Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on February 25, 2008, 11:18:30 PM
QuoteUL v GMIT is in the University?

No, it's not AZ, it's in the Gaelic Grounds. But sure the trip into the GG's will only add a half hour to your lunch.

Ara balls.

Zulu

QuoteAra balls.

You'll just have to call in sick AZ, by the way do you know you have a fellow Biffo on the team? Stephen Lonergan at wing back, one of the better players too, i think he is one your senior squad at the moment.

AZOffaly

Yeah, I know young Lonergan is with UL alright. A decent prospect for us.

laoisgaa

Sorry it is in the Gaelic Grounds, a change I wasn't anticipating.

doire na raithe

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 24, 2008, 10:14:34 AM
Drive down the Malone Road, take a right at the roundabout at House of Sport then drive a good bit down the road til said shops.

Can't wait myself, gonna be some craic, some match as well if last year is anything to go by.

Back to Shaws after seeing as 3 for  a fiver is back

Our nail, you gonna piss yoursel on wed? Bringing a bottle of bo jangles into the dub for the game?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Have the half day booked off work and looking forward to the big clash at the Dub.

The heart says Queens' but the head suggests that the Poly hold the aces. Over the past 3 years the teams have been very very evenly matched. Each of the last 3 years, the game could have gone either way but Queens came out on the right side of a 1 point 3 years in a row. I think Jtown have kicked on a bit since then while Queens wouldn't have the same depth to their squad. Going on the Ryan Cup game, I think its difficult to be confident but I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

Come on Queens'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ExiledGael

How many could comfortably watch this game at the Dub?
On paper UUJ seem to have the better players but that's never enough in Sigerson. I expect the main factor to be the hurt of last year's final. Moran will have them really psyched up for revenge and can see UUJ winning, especially if Vernon doesn't make it. Has the potential to be a cracker, and glad to see McEneaney reffing it too so that can't spoil it. Just hope the wind stays down.

corn02

If you can't see properly just stand close to Doire Na Raithe, there should be no one standing near him.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteHow many could comfortably watch this game at the Dub?

Well there was a 1000 seater stand there last year and maybe another 1000 round the sides. I thought the night before the match that the crowd could be far too big for the Dub to be fit to facilitate but in the end everything was grand.

Given the Wednesday afternoon throw in, can't see more than a 1000 making it so it should be ok, if not exactly perfect.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rav67

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 26, 2008, 08:49:14 PM
QuoteHow many could comfortably watch this game at the Dub?

Well there was a 1000 seater stand there last year and maybe another 1000 round the sides. I thought the night before the match that the crowd could be far too big for the Dub to be fit to facilitate but in the end everything was grand.

Given the Wednesday afternoon throw in, can't see more than a 1000 making it so it should be ok, if not exactly perfect.

Wish i was back in Belfast for that, good game of football with QUB wnning of course then great rip potential with everyone onto Hatfield and the Bot after I would imagine

Jinxy

So are the Guards definitely thrown out? Have they any leave to appeal?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

According to the Examiner they have 3 days from yesterday to appeal, as a result CIT can't play their QF until Tuesday at the earliest. 

rrhf

Have to balance my desire to see a clubman win a sigerson medal with the desire to see QUB do 2in a row.  Ill go for the Poly on this one.  Anybody keep this board updated during the day?  Wheres that hoor Drici when  you need him? 
Is McCaul full back for the poly or winghalf?

Zulu

Well I'm off to the UL/GMIT game, hope UL can do it and with players like David Moran (son of Ogie), Fiachra Lynch, Enda Varley etc. I'm sure we will. It's a perfect day for football down here in Limerick so it should be a cracker. Best of luck to the boys and I'll post up details of the match afterwards.

AZOffaly

What time is throw in Zulu?