Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

Thanks for the scores - sounds good?

Downcamog

UUJ up by 2 points at half time in xtra time - Come on the Poly!!!!

Glensman

1-17 poly

0-15

Game over.

orangeman

Sounded like a deadly game !

rrhf

match report needed lads.  Include ratings of all the Tyrone lads.  Get the fingers out.

Glensman

Paddy Cunningham scored with last kick of normal time to equalise, I beleive.

I would imagine Queens will be drowning sorrows tonight, heavily.

David McKeown

Very good gamebut I thought Queens should have won it. Not to say but I thought mceanney had a poor game. Thought snowy and aidain gallagher and paul courtney had great second halfs for Queens who should have won it in normal time
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

rrhf

What sort of game did Mc caul - Poly have and in what position?

Skehana

Jordanstown had the better of the first half, but wasted a lot of possession and hit a few silly wides. Queens were very economically with their shooting, only had two wides in the first half.Thomas McCann scored the Jtown goal after about 20mins, great finished when one on one with the keeper. Halt Time 1-5 to 0-7 to Jtown.

Second half Queens came more into the game, and started to edge ahead.You could sense J'town getting nervous, kicking alot of ball away, but the three subs made a big difference. Bennie McKenna, Paddy Cunningham and Ciaran Donnelly all made big contibutions. Cunningham scored the equaliser from a free out on the right hand side about 21 yards out with the last kick of normal time.

Extra time, Jordanstown never looked back. In control from beginning to end with the two Donnelly's, Cunningham,Mark Lynch and Mulgrew getting a point each.Queens looked out on their feet in the second half of ET perhaps knowing they should of held on to win in normal time.'Snowy' I thought was excellent for Queens while Karl Lacey for J'town was my MOTM. Class act.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thought Poly were shockin lucky to get away with it today. Queens' should have finished them off in normal time. Very disappointing to be pulled back with the last kick of the game. Jtown started well but Queens plugged away well and started to get on top in the second half. By extra time I think the legs went a little for Queens and the Polys' stronger bench told.

Thought Aidain Gallagher had a tremendous game. Never seen a half forward get through so much work and he won an amount of ball in midfield, even if he broke down a lot of it. Queens' probably had the winning of the game if the could have gotten a better supply of ball in the full forward line. McComiskey, O'Rourke and the lad called Snowy were all dangerous enough, espicially Snowy in the second half. The problem was that their lack of height was a huge problem given the long hanging balls that kept coming into them. Jordanstown should also be very grateful to their goalkeeper who made an outstanding save in the first half from Paul Courtney.

Thought Queens can be proud of their effort overall - if Vernon had been available to start it might have made the difference. Still 4 years in a row would have been a lot to ask.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ExiledGael

Agree Lacey was a class act, as was the UUJ full-back, though unsure of his name. Though Queen's were playing into their hands, long pumped ball into their relatively small full-forward line. Really struggled to work the ball up the field late on. Though by that stage Moran had Peter Donnelly, Colm Cavanagh, Benny McKenna, Raymie Mulgrew all around midfield and they proved too good in possession in the end. UUJ keeper made 3 great saves, again unsure who he was.
Aodhan Gallagher was the only player in the centre of the pitch to make any clean catches, first time I've been impressed with him, but they couldn't work the ball into the hand sof their forwards like UUJ seemed to do easier.
Very surprised to see Queen's keeper Fergal Murphy coming up to hit their 45s, thought McComiskey would be well fit for them. Murphy scored one out of three 45s. McComiskey scored one brilliant sideline ball in the first half but Donal Morgan of Monaghan was excellent on him throughout. Lynch and Moran were decent up front for UUJ but nothing really special, though Lynch did add a classy point late on that was the insurance point. I was also expecting more from Mulgrew and Peter Donnelly, though Mulgrew had a hand in a good few scores.
Wasn't far from Mickey Moran and he was very pissed off with Colm Cavanagh late on in normal time. He didn't perform to his best, as was the case with most of UUJ's big names, and Queen's very nearly made them pay. But that bit of class and doing the right thing at the right time told in extra-time.
Who was that white haired fella who came on for UUJ?

Zulu

Disaster for UL. GMIT 0-11 UL 0-5. UL kicked 15 wides some of them absolute sitters, while GMIT had 10 wides but no real glaring misses that I can think of. I have to say it was a very poor match and UL totally under performed. I'll post more after i've had time to reflect!

AZOffaly

Ballix. How did Lonergan do?

Skehana

Micky McAllister was the UUJ Keeper, three great saves alright.Ciaran Donnelly was the blondie haired fella.