Christmas presents for Girlfriends

Started by Galwaybhoy, November 29, 2007, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSouth

Well my gf's cousin works in some poncey hairdresser's in Lisburn Road and she gets the ghsd straigteners cheap,beacuse they are in the business, so not all hairdressers are hell bent against them. On a related note my missus uses them and some girl stopped her in the shop and asked her who did her hair.........

his holiness nb

Dont get me wrong, they make ur hair look nice and it could be years before you see the difference.
Re hairdressers, many sell them so wont speak ill of them, many dont know the full details either.

But if you go to any top of the range hairdresser, they will say avoid like the plague.

My missus used to use it quite a bit before she was warned off it (not just by one hairdresser either), so no disrespect Charlie but it aint a must have for all girls.
My missus is hoping to still have a nice head of hair in 20 years time  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

full back

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 30, 2007, 01:14:33 PM
But if you go to any top of the range hairdresser, they will say avoid like the plague.

OK, they might not be the best for a lady's hair, but them hairdressers who charge a fecking mortgage payment to do your hair would say that so you have to keep coming back to them
They may just have another agenda...

Lecale2

Last year I signed her up to the local Gym. £25 a month. Spreads the cost of Christmas. I thought it was a great idea but it didn't go down well!

full back

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 30, 2007, 04:11:11 PM
Last year I signed her up to the local Gym. £25 a month. Spreads the cost of Christmas. I thought it was a great idea but it didn't go down well!

:D
Suprised you are still walking - cheeky b4stard :D

Silky

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 30, 2007, 04:11:11 PM
I wonder why?? I suppose it could have been worse - signed up to weight watchers!

:D :D :D

Rois

You're all great craic with the ghd chat.

Yes of course it ruins hair - I can tell someone who uses them a lot - their hair breaks at the top and they have little flyaway hairs all along the top layer.  But obv it depends on how strong your hair is.  I spend a clean FORTUNE on my hair, protector sprays, intensive conditioners at £6 per single treatment, hair repair sessions, blah blah blah. 

Haidressers will maintain that if you can dry someone's hair well enough, you don't need them.

When ceramic straighteners first came out, I got a free pair from my previous (male) hairdresser in exchange for getting him a ticket to Armagh's AIF victory in 2002.

Square Ball

There are far too many blokes on here that know way toooooooooo much about hair products, its my wife, yeah right!! ;D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

JimStynes

All the spice boys from the other end of the town use straighteners. You can spot a prod a mile off, hair died, spiked up every road and straightened of course.

Square Ball

Quote from: JimStynes on November 30, 2007, 06:40:46 PM
All the spice boys from the other end of the town use straighteners. You can spot a prod a mile off, hair died, spiked up every road and straightened of course.
Diddnt realise that there were so many prods living in Wes Belfas

Square Ball

Nope

just stating that there are a hell of a lot of guys who fit that bill living in West Belfast (the none protestant part)

give her dixie

Lads, what about giving a donation to charity on her behalf. Concern and Trocaire have amazing gifts at all prices, and if she doesn't like it, then dump her as it will show her true character. Have been giving to charity for a few years now instead of presents, and it always goes down a treat.
Off course, give her some small token gift as well just to keep her sweet.......
Happy shopping
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

SeanSouth

Quote from: give her dixie on November 30, 2007, 07:16:15 PM
Lads, what about giving a donation to charity on her behalf. Concern and Trocaire have amazing gifts at all prices, and if she doesn't like it, then dump her as it will show her true character. Have been giving to charity for a few years now instead of presents, and it always goes down a treat.
Off course, give her some small token gift as well just to keep her sweet.......
Happy shopping

Did they tell you how much of your donation is absorbed on "administration" costs?

Tyrones own

A five night Cruise in Mexico i believe is on the cards, her Birthday is Boxing day to boot
  so all bases should be covered.......... i think ;)

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Armagh4SamAgain

dont trusth that lad dixie i think he works for concern. Dont give him any money.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"