Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

It's a secret... the GAA don't want you finding out about these games.

Kentucky Blue

Hoping to get to the Queen's game on Wednesday. Should be a good game of football. Few good additions from last year, especially on the UUJ side. Think UUJ have the stronger bench which could be a big factor but with Queen's it's a real close-knit bunch and the Dub factor is a big one. Think Queen's will edge midfield but even if UUJ got 40% in this sector it could be enough with Lynch & Moran inside.
At the other end it will be interesting to see who will pick up the lethal McComiskey, possibly Lacey.

Joseph O'Kane and Raymie Mulgrew wshould be some tussle too.

I'll sit on the fence as i really cant call it, DRAW!!!

what does everyone else think?

Zulu

Quotecould someone help me out here with times and venues for the quarter finals

i know that QUB Vs Jordanstown so i'm guessing that takes place in belfast somewhere?

And i know that Tralee IT Vs DIT is happening on tralee's campus grounds.

But who are Cork IT playing and where is it taking place? and the same for the Garda College?

CIT are playing Garda, UL are playing GMIT in the other quater final. CIT are playing at home I think and UL/GMIT is on in the Gaelic Grounds. All games are throwing in at 2pm.

bennydorano

Just cant see Queens taking Jordanstown.  I was at their Ryan Cup game and it was very tight until about 15 to go when UUJ threw on Lynch and couple of other subs and coasted to a 5 or 6 point win. Different game on Wed obviously, but with Vernon a big big doubt I cant see Queens winning.

descartes

QuoteCIT are playing Garda, UL are playing GMIT in the other quater final. CIT are playing at home I think and UL/GMIT is on in the Gaelic Grounds. All games are throwing in at 2pm.

thanks zulu

didn't realise jordanstown were so strong, Are they're becoming the new dcu with the way they're recruited players?? the lads from sligo IT for example. McCommiskey is a class act too, they are probably favourites to win it out i'd say.

Predictions
QUB Vs Jtown    Jtown by 2
Tralee Vs DIT     DIT by 2
CIT vs Garda      CIT by 3
UL vs GMIT        haven't got a clue.

don't know who plays who in the semis but if Cit and Jtown are on opposite sides of the draw i'd fancy them to meet in the final. CIT are very strong too this year.

laoisgaa

Sigerson Cup Quarter Finals

UL, Limerick 2.00    UL     v GMIT

Ref: Michael McGann, An Clár

(E.T. if necessary)

Cork IT       3.00 Cork IT    v Garda TC

Ref: Richard Moloney, Luimneach

(E.T. if necessary)

The Dub, Belfast 2.00 QUB     v UUJ

Ref: Pat McEnaney, Muineacháin

(E.T. if necessary)

Tralee  2.00 IT Tralee    v DIT

Ref: Michael Meade, Luimneach

AZOffaly

UL v GMIT is in the University?

laoisgaa

AZOffaly

Deadly. I'll sneak away for an hour :) Late lunch methinks.

SuperHans

Id be a Queens man but wasat the ryan cup game earlier in the year and UUJ had too much quality for queens. in addition their hunger to beat QUB and win the cup outright shud see the poly win by 4 /5 points i reckon. heres hoping otherwise tho!

charlie stubbs

heard r nail loney rounding up a squad of boys to get wrote off at thew qub uuj game disgrace

INDIANA

One would have to favour UUJ at this stage.

Tyrone Dreamer

Ive heard this talk before about UUJ having the better players and how they should win comfortably but they seem to struggle to beat Queens and in general rarely seem to fulfill their potential.

Zulu

QuoteUL v GMIT is in the University?

No, it's not AZ, it's in the Gaelic Grounds. But sure the trip into the GG's will only add a half hour to your lunch.

Zulu

Can anyone tell me if all bookies take bets on the Sigerson or how I might find the prices for this weeks games?