Will the grants stop you volunteering for your club/county??

Started by DUBSFORSAM1, December 14, 2007, 04:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the grants stop you volunteering for your club/county??

Yes
20 (33.9%)
No
39 (66.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: December 24, 2007, 04:32:29 PM

DUBSFORSAM1

Not wanting to create even more discord and disharmony on this board than I normally do but considering the main claim is that the grants will lead to a reduction in volunteers etc due to the creation of a 2 tier GAA I just wondered how many people hear would quit volunteering?

his holiness nb

Jesus not another one!!!!  ::)

This is pointless, you will have guys who dont volunteer voting both ways to bolster their argument.

A pointless thread unless we know the voters are volunteers, and as posters are anonymous this is impossible.

I do volunteer, but wont vote in this one as its a useless excercise.
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

The outcome of this poll could be used by somebody to distort the picture.

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2007, 05:13:37 PM
The outcome of this poll could be used by somebody to distort the picture.

Thats why I am not voting. As the votes cannot be possibly taken as genuine either as its inevitable that people who dont volunteer anyway will vote depending on which side of the argument they are on.
Ask me holy bollix

GalwayBayBoy

Man I'm looking forward to the league more than ever this year. ;D

Pangurban

I have informed Ross Carr that i will not be available for selection this year, as i object to playing alongside or against semi-professionals. I know my decision will impact severely upon Downs chances of success at the highest levels next year, but sacrifices must be made to maintain integrity

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Pangurban on December 14, 2007, 10:34:19 PM
I have informed Ross Carr that i will not be available for selection this year, as i object to playing alongside or against semi-professionals. I know my decision will impact severely upon Downs chances of success at the highest levels next year, but sacrifices must be made to maintain integrity

;D

I think Jesus himself, along with St. Peter and St. Michael (I hear the 3 of them form a high-flying half forward line) could turn out for gods county and it wouldn't make a difference.

We're mince and gonna win nothing for the forseeable future.   :(
i usse an speelchekor

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 15, 2007, 12:48:39 PM
I think people need to be realistic here. The amounts of money involved for teams like Louth and Down will be very insignificant, probably around €1500. Not a life changing amount by anyones standards.

But enough to strike for.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

his holiness nb

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 14, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 14, 2007, 06:04:16 PM
Man I'm looking forward to the league more than ever this year. ;D

The vast majority of moaners wouldnt know that the league existed.

::)
The vast amount of pro grant people dont go to league games.
See this is easy   ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 15, 2007, 02:28:38 PM
I think people need to be realistic here. The amounts of money involved for teams like Louth and Down will be very insignificant, probably around €1500. Not a life changing amount by anyones standards.

Agreed POG, why the fcuk did the GPA threaten to strike if the amounts are so minuscule?
What annoys me is the fact that the GPA and their supporters think that county players are better or worth more then the average GAA player or fan!  >:(
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 15, 2007, 07:16:45 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on December 15, 2007, 04:00:45 PM
The vast amount of pro grant people dont go to league games.
See this is easy   ;)

The majority of the anti-grant camp will have forgotten about their principals by the time the summer comes.

That's what the pro-grant contingent are sincerely hoping, because if the majority of the anti-grant camp don't forget their principles the GAA will suffer massively as a consequence, since the substrate of amateur volunteerism, without which there could never be any 'elite', will haemorrhage. And that's what some (currently in denial) should waken up to sharpish, before it's too late.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maximus Marillius

Tell you what...if any menber stops volunteering over the grants then we as an organisation will just manage just find without them. Make no mistake about. Say to them, we respect your opinion, but move on so that we can get on with the work at hand.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 16, 2007, 05:56:45 PM
Tell you what...if any menber stops volunteering over the grants then we as an organisation will just manage just find without them. Make no mistake about. Say to them, we respect your opinion, but move on so that we can get on with the work at hand.

Just like the rugby, eh? What an unqualified success that has been.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 16, 2007, 05:27:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 15, 2007, 02:28:38 PM

Agreed POG, why the fcuk did the GPA threaten to strike if the amounts are so minuscule?
What annoys me is the fact that the GPA and their supporters think that county players are better or worth more then the average GAA player or fan!  >:(

The reason for the threaten strike was due to the fact that after 5 years of negotiations nothing was sorted out......a threat is made and the issue is sorted no problem at all....the question that should be asked is why couldn't it have been done years ago...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 16, 2007, 05:56:45 PM

If everyone in the GAA had an attitude like that - "thanks for your help, sorry your unhappy, just move on now" the organisation would collapse in a decade, we would end up with an organisation akin to maybe Rugby (in size).
Max (and any GPA supporters out there) what you have to realise is that every disillusioned "active" GAA member can influence at least ten other people, not including their children (which is the FUTURE of the GAA).
The Association as we know it has changed forever, but we can still minimise the damage by addressing the "grassroots" worries.
Tbc....