Christmas presents for Girlfriends

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 29, 2007, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Aye, I wrk for concern all right. 
Since you are from Armagh, a bottle of Buckfast will keep your mot happy and the poor can starve.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Lecale2

Maybe he has a point. 2nd post and you're straight in there.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 01, 2007, 02:34:15 AM

A five night Cruise in Mexico i believe is on the cards, her Birthday is Boxing day to boot
  so all bases should be covered.......... i think ;)

That should keep you in the good books for a month or so!
Ask me holy bollix

Hashtag

What's everyone getting their other halves for Christmas. Terrible at buying pressies so I am. Nowadays if someone wants something they just go out and buy it themselves. Impossible to buy for anyone.

Also we are doing secret Santa at work, balls, I have drawn a girl. Spend limit is 10GBP. Advice?

Sky Blue Gael

Hate getting presents for the woman. She's all in to her fashion and what's in and that shite where as i dont have a clue about that stuff. Anybody any advice on stuff to get her?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hashtag on November 17, 2011, 09:37:57 AM
What's everyone getting their other halves for Christmas. Terrible at buying pressies so I am. Nowadays if someone wants something they just go out and buy it themselves. Impossible to buy for anyone.

Also we are doing secret Santa at work, balls, I have drawn a girl. Spend limit is 10GBP. Advice?

Take her down the street for some shopping.  It's hell for half a day but at least you can get her to pick what she wants

Rois

Secret Santa for a tenner - a Yankee Candle would go down well, think you can get the smaller ones for that. 

A well-chosen handbag is always a great present but only if you're spending significant money on it.  Or a nice dress or something from a reputable shop - for example, Ted Baker has a 20% off sale on today, if you went in there and asked someone they'd def help you (and I am loving the stuff in there at the mo), plus they could exchange after Christmas if it didn't fit.  Swap Ted Baker for any girls' clothing (Karen Millen, Reiss etc). 

Radda bout yeee

I need help too. I'm going out with her a few years now and i'm stuck every christmas. No point buying clothes as basically everything she takes out of the wardrobe has to be de labelled! Got perfume last year with GHD's and clothes so thats all those options out the window!!  >:(

Also what would be a good budget? We both earn good salaries but we both have over £1,000 to fork out at Christmas for skiing holiday in March!

HELP!

Rois

A new ski jacket?

www.twoseasons.co.uk - shop in Vic Sq in Belfast

We're off on hols to the US in December so I will not be expecting much, nor spending much in return. 

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rois on November 17, 2011, 10:32:14 AM
A new ski jacket?

We're off on hols to the US in December so I will not be expecting much, nor spending much in return.

That could be a good idea! She said that we shouldn't spend very much on each other considering the hol - but does she really mean this???  :-\

Hashtag

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 17, 2011, 10:47:45 AM
A new ski jacket?

That could be a good idea! She said that we shouldn't spend very much on each other considering the hol - but does she really mean this???  :-\

We have said this every year for the past four years, never works out. If you did decide not to spend much you will get THAT LOOK on Christmas morning.

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: Hashtag on November 17, 2011, 11:00:20 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 17, 2011, 10:47:45 AM
A new ski jacket?

We have said this every year for the past four years, never works out. If you did decide not to spend much you will get THAT LOOK on Christmas morning.

Its almost like shes sayin "i'm not going to spend much on you but feel free to spend as much as you want on me"

Olly

Christmas is a religious festival. You are meant to show Christian values.

For all my relatives I purchase gift cards from them to charity operations, the main one being http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ie/ the Donkey Sanctuary in Cork. There's a new initiative where you can get people to sign a legal document which results in them leaving a percentage of their legacy to the Donkey Sanctuary. It's called The Donkey Will.

Last year I got all my brothers, sisters and parents that document which donate 10% of their assets to the donkeys when they DIE. I did pick up a vibe after the 4th envelope was opened around the Christmas coffee table that their disappointment was twofold.
1) They knew what they were getting. The 7th, 8th and 9th recipients didn't even open their envelopes. It may have been the thinking of death and wills.
2)They wanted something to eat, drink or wear which is the WRONG FEELINGS to have at Christmas.

It whole day sorta fell flat after that although the slideshow on the donkey welfare I did maybe halted the festive hilarity.

My point is - if your wife or girl or partner is a good person they'll accept a donation in their name to a charity and the donkeys is just one idea. If she does not accept this and reacts badly or violently to your chosen gift then she should be told to leave your life. It'll only get worse and she may be in it for your money. It's a good litmus test for families to try out this Christmas. Or is it Christmas any more?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Up The Middle

Quote from: Olly on November 17, 2011, 12:17:14 PM
Christmas is a religious festival. You are meant to show Christian values.

For all my relatives I purchase gift cards from them to charity operations, the main one being http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.ie/ the Donkey Sanctuary in Cork. There's a new initiative where you can get people to sign a legal document which results in them leaving a percentage of their legacy to the Donkey Sanctuary. It's called The Donkey Will.

Last year I got all my brothers, sisters and parents that document which donate 10% of their assets to the donkeys when they DIE. I did pick up a vibe after the 4th envelope was opened around the Christmas coffee table that their disappointment was twofold.
1) They knew what they were getting. The 7th, 8th and 9th recipients didn't even open their envelopes. It may have been the thinking of death and wills.
2)They wanted something to eat, drink or wear which is the WRONG FEELINGS to have at Christmas.

It whole day sorta fell flat after that although the slideshow on the donkey welfare I did maybe halted the festive hilarity.

My point is - if your wife or girl or partner is a good person they'll accept a donation in their name to a charity and the donkeys is just one idea. If she does not accept this and reacts badly or violently to your chosen gift then she should be told to leave your life. It'll only get worse and she may be in it for your money. It's a good litmus test for families to try out this Christmas. Or is it Christmas any more?

Thats deep
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Puckoon

Luckily for me, herself dropped her Nintendo DS in the bathtub in the summer. Will be replacing that and giving her the Lego Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows game.

Sorted.