Meeting of Grassroots to Discuss our Strategy re GPA

Started by Seany, November 30, 2007, 11:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: ONeill on December 10, 2007, 08:11:54 PM
Anyone with Tyrone GAA at heart will not be affected, especially after the dust has settled and the red mist clears.

I find your assumption that the grants scheme is good for the wider GAA within Tyrone as extremely arrogant and misguided.
i usse an speelchekor

pintsofguinness

Darybo I'm surprised that you've been reduced to talking about administrators.  This has been taken up and explain numerous times.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

darbyo

POG I'm just trying to find the basis of RadioGAAGAA's opposition to the grants. I know why you oppose them and it is a consistent position. But some lads don't seem to quite know why they oppose it, they just do. I agree with paying administrators and I can see how you can and still oppose the grant but it can't be on the basis of the amateur principle.

ONeill

Quote from: tram on December 10, 2007, 08:13:05 PM
O'Neill, did you think the abolition of Rule 21 was "forward thinking"?

Definitely. Discrimination of any kind is backward thinking.

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 10, 2007, 08:13:52 PM

I find your assumption that the grants scheme is good for the wider GAA within Tyrone as extremely arrogant and misguided.

Explain this please. If not, give it a year or two and come back on here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

To my mind anyone who walks away from the GAA about this is just being childish because they don't get their own way....and don't have such a real love for the game....

A real love for the game?
You and your mate Dessie have a love for the game?
The love is so great that your mates were prepared to strike?

DUBSFORSAM1

Mid Louth - So are you going to walk away from the GAA or do you approve of people who walk away from the GAA because they don't agree with a a decision of the GAA???? Does this imply a love of the GAA???

As most of the Anti-GPA members are against the so called "Principal" of paying people for being GAA players - do you not agree that this principal was breached a long time ago???

PintsofGuinness - Well after years of inaction on the issue they threatened to strike.....amazing how quick the matter was sorted wasn't it.....
I wouldn't get a penny out of it as never near that standard but does it affect my love for the game or giving up my time/money to assist - no chance....

pintsofguinness

So Dubs, you declare a strike with all your mates and you're prepared to stop an intercounty season until you get what you want and you're just right.
You make a personal choice to leave the GAA as you don't agree with the direction it's going and you're a so and so.

Do you realise how stupid that is?

DUBSFORSAM1

Pintsofguinnes - Seeing as how you seem incapable of understanding one very simple statement I will try and make it simple for you...- I AM NOT PART OF THE GPA, NOT IN THE GPA AND HAVE NO CONTACT WITH THE GPA.......

If you have spent 5 years discussing and negotiating for something when the only problem is the method of delivery of the grant then yes the so called nuclear option has to be taken and a threat made......I don't know about you but I expected this to be resolved well in advance of the end of the year once a bit of pressure was put on .....and Hey presto it was......

If you leave the GAA because the Govt is providing extra funding then what does it say about you????

pintsofguinness

Dubs, I never said anything about any possible connection you have to the GPA, I don't really care either way.

The fact that you can understand the reasons why the GPA were prepared to stirke in 2008 for grants yet you can't understand why a man does not want to spend his free time raising money for players who'll be handed around 60,000 euro at the end of the year speaks volumes about you. 

theskull1

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 10, 2007, 10:51:32 PM
Mid Louth - So are you going to walk away from the GAA or do you approve of people who walk away from the GAA because they don't agree with a a decision of the GAA???? Does this imply a love of the GAA???

I wouldn't get a penny out of it as never near that standard but does it affect my love for the game or giving up my time/money to assist - no chance....

So if your missus slept with your best mate, are you saying that you would stick by her because you've always loved her and therefore will continue to do so going forward. Or would something have changed your perspective and made you rethink you relationship with her?

This issue means so much to a lot of Gaels whether you like it or not. Many will walk away on principle, because that ethos has been shattered, by the very people who were once the role model of for the GAA.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Pangurban

Back to basics here lads. These so called grants were negotiated between the GPA and the government, they are nothing to do with the G.A.A. and we should not be administering them

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: theskull1 on December 10, 2007, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 10, 2007, 10:51:32 PM

So if your missus slept with your best mate, are you saying that you would stick by her because you've always loved her and therefore will continue to do so going forward. Or would something have changed your perspective and made you rethink you relationship with her?

This issue means so much to a lot of Gaels whether you like it or not. Many will walk away on principle, because that ethos has been shattered, by the very people who were once the role model of for the GAA.

TheSkull - Are you trying to claim that nobody else is being paid by the GAA?????

Your analogy is totally incorrect as there is no agreement in the GAA that you can't receive Govt funding...

theskull1

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 10, 2007, 11:19:47 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 10, 2007, 11:07:35 PM

TheSkull - Are you trying to claim that nobody else is being paid by the GAA?????

Your analogy is totally incorrect as there is no agreement in the GAA that you can't receive Govt funding...

Could you make that question any more vague DFS1. How can I answer that??

You say my analogy is incorrect as there is no agreement in the GAA that you can't receive Govt funding, but surely you can't deny that many of us see it as pay for play (whether you don't does not matter for the purposes of this argument). On that basis can you look again at my analogy and see why many of them will walk away on principle. Whether you think it is a flawed judgement on their part or not.....it still won't stop them walking away will it? I'm saying that there will be many who take this attitude and see this as a step to far. Right or wrong?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Rois

Quote from: ONeill on December 10, 2007, 07:02:26 PM
CT Has been on the go long enough now and has a healthly blanket of organsiers and commitee men. His drive was crucial from 95-03 but it's such as well oiled machine now that he'll not be missed.

Why do you think CT funds will not go to all sections of Tyrone GAA?

Ahem...

Anyway, I said they wouldn't go directly to youth development in the next few years, not that they wouldn't go to all sections of Tyrone GAA. 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.