Connacht Club Championship

Started by stephenite, November 06, 2007, 01:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: stephenite on November 26, 2007, 10:56:11 AM
Quote from: Hardy on November 26, 2007, 10:50:24 AM
People are not commenting on Brady's media career or his personality

Quite a habit of not reading threads fully these days Hardy, Stews dismissal quandry was only last week and now this ;)

Blast made the following comment above

Quote from: blast05 on November 25, 2007, 11:07:42 PM
Actually when i am ranting about Brady  .... a comment on his relationship with the media, particularly given his recent very central role in the book "House of Pain" - now while i love to see players engaging the media and giving informed comment and opinion, Bradys relationship, or rather the scale and tone/manner of it has been such over the last 5 or so years that he seems to have created a legacy for himself as a Mayo footballer which is vastly greater than what is actually justified. Am i the only one that thinks this ?

I am simply responding to this

Fair enough. I'll have to get a secretary. Consider the first two sentences and the first three words of the third sentence of my previous post deleted.

Ryano

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on November 26, 2007, 01:36:29 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 26, 2007, 12:48:07 PM
Some of the worst criticism I've heard about him has been from, wait for it, Mayo people.
And I still stand over what I said earlier - there is something about David Brady that especially gets on the goat of the Rosserroos and the Heron Chokers. The Rossies especially - welcome Ryano, how have you been? ;)

Not bad up until yesterday actually ICC. The red and green mist decended then and it's all been a bit of a haze over the last 24 hours ;D

I have never particularly liked David Brady, (and it's nothing to do with him being a Mayo man btw) i think he is just a hatchet man to make up for his lack of footballing ability and of course that tv interview after the club AI did not help. I remember him laying out Seamie O'Neill in the Hyde back in 2002/2003?? not sure of exact year. The ball was cleared and gone up the field by Mayo and O'Neill (who had been having a pretty good game and was just 19/20 years of age) was jogging back out to midfield. The bould David came running up from behind and to O'Neill's right hand side and punched him on the jaw. It was the most cowardly thing i have ever seen and i have never liked him since. If he had come face onto O'Neill and given him a chance to defended himself then you might be able to say something for him. But from behind and to a then young fella of 19 was just pathetic and sums him up really. A thug of limited abilities. Its a pity as these are the sorts of things he will be remembered for and not the games where he has played well or made a difference such as the AI semi against Dublin.

Rossfan

I think it's fair to say that the most vociferous complaints about Brady over the last 5 or 6 pages have been by non Rosfolk and non Galway folk.
Enuf said.
Now get rid of the bags a spuds off ye're showlders and try to think like winners for a change.
Oh and cheer up -no Kerry team left  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mano

We can add this Sligo fan to the dislike David Brady club also.

Looks like this could be "probably his last" year though ;)

Ballina and Mayo talisman David Brady admits winning the Connacht title in "probably his last" year makes the success all that bit sweeter.

The Mayo kingpins defeated defending Connacht champions St.Brigid's on Sunday in the Connacht final and Brady is elated with the sides achievement. The midfielder also had a special mention for his colleague Ronan McGarrity.

"It's fantastic, it's a great feeling and all the more so because it's probably my last one," explained Brady.

"You look at Ronan McGarrity and all that he has been through this year, it's amazing. It was a team effort. We have battled-we battled through there and, at the end of the day, we won the Connacht title.

"After losing at the semi-final stage last year we were hurt and we were just looking for a Connacht title, that's what we're happy with now," concluded Brady

saffron sam2

I have been trying to come with an anagram of David Brady and with the Milan keeper in mind so far I've got v bad Dida but I don't know what to do with the r and the y. Pity he didn't spell his name Bradey.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Mano

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 28, 2007, 03:15:51 PM
I have been trying to come with an anagram of David Brady and with the Milan keeper in mind so far I've got v bad Dida but I don't know what to do with the r and the y. Pity he didn't spell his name Bradey.

How about vry bad dida-a different variant of very

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on November 28, 2007, 05:42:38 PM
QuoteI have been trying to come with an anagram of David Brady
Why?

Just saw the obvious link to Dida in Brady's first name and some of his recent behaviour reminded me of the Milan keeper.  The real anagram was an afterthought.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

thefont

pretty hilarious the sour grapes from the rossy lads, we bet you even with an enniscrone ref letting persistent fouling  go on the Ballina man in possession and sending of O'Mahoney for no apparent reason, while railroading Ballina for things like over carrying on numerous occasions, our forward line was sluggish but we still had enough to win it with 14, enough said.
RE the DB abuse I'd say the big man has heard worse abuse but lads come on a bit of persepective. Brigids clearly went into the game with a policy of cute hoorism i.e diving and feigning injury to get the Ballina man booked, and it obviously worked by getting O'Mahoney sent off, not enough to save ye unfortunately. Before you go back up to the rarefied atmosphere of the  high moral ground have a look at the TG4 web tv coverage: i'll pick out one incident of many, saffron sam and all the other neutrals take note. Go to 35 min 40 sec on the video, pat harte hits one  bridget's man a shoulder just as he hand passes the ball, then Eanna Casey hits a guy not shoulder to shoulder, fouling him. Both bridgets men are seen writhing in agony champions league style on the ground in an effort to get their men booked, in the case of the former they are successful with Harte picking up a yellow, both Bridgets men miraculously recover to play the rest of the game. Sound familiar DB knockers? Ask yourself if you're a Ballina player seeing this go on what are you thinking? you;re thinking this ref is going to be influenced by people feigning injury, DB used his experience at the end to win the game, end of story. What he did happens in every club and on every county team, get off your high horses people...the problem was not with DB but with an incompetent ref. Would Rossies who castigated DB for his end of game diving care to comment on their own lads behaviour? Was that also a disgrace to the GAA etc etc? Maybe we were just too 'physical' or whatever other ridiculous excuse you can come with, take your beatin like men in future, nothing brings more disgrace on the GAA then whinging, abusive hurlers on the ditch.

spectator

Quote from: thefont on November 29, 2007, 06:13:30 PM

nothing brings more disgrace on the GAA then whinging, abusive hurlers on the ditch.

And nothing comes more naturally to Ballina folk than picking up a fishing rod, attaching their bait to the hook and ... erm ... going fishing :D ;D ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thefont on November 29, 2007, 06:13:30 PM
pretty hilarious the sour grapes from the rossy lads, we bet you even with an enniscrone ref letting persistent fouling  go on the Ballina man in possession and sending of O'Mahoney for no apparent reason, while railroading Ballina for things like over carrying on numerous occasions, our forward line was sluggish but we still had enough to win it with 14, enough said.
RE the DB abuse I'd say the big man has heard worse abuse but lads come on a bit of persepective. Brigids clearly went into the game with a policy of cute hoorism i.e diving and feigning injury to get the Ballina man booked, and it obviously worked by getting O'Mahoney sent off, not enough to save ye unfortunately. Before you go back up to the rarefied atmosphere of the  high moral ground have a look at the TG4 web tv coverage: i'll pick out one incident of many, saffron sam and all the other neutrals take note. Go to 35 min 40 sec on the video, pat harte hits one  bridget's man a shoulder just as he hand passes the ball, then Eanna Casey hits a guy not shoulder to shoulder, fouling him. Both bridgets men are seen writhing in agony champions league style on the ground in an effort to get their men booked, in the case of the former they are successful with Harte picking up a yellow, both Bridgets men miraculously recover to play the rest of the game. Sound familiar DB knockers? Ask yourself if you're a Ballina player seeing this go on what are you thinking? you;re thinking this ref is going to be influenced by people feigning injury, DB used his experience at the end to win the game, end of story. What he did happens in every club and on every county team, get off your high horses people...the problem was not with DB but with an incompetent ref. Would Rossies who castigated DB for his end of game diving care to comment on their own lads behaviour? Was that also a disgrace to the GAA etc etc? Maybe we were just too 'physical' or whatever other ridiculous excuse you can come with, take your beatin like men in future, nothing brings more disgrace on the GAA then whinging, abusive hurlers on the ditch.

How's it going David? ;D

stephenite

Weclome to the Board my friend the font - the only important thing to note at the end of it all is the result, rise above the rest of the begrudgers, naysayers and inbreds, we're better than them ;)

Actaully, if you want some decent, informed logical opinions on the game from Roscommon folk, head over to Stolen Sheep - that's where the real Rossies appear to hang out and no mass hysteria there - calm sensible comment that is well thought out. To the extent that my opinion of Roscommon people might actually change - it's a great site

Rossfan

Very sensible posters indeed on S/Sheep -- except for Micky 51 and two others of the red and green ilk.
Still if ye want to improve yereselves - we should do our best to help those less fortunate than ourselves. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

darbyo

Haven't read all the posts on this thread but as a neutral DB left himself down badly. And like so many other threads people aren't willing to accept that their own players are at fault, there is no excuse for what DB did. Until we are mature enough to say ' yeah our lad made a meal of it' and accept he was wrong then the game of football is destined to go the way of soccer.

Frank Casey

Quote from: darbyo on November 30, 2007, 10:49:34 PM
Haven't read all the posts on this thread but as a neutral DB left himself down badly. And like so many other threads people aren't willing to accept that their own players are at fault, there is no excuse for what DB did. Until we are mature enough to say ' yeah our lad made a meal of it' and accept he was wrong then the game of football is destined to go the way of soccer.

Well said. There's a society thing about this. We as a nation must take responsibility for when we err - even in the heat of battle. If we can't be honest then are we any better that a certain portugese international who got his clubmate sent off in an international world cup match last year and acknowledged it with a wink. No thanks please.
KERRY 3:7

mannix

Its a case of sore losers from st brigids. If they were able to contain db and co they would have.Remember mcgarrity,brady and harte have been in the biggest game in the country twice in the last few years, ross are happy with a good showing or a qualifier in Croke Park, Mayos lads are not,even if it has eluded them.
Ross would love to have any of the ballina lads on their side.
DB INCLUDED.