14 (42.4%)
My club pays 'expenses' and i'm for the grant
9 (27.3%)
my club doesn't pay expenses and i'm for the grant
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

snappiered

Quote from: orangeman on December 04, 2007, 10:48:51 AM
Good point DMARSDEN - But I know that a lot of club people are starting to rebel against this - they're fed up with outside managers coming and taking the money and disappearing.

Orangeman I hear your club are offering big bucks for 2008 ;)

loughshore lad

Quote from: snappiered on December 04, 2007, 10:53:13 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 04, 2007, 10:48:51 AM
Good point DMARSDEN - But I know that a lot of club people are starting to rebel against this - they're fed up with outside managers coming and taking the money and disappearing.

Orangeman I hear your club are offering big bucks for 2008 ;)

Dont think so.

passedit

Everybody for the Elk, don't be afraid to ask about the strategy for manager payments.

Oh and don't forget to vote here as well.   ;)
Don't Panic

behind the wire

passedit, i think you are absolutely correct to raise the point about managers being paid. there should be a backlash against it. but this meeting was called specifically about players being paid, hopefully the meeting will not be sidetracked. another meeting to discuss action against paid managers would be appropriate. this meeting is against open semi professionalism of top gaa players.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Clubmember

Sorry lads is this not what club agm's are for?  ???

behind the wire

the club agm is probably the best route to use. but as far as i know people with like minded views are still allowed to assemble freely whenever they want to have a meeting about whatever subject they choose. therefore i dont see whats wrong with it. although i dont see what good will come from it apart from repeating the views that the majority already hold anyway.

orangeman

DMarsden - our club are NOT paying any managers in 2008 - they like a lot of other clubs have seen the light and will NOT be paying in future - don't know where you got your information from but I'd say it's merely an attempt by you to create a smokescreen ! Our outside manager walked out half way through the season last year and club men continued on in the job and took the team themselves.

believebelive

Quote from: Clubmember on December 05, 2007, 02:47:25 PM
Sorry lads is this not what club agm's are for?  ???

care to answer my post in the other thread clubmember?

his holiness nb

Dmarsden is being deceptive suggesting hypocracy here. Most people on this thread are saying managers should NOT be paid. So how is it hypocritical?

Even the guys whose clubs do pay expenses, thats their club, doesnt mean they approve!
Ask me holy bollix

passedit

sorry BTW i see the two as being inextricably linked. You can't tackle them separately. Too many people want to ignore the management issue because it's inconvenient to their agenda.
Don't Panic

behind the wire

its definitely inextricably linked. but the elk meeting is about the grant and nothing else. but im 100% with you in that i believe payments to managers is wrong.

darbyo

QuoteDmarsden is being deceptive suggesting hypocracy here. Most people on this thread are saying managers should NOT be paid. So how is it hypocritical?

Even the guys whose clubs do pay expenses, thats their club, doesnt mean they approve!

It's hypocritical because none of you kicked up the same amount of fuss as you are doing over this. And ironically if this grant goes through and there is a county team (with a paid manager) playing in Croke Park next year all the players will be getting 'paid', the manger and most of the backroom staff will be getting paid but only the manager and backroom staff will be taking from county board coffers. But which payment are we railing against?, the one we aren't even paying. You couldn't make this up.

behind the wire

darbyo

A well thought out and concise rebuttal, behind the wire.

behind the wire

darbyo, two wrongs dont make a right. you should know that. ok the same fuss wasnt made about payment of managers. that should not be the case. i dont agree with paying a manager. managers shouldnt be paid and hopefully there will now be a backlash against the practice. however, this doesnt mean that you can use it as an argument to support players being paid. both are wrong. shouldnt happen.

now that i have went over that again with you is that ok?