Pints of Guinness
16 (40%)
Snowed Under
14 (35%)
Too scared to say
10 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 39

THE MIGHTY QUINN

It's a well known fact that we all have, to a greater or lesser degree, a morbid fascination with violence and bloodletting.    From the old Granny prepared to throw her false teeth at Mick McManus the wrestler, to the vast number of neutrals who queue up at turnstiles to get a glimpse off GAA matches such as Kilcoo v Castlewellan or  Cullyhanna v  everyone, to the kinky gent glued to the female mud fighting on the Men and Motors channel all get a kick of watching two or more warriors slugging it out. 

And this GAA Board is no different.     Over the past number of months we've witnessed various spats most of which fall into the handbags at 40 paces category, however more recently we've seen a war develop, and fought through various threads, involving Pints of Guinness and Snowed Under fought at an intensity that would have Ger Cavlan and the Farmers Boys running for ringside seats. 

Both are angry men, and some of us who have dared to step in between them have been hit with a stray blow or two, but who is the angriest?     Might it be Pints of Guinness who hails from Silverbridge and is a self confessed hater of almost everything, or perhaps Snowed Under who hails from ...... Chez Snowed Under...... an overworked protector of  the young mother wishing only to display a Baby on Board sticker on the rear window of her Volvo estate and struggling to manoeuvre her kids through crowded shopping centre car parks.

Get out there and vote in this latest poll as we try to establish who is the angrier Pints or Snowed

ziggysego

You're the only one that shouts his own name ;)
Testing Accessibility

Snowed Under

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 29, 2007, 12:24:58 AM
It's a well known fact that we all have, to a greater or lesser degree, a morbid fascination with violence and bloodletting. From the old Granny prepared to throw her false teeth at Mick McManus the wrestler, to the vast number of neutrals who queue up at turnstiles to get a glimpse off GAA matches such as Kilcoo v Castlewellan or  Cullyhanna v  everyone, to the kinky gent glued to the female mud fighting on the Men and Motors channel all get a kick of watching two or more warriors slugging it out. And this GAA Board is no different. Over the past number of months we've witnessed various spats most of which fall into the handbags at 40 paces category, however more recently we've seen a war develop, and fought through various threads, involving Pints of Guinness and Snowed Under at an intensity that would have Ger Cavlan and the Farmers Boys running for ringside seats. Both are angry men, and some of us who have dared to step in between them have been hit with a stray blow or two, but who is the angriest?  Might it be Pints of Guinness who hails from Silverbridge and is a self confessed hater of almost everything, or perhaps Snowed Under who hails from .... Chez Snowed Under.... an overworked protector of  the young mother wishing only to display a Baby on Board sticker on the rear window of her Volvo estate and struggling to manoeuvre her kids through crowded shopping centre car parks. Get out there and vote in this latest poll as we try to establish who is the angrier Pints or Snowed

::) :o :o You have no idea how silly that statement is, as I said I treat this board and internet warriors like yourself on it exactly for what it is, imagine how uttlerly bizarre it is to see so many people fascinated with two members posts, who like ONeill list of members could for all intentional purposes be the same person.   :-* :-*

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

I voted POG the man's be angry for longer for snowed under it could be a passing phase  :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

I'd say Pints is grumpier and Snowed is angrier.

Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Grumpy is good.

Good post TMQ. There's too little humour around here. And Snowed Under seems to be the Joan Burton of the board - a kind of anti-matter to humour. He seems to have the ability to suck the humour out of any situation and wipe the smile off a whole community.

illdecide

All Pints needs is a good ride. "Release the fury" ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Billys Boots

Yeah, Pints isn't angry, he's grumpy - I thought that had been established in the distant past.

And Hardy, prepare yourself for an onslaught of joyful anecdotes from Shamrock Shore on the wonderfulness of Deputy Burton.  Did you know that her brother was Bosco's (yes that Bosco) mate on the telly.   ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SouthArmaghBandit

Excellent post Mr Mighty!  :D :D

Pints is the grumpiest bollocks I've ever come across!  As Armagh4Sam famously said "Get yourself a girlfriend and take your anger out on her!"

Hardy

Billy - you're not serious! Is there any chance we could put her in a box like Bosco? And nail down the lid.

AZOffaly

Hardy, just out of interest like, is there anybody you actually *do* like? ;) (Apart from the lads on your signature)

Grumpy aul' Meath hoor :D

Hardy

AZ - I'll have a think about it. I'm sure I'll come up with somebody.

Snowed Under

Quote from: Hardy on November 29, 2007, 09:22:33 AM
Grumpy is good.

Good post TMQ. There's too little humour around here. And Snowed Under seems to be the Joan Burton of the board - a kind of anti-matter to humour. He seems to have the ability to suck the humour out of any situation and wipe the smile off a whole community.

Whilst you're the school master of the board, Jesus really did weep!

his holiness nb

Who would qualify as an "internet warrior" in your opinion Snowed Under?
Is it a guy who is argumentative, or someone who posts a lot?
Ask me holy bollix