i pods

Started by the Deel Rover, November 13, 2007, 03:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

looking for help lads a friend of mine is going to america and with the dollar been so weak he said that it would be cheaper to get an i pod over there. sorry if its a stupid question but will it work over here? also whats the best one to buy? whats the i pod touch like has anyone got one? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gnevin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 13, 2007, 03:17:46 PM
looking for help lads a friend of mine is going to america and with the dollar been so weak he said that it would be cheaper to get an i pod over there. sorry if its a stupid question but will it work over here? also whats the best one to buy? whats the i pod touch like has anyone got one? 
I will work fine over yet expect for the us plug(which i dont think even come as standard anymore) but you can buy a Irish one in loads of places
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

heganboy

laptops ipods, imacs, iphones- whatever you want electronics wise way way cheaper. The main issue is tvs, different way of displaying so you cant buy in the USA and bring them over- they wont work, however pretty much anything else will (you may require an adapter or a transformer but other than that you're good)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Shamrock Shore

It will work fine but, tbh, it's a pernickity piece of equipment.

new devil

Quote from: heganboy on November 13, 2007, 03:39:17 PM
laptops ipods, imacs, iphones- whatever you want electronics wise way way cheaper. The main issue is tvs, different way of displaying so you cant buy in the USA and bring them over- they wont work, however pretty much anything else will (you may require an adapter or a transformer but other than that you're good)

We had a TV at home which came from the states that worked fine, and a plasma at the minute which is also going OK
when your buying your ipod in the states ask for an adapter that works in ireland, it costs about $30

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 13, 2007, 03:39:53 PM
thanks lads
it that all of the i pods ss or just the i pod touch?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Shamrock Shore

I have the iPod that Bono was flogging 2 years ago. (Not the special U2 one cos I hate the overblown cnuts)

Don't get me wrong - 90% of the time it's fine but it can 'hang' at times and needs to be reset. A few times the only way I could reset it was to let the battery run dowm.

Small complaints really for this yoke that has all my music, podcasts, some music videos etc all to hand.

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 13, 2007, 03:39:53 PM

It is indeed
Just read what I had to do to get mine functioning normal after constant -48 error.

The fix is called "Syncing to Steve JobĀ“s time"

Temporarily change the Time Zone setting in Mac OS X to Pacific Standard Time (PST) as shown below. This setting can be accessed from the Date & Time panel in System Preferences.
Open the latest version of iTunes and Restore your iPod
After successfully restoring your iPod, change the Time Zone back to your normal setting.

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on November 13, 2007, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 13, 2007, 03:17:46 PM
I will work fine over yet expect for the us plug(which i dont think even come as standard anymore) but you can buy a Irish one in loads of places
There is no plug needed with the iPod, just the standard USB cable which comes with it.

Rossie11

Exactly theres no plug. I got 30Gb one in New York back in June. 60euro cheaper than over here, its every cheaper now with the dollar falling.

Puckoon

Has anyone at home got their hands on the bose sound dock for the ipod? How much are they going for at home? Mrs Puckoon just got me one for the birthday - some sound from it.

Main Street

Quote from: Puckoon on November 13, 2007, 04:56:22 PM
Has anyone at home got their hands on the bose sound dock for the ipod? How much are they going for at home? Mrs Puckoon just got me one for the birthday - some sound from it.
Mrs Puck. has good taste. I just get a jacket every year (socks and underwear included)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Rossie11 on November 13, 2007, 04:54:03 PM
Exactly theres no plug. I got 30Gb one in New York back in June. 60euro cheaper than over here, its every cheaper now with the dollar falling.
how much would a 30gb cost ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

new devil

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 13, 2007, 05:24:11 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on November 13, 2007, 04:54:03 PM
how much would a 30gb cost ?

$250

Against the Breeze

Quote from: heganboy on November 13, 2007, 03:39:17 PM

Exactly how much would you be talking for a laptop Heganboy et al?