Xmas pressy for girlfriend/wife

Started by southdown, December 09, 2007, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

I'd say if you go out 'shopping' along with the GF/Wife (that rules out Pintofhemlock straight away as he wont go shopping or be seen with her during daylight) they will drop enough hints at various items in the shops so you know what you could buy them.

My missus does that for me, though she had to tell me last year this was her ploy, and for 9 years I had generally always missed these hints (nothing unusual there)  :o

Make-up, jewellery, perfume, voucher for designer/decent clothes shop

always keep the receipt, as you are almost sure to get some aspect of the pressie wrong, and check about returns/cash back when you are buying, as some places offer 7, 14 or 28 day returns, others will only give you credit note.

Have fun.

For those of you thinking of popping the question, then bok a holiday to aruba with her and buy a fcek off big engagement ring for less than half the price you get it for in Ireland/Dublin (and get a nice holiday into the bargain)

his holiness nb

Stew, I'm not one for big nightclubs or going wild on the town, pints at the local is more my scene, but for the love of god, go to Coco Bongos.
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'd say if you go out 'shopping' along with the GF/Wife (that rules out Pintofhemlock straight away as he wont go shopping or be seen with her during daylight) they will drop enough hints at various items in the shops so you know what you could buy them.

I've to go shopping with herself plenty of times and she never drops hints.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Im not the most romantic person in the world so i usually give her a few hundred quid and let her buy what she wants herself...She's happy thats she's getting what she wants and im happy i don't  have to think of something to get her and i don't have to go shopping as i hate shopping with a passion.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 10, 2007, 05:41:38 PM
QuoteI'd say if you go out 'shopping' along with the GF/Wife (that rules out Pintofhemlock straight away as he wont go shopping or be seen with her during daylight) they will drop enough hints at various items in the shops so you know what you could buy them.

I've to go shopping with herself plenty of times and she never drops hints.

Thats deliberate Pints, they aint gonna make it that easy for you, you should just somehow know what she wants.
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

QuoteThats deliberate Pints, they aint gonna make it that easy for you, you should just somehow know what she wants.

yeah and when I ask what she wants (I wish she'd ask me I'd tell her!) she says "nothing" or "I don't need anything" but we all know what will happen if I do what she says!

Women!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 10, 2007, 05:48:12 PM
Im not the most romantic person in the world so i usually give her a few hundred quid and let her buy what she wants herself...She's happy thats she's getting what she wants and im happy i don't  have to think of something to get her and i don't have to go shopping as i hate shopping with a passion.

I'm just watching that 70's show...
"presents are for girlfirends, cash is for hookers"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 10, 2007, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 10, 2007, 05:48:12 PM

I'm just watching that 70's show...
"presents are for girlfirends, cash is for hookers"

:D

I bet you wish you had it as easy as me though when it comes to christmas presents for the mot
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Last christmas morning, after shopping with my wife for usb drives for some of my co-workers the day before, I gave her her present, an 8gb flash drive...
I could tell she wasnt too impressed (even though when we bought them for my friends she had been saying that they were great presents). Anyway, the tension racheted up exponentially for a couple of hours (it was hard to keep a straight face) and I could see she was getting madder than fcuk that all Id gotten her was a stupid 8gb flash drive so I handed her her real gift. It was worth the craic to see her face.

pintsofguinness

I did that with a kettle!

She actually pretended to like it, I kept saying she'd said she needed one and it was the best model and all this (it was a fiver) - it was priceless. 

Puckoon

I remember hearing something along the lines of
"He can fcukin do his own laundry from now on"

being muttered out in the kitchen. :D :D :D

full back

You 2 boyos are soppy as fcuk under that hard-man exterior :D

pintsofguinness

I never had laoislad down as being soppy - puckoon, yeah, he is.

full back

The Real Laoislad

Me soppy jaysis if the women heard someone describing me as being soppy she'd have some laugh...
Im anything but soppy...I hate all that holding hands and cuddling shite
You'll Never Walk Alone.