Heaney blasts BBCNI

Started by bennydorano, November 06, 2007, 09:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Both UTV and BBC showed a number of scores, and the great block at the end and interviews with manager and player.
Good effort

orangeman

The bigots are starting to see the light - the power of the keyboard ! and the Irish News - and threats of writs ! Keep it up lads - keep complaining !

zoyler

There was no radio coverage on Sunday because it was not budgeted for.  If we're lucky they may have allowed a few bob tpo cover the Ulster Final. I'd be surprised and delighted if there is anything next Sunday!

clawaddy

Good article on the lack of coverage in the Star today by Karl O'Kane.  Covered the same arguments made by Paddy Heaney and others on this board.  By the way could we organise a collection over the next couple of days and maybe we could gather enough to send  reporters to Clones and Omagh even if it was just with mobile phones to phone in the scores a few times.  I know we shouldnt have to do this as we have already paid in our license fees

imtommygunn

Possibly been covered but that season ticket is going to the US and Australia etc.

If their budgets are so tight then why are they doing this?

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the Martin Clarke show but if they had budget for that...

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Feckitt on November 12, 2007, 12:03:53 PM
Just sent my complaint away this morning to Mike Edgar & Shane Glynn.  Hope I don't just get the standard reply.

Dear Sirs,
I know that last week you received countless emails, letters and phonecalls concerning your poor coverage of Gaelic Games.  I didn't write to you last week, as I assumed that with the amount of complaints you received along with the negative publicity in the press that the BBC would be embarrassed into rectifying this.
However, I was genuinely shocked to discover on Sunday that your refusal to cover the Ulster Club Championship has not changed.
On Saturday a match involving Newry Town was carried live.  However on Sunday another match involving Mayobridge & Dromore took place in Newry with approximately 10x times the attendance of the aforementioned soccer match. 

Well done Feckitt, keep us posted.

I have no problem with the NI soccer matches getting good coverage, but when another sport attracts 10x times the attendance in the same town on the same weekend, but gets no coverage, then you know something is wrong.  In fact there were probably more people at that one GAA match than all the Irish league matches combined.  We will never know this for definite as the attendances at IFA matches is the most closely guarded secret in sport today.

Dromore go on to play Crossmaglen Rangers next Sunday in the Semi Final.  It really would beggar belief if the BBC decided to ignore this game as well.  Tyrone champions versus Armagh, Ulster and All-Ireland champions.  It will be by far the biggest game in Ulster this weekend in any sport.  The BBC have a duty to be there.  We will wait and see.
Yours sincerely,

"Stercus accidit"

orangeman

Keep her at it lads - shame the bigots !

Puckoon

Just out of interest, does anyone know what Jerome Quinn thinks of this whole thing?

Puckoon

So is the concensus that its blatant bigotry and that Jerome just has to deal with it? Or are there other reasons for the lack of coverage?
He has no pull at all?

passedit

QuoteSo is the concensus that its blatant bigotry and that Jerome just has to deal with it? Or are there other reasons for the lack of coverage?
He has no pull at all?

That's about the size of it allright Puckoon.

QuoteGood article on the lack of coverage in the Star today by Karl O'Kane.  Covered the same arguments made by Paddy Heaney and others on this board.

I understand that the Ulster council are involved as well, coordinated effort perhaps.
Don't Panic

orangeman

Bring it to the courts - protest outside the BBC - That'll get the headlines !

Hurler on the Bitch

tbrick18

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2007, 11:25:33 AM
Bring it to the courts - protest outside the BBC - That'll get the headlines !

Protest at the BBC about lack of GAA coverage...they wont report on it due to budget restrictions as this would constitute a GAA story.
It'll be like it never happened.
A share of cnuts the lot of them.

Bogball XV

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 14, 2007, 02:02:00 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 14, 2007, 12:03:16 PM
It's too wet!
And with that avatar, I think you're just talking dirty ;)
I would have said "It's too moist" if that was what I meant..