before August. And the last time you were in the 12, you got a handy one in Longford at home.

of course,the fact that Cork alone (one county) has almost half the AI of Ulster combined doesn't factor into your calculations...ever heard of the expression that its quality (of good teams), not the quantity (of mediocore teams), that counts...

..but, sure, I have a turkey to tackle so there's no point quibbling over the relative merits of the provinces...merry xmas to all our friends in Ulster. Let the the battle for dominance begin again next year.

anglocelt39

of course,the fact that Cork alone (one county) has almost half the AI of Ulster combined doesn't factor into your calculations...ever heard of the expression that its quality (of good teams), not the quantity (of mediocore teams), that counts...

think it's time you got some batteries for the calculator as an xmas pressie
Mike. Let me take those retired giants of Ulster football as a start, Cavan 5, Down 5, ok lets stop before we go Armagh, Tyrone, Donegal, Derry.

And the few oul yokes won by Cork carry the same taint as has been elequently hung on those hard won trophies of the kingdom, when you don't have to get out of bed before August to entertain the prospect of competing for Sam at any meaningful level, well of course you have some sort of chance of eventually annexing something.

So look, no arguments about two things. First-kerry=great football county, two=kerry competing in Leinster or Ulster historically=many less All Irelands. Happy Christmas.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Mike Sheehy

Its a great mystery how your own county could only manage to turn 5 of those 39 Anglo celts into All-Irelands ?
....perhaps you'd care to explain that one Anglocelt39 instead of trying to take away from Kerrys achievements.